off line non-rev help

CaptBud330

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
Just became a grandpa for the first time!!!! I want to see this rascal as often as I can. Does anyone know the fare basis for an ID-90 on Delta from TYS to XNA? The folks at the TYS ticket counter look at me with complete confusion. Need some reliable info. Thanks, Captain Bud (retired)

FLYING that routing you will have to either connect via ATL or CVG a ID90 on Delta should be 90% off of the FULL Y FARE.

Congratulations Grampa Bud!

From the Employee Travel Manual:

REDUCTION: 90 PCT SPACE AVAILABLE. APPLICABLE TO THE
LOWEST UNRESTRICTED Y COACH CLASS FARE.¶
.¶
MINIMUM FARES: 30.00 USD ONE-WAY - 60.00 USD ROUND-TRIP¶

Would be just as easy to non-rev on US from TYS to XNA, clt better connection than ATL. Though the TYS flights have been pretty full, especially more so with PSA base there and frequent DH's. Though they are upping the flights from 7-9/day.

Would be just as easy to non-rev on US from TYS to XNA, clt better connection than ATL. Though the TYS flights have been pretty full, especially more so with PSA base there and frequent DH's. Though they are upping the flights from 7-9/day.
Yea, TYS is getting harder to get in and out of. We could not get out of CLT today, so we had to fly in as close as we could to TYS and drive on in. Getting out of here, too, is often challenging. What happened to the LGA and PIT non-stops? Those were always nice.
What would it take to get the 70-seaters here to TYS? The loads are always good, especially in UT football season! :)

If you are going to connect anyway.... I would suggest using ZED fares if at all possible, as they are much much cheaper. Try Northwest to MEM and then on to XNA. Most likely the NW ZED fare would be less than $100 each way, where a DL ID90 would be close to $150 each way.

As for the ticket counter in TYS, good luck with that. Most, but not all ticket counters at Express stations don't have any agents that went to ticketing school. If TYS is your only option, have the agent call the help desk and they can walk them through the process.

As for the ticket counter in TYS, good luck with that. Most, but not all ticket counters at Express stations don't have any agents that went to ticketing school. If TYS is your only option, have the agent call the help desk and they can walk them through the process.
Express stations have a lot of turn over it seems this is the way US management wants it inexperience's disposable revolving door employees.

Express stations have a lot of turn over it seems this is the way US management wants it inexperience's disposable revolving door employees.
Several agents who worked for mainline (prior to the station going to Express) are still in TYS. You're right, though, a lot of turnover at express stations. You get what you pay for.

Latest posts