One Other Mistruth From Dave

OldpropGuy

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
Do we really have reason to not believe everything Dave Seigel says? This is just one example which haunts the PDT workers.

When the three wholly owned subsidiaries, ALG, PDT & PSA were all in negotiations for concessions, Dave made the statement that whichever wholly owned reached agreements with all of its labor groups first, would be the first to get RJ's. He threatened to leave the last in bankruptcy as he whipsawed each against the other. Well straight from:

http://www.alpa.org/alpa/DesktopModules/Vi...DocumentID=2243

SALISBURY, MD --- The Piedmont Airlines dispatchers, as represented by the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAMAW), successfully ratified a restructuring agreement with their management on Feb. 20, 2003, making Piedmont the first of the US Airways Group's wholly-owned subsidiaries to acquire contract relief from all of its labor groups.

Not to take anything away from the PSA folks, which were the last if they ever did get agreements with all of their work groups and who apparently are cheaper, but we can see how Siegel lied to and let down the PDT employees. PDT has closed maintenance bases and returned, or has scheduled to return a large portion of its fleet, and has been told that there are no RJ's planned. All this while contract carriers get more flying.

If we all had only known then what we know now!

I have never believed anything the gangster known as seigal says. as far as i'm concerned he has stolen from us and lied to us and made my station along with a few other stations mainline express with pathetic wages. and on top of that we are losing pax to other airlines at my station due to pax not wanting to leave the aircraft or having to have their bag rerouted everyday. Good luck to all at PDT and my support is with you all the way!

old guy,

How right you are in that dave lied to us about getting rj's. I think that the other part of your discussion should be that when he offered the the 705's to the extra-large jet pilots (mainline pilots) that he did not lie about that and ended up giving them to MESA. When the eljp's come to the realization that there jobs are going to be outsourced more and more and when there APL'S get tired of working at the likes of MESA maybe just maybe they will start ernest negotiations with the wholly owned pilots and keep the flying where it belongs.

It's such a shame to see a once lucrative Airline such as US Airways dwindle away, as management unsuccessfully attempts to shrink it into profitability. It's even worse to see a leader lie, and throw away a long-time profitable resource such as Piedmont. A rational manager would expand gainful assets.

Now PDT, with very limited resources, severely understaffed after maintenance and other cutbacks, returning aircraft, as many employees abandon what appears to be a sinking ship, is called upon once again. The remaining long-term employees are asked to do even more with even less, as more flying is shoehorned into the schedule as a result of the demise of Midway. The amazing thing is that it’s working, although not flawlessly!

It seems that PDT has been used many times over the years to pick up the extra flying which no one else could handle. This has resulted in many last minute schedule changes, late schedules, forced flying on days off, and other disruptions in employee’s lives. But, somehow it has always worked!

As a reward for all the years of successful operation, this wholly-owned company and the proud, hard-working employees are being told they will continue to shrink, as jets replace turboprop flying and there are no RJ’s in their future. It sure appears that PDT is just not a part of the upcoming plan at US Airways!