Orlando Last Night (10/19)

phillyguy

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
I was flying MCO - PHL late yesterday with an ATC weather hold in Philly.

The U group in MCO were just fantastic, they worked hard to get passengers from later flights on earlier flights in order to make connections, kept the passengers informed without getting frustrated by passengers who would ask the exact question that was just asked in the latest annoucement.

One agent spent at least 30 minutes working on re-routing a pax connected through PHL to Europe. The first routing that the agent came up with was not suitable in the passenger's eye, and the agent spent considerable time calling around and finally coming up with a re-route that satisfied the customer. The passenger left the counter shaking the agents hand and thanking hiim for his hard work!

Despite everything how can we not be loyal to an airline who has employees who still care that much!!!

Phillyguy <flying U til the last day that hopefully will never come>

I have been a member of this family for 16 years. There is not a finer group of caring , hard working people in this industry. We will work our tails off to get a pax to their destination which is far more than I can say for our LCC competition. If I am traveling and bad weather strikes there is no one I trust more than US.

I am trully confident of that. Despite all the low moral and negative talk, I am fairly confident that we will all work hard at our jobs for our customers.

Thank you MCO for showing it and thank you to all the others that do not get mentioned. :up:

Wait until those employees get their first paycheck with 21 % less money. As the financial burden begins to hit them and their Holidays with oh so few presents for the kiddies stares them in the face we will see how the attitude changes.
Thanks U for the wonderful future.

PITMTC:

I agree. Everybody is disappointed with the state of affairs, but virtually every employee I come in contact with continues to do their job to the best of their ability and I have not detected the "so called" poor morale.

You always have about 10% of a group who are malcontents, which are the most out spoken and disruptive. What I do not understand is if these people are so miserable why do they not leave the company?

Maybe they're unemployable because of their attitude.

Separately, I understand the 21% pay cut can be reduced with long-term deals that address work rules, benefits, and pension payments. Moreover, except for salary paid employees, each can person can continue to work overtime to keep their gross pay at or about current levels.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I've said the same thing about United and its employees. I'm sure all airline employees consider their airline as having the best and hardest working. That's just the way it is.

But under the circumstances, kudos to your people in MCO.

spacewaitress said:
I've said the same thing about United and its employees. I'm sure all airline employees consider their airline as having the best and hardest working. That's just the way it is.

But under the circumstances, kudos to your people in MCO.
[post="193003"][/post]​

I agree, with the exception of AA. No other airline, in my experience, comes close to the level of laziness, stubbornness and rudeness of AA employees at the airport and on the plane.

It's too bad, because (IMHO) AA has the best res people, frequent flyer program and award availability, as well as MRTC on most planes. Actually, now that I think about it, that is probably why AA is still around.

If there were an airline with Southwest efficiency, US Airways ground/flight people and AA management, the DOJ would have a fit with the monopoly that would result!

Thanks Toto for being so positive...we need more comments like yours!! LOL..If you don't have anything good to say Toto, do us all a favor and say nothing!!! Your acting like a Toto!

I was monitored only days ago and was told that They expected me to be confrontational when speaking to customers. I seperate my emotions from my job. I was raised to do the best job possible regardless of circumstances. My customer service skills are outstanding and I try to maintain a certain level of service; however, those days of listening to someone tell me to hang myself or stating they hope my family dies are gone. There are just certain things I am not paid to put with any longer.

A320pilot...Morale is poor. That is the best way of putting it. We the majority of the customer service group plain refuse to take it out on the passengers. How we deal with it???? I for one will not work overtime to assist the company. If I come to a cash flow situation would rather find a part time job to supplement my income. You just will not see the morale. You actually have to live it to understand. The only thing I told myself when we hit BK 2, is what ever happens while I am still here will do my job as if nothing happened. We all in the customer service side understand what customer contact is and how important it is. Lets be honest here, if we did not do what we all do in my group and quite frankly we are the best customer service group hands down....imagine the state of this airline...we can either bring in the passengers or drive them away. I prefer to continue to reel them in. If we took the stand to drive them away, Feb would be insignificant as the airline would more than likely shut down due to lack of dollars flowing in. The cold hard facts are all airlines sell the same thing. Transportation point a to b. Imagine if you will if you booked a ticket over the phone and had a unpleasant experiance with the res agent would you buy another ticket on that airline? Or if you made your reservation online and had a bad experiance with the ticket counter agent or gate agent would you buy another ticket on that same airline??? This is something that the brainless wonders in CCY do not get and more than likely never will. If you ask me it is ashame, but that is the state of affairs with my group within this company.

And also forgot to add if the customer has a postive experiance with the customer service group and a bad experiance with the flight attendent the same situation. Next time they fly another choice besides Usairways will be used. All groups that have direct and frequent contact with the passengers are the impressions that the passenger form and will either allow that return business on there next trip or take the dollars elsewhere. Not saying that the customer service or another group is more important than another group. It is all a piece of the puzzle that needs to fit perfectly to keep this company going.