OK CHIP WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?

HPMCPATTON

Sep 6, 2002
www.usaviation.com
[P]Also, [FONT size=3]US Airways received the court''s approval to sign a baggage handling system contract at Philadelphia International Airport [/FONT]and to assume a modified agreement with Mesa Air Group Inc. (NasdaqNM:[A href=http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=mesa&d=t]MESA[/A] - [A href=http://biz.yahoo.com/n/m/mesa.html]News[/A]) . Mesa is one of several air carriers with which US Airways has an arrangement to sell tickets on flights the carriers operate under the trade name US Airways Express.[/P]
[P] [/P]
[P] [/P]
[P]OK CHIP WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?[/P]

HPMCPATTON:

The first I heard about this motion was after it was reported yesterday. I do not know but I will find out.

Chip

Our GSE mechanics maintain the baggage system and we have a contract with the city on the system, it has nothing to do with fleet service.

During the bankruptcy process, the court must approve any contract between US and another party. The PHL Airport Authority wanted a signed contract approved by the court protecting the airports revenues during the formal reorgnaization process.

It is actually unnessary and more belt and suspenders than anything else.

In regard to the modified agreement with Mesa Air, the court approved the agreement where Mesa will add 20 50-seat RJs with J4J.

Chip

HPMCPATTON:

Today Reuters publicly discussed what I had posted last night. I a report Reuters said, Mesa also said a federal bankruptcy court has approved a US Airways Group Inc. motion to continue its jet codeshare pact with Mesa. US Airways filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in August. The court's approval allows Mesa to add 20 50-seat regional jets to its existing US Airways Express fleet. The jets will be integrated into that fleet in 2003.

Chip

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/7/2002 10:54:16 PM chipmunn wrote:

In regard to the "modified agreement with Mesa Air", the court approved the agreement where Mesa will add 20 50-seat RJs with J4J.

Chip

----------------
[/blockquote]

MESA has NOT agreed to J4J. The MESA MEC has said they will NOT agree to J4J until Freedom is ALPA and the CCAir pilots are integrated into the whole group. This will go against the plans for Johnny O. to operate those 70 seaters at Freedom.

[P align=justify][FONT face=Times New Roman size=3]Algflyr:[BR][BR]Algflyr said: MESA has NOT agreed to J4J. The MESA MEC has said they will NOT agree to J4J until Freedom is ALPA and the CCAir pilots are integrated into the whole group. This will go against the plans for Johnny O. to operate those 70 seaters at Freedom.[BR][/FONT][FONT face=Times New Roman size=3][BR]Chip comments: Algflyer, you’re correct, but as I said in another thread there are behind-the-scene negotiations occurring today on the issue and I believe an agreement acceptable to all parties will be announced shortly.[BR][BR]Chip[/FONT][/P]

Chip, Maybe I'm missing something? If so ? fill me in.

I fail to see where Johnny O and MESA would have any interest in playing the J4J thing with us. Here is my observation in support of this theory.

(1) MESA has RJ's...and RJ Pilots

(2) MESA has the Credit to buy more without any assistance from BKAir.
(3) MESA has had no problems recruiting pilots to fly for them
(4) MESA is attempting to get Non-Unionized Freedom Air going.
(5) Mesa and ALPA Combined did a real nifty job on destroying the Evil Unionized Pilots and Employee's of CCAIr...that did not fit his vision of cost structure
(6) MESA is obviously trying to distance themselves from Union issues...So why would they agree to J4J's ..and end up deeper in these issues?
(7) US needs immediate RJ feeds...and doesn't have the ability to furnish them to our WO's...MESA can..and without conceeding anything to your ALPA MEC.
(8) U will sell you guys down the river..if it's between MESA RJ's and Pilots flying a needed route....or helping our furloughed pilots?
(9) Johnny O is clearly in the drivers seat here...U needs the planes...MESA has the ability to obtain more ...So where in all of this is there any motivation to sign on for J4J's?

The story is looking more like MJJ4J (More Jet Jobs for Jonathan)....He has a Full-House on this hand....U is playing with a pair of dueces.