Oh YEAH ! This will DEFINETLY get The GOP some extra VOTES.

southwind said:
Only problem I have with SNAP cards are the people who use them to buy steaks, alcohol and cigarettes, then climb into their Escalade!

Have you actually seen people do that?  I know you can't claim that you've seen them buy booze and cigarettes.

Have you actually seen people do that?  I know you can't claim that you've seen them buy booze and cigarettes.
Buy them with the card is a problem. Solution: have somebody give you money and take them to the store and buy them food for the cash.

777 fixer said:
As I said earlier, I've seen plenty who were able to peel off $20's to buy a carton of smokes, while using the SNAP card to pay for "food" at a gas station convenience store.

If you have the money to smoke, you shouldn't be getting financial assistance for your food. Short of testing welfare recipients for tobacco or drugs, that's also impossible to stop, unless you somehow have the retailers get in the middle as gatekeeper (i.e. refusing sale of the tobacco after selling them something on SNAP).

Latest posts