U travel experience today 1/29

phillyguy

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
Had an early flight out of PHL connecting via PIT today. Up early and did my web check in. That is a great feature especially if you use the parking deck. Only 2 issues with are no frequent flyer status and no passenger copy after you board the plane. 1st is a minor issue and the 2nd you can overcome by printing as many copies as you want at home.
Arrive at PHL and head for the security line. Show the U personnel the printed boarding pass and was reaching in to get my photo ID -she said it was not necessary -just the boarding pass.
Went through the security screen no problem. At boarding time -they took the boarding pass but again did not ask for a photo ID.
Made the connection in PIT and again no one asked for a photo ID.
Something seems wrong with that process. Matching the boarding pass with the photo ID at boarding time was actualy something I thought made perfect sense.
Just an observation.
Other than that great job by all U folks -both at PHL and PIT as well in flight - as always.
Phillyguy
BTW - any idea when TSA will stop the door screens in Philly.
Interesting the gate agent said anyone who came to the door before they were called would be sent for screening - kind of defeats the purpose of random screening.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/29/2003 5:33:15 PM phillyguy wrote:

Interesting the gate agent said anyone who came to the door before they were called would be sent for screening - kind of defeats the purpose of random screening.
----------------
[/blockquote]

A scare tactic, I bet no one boarded out of order.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/29/2003 6:26:31 PM FA Mikey wrote:

A scare tactic, I bet no one boarded out of order.
----------------
[/blockquote]

The other night, a buddy of mine (both of us are CP) was connecting in CLT. The gate agent started boarding from the back, with no mention of First-class, or Preferreds. My friend assumed it was ok to get in the line, since no other announcement had been made to the contrary. The flight was not running late, so there'd be no particular reason to expect the routine to be different. Anyway, the gate agent pulled the customer in front of my friend out of line (a full-fare first) and had him wait, and then pulled out my friend too. Coincidentally, I had connected in CLT a few days prior, and the gate agent made no pre-boarding announcement either, for a routine flight. I boarded ok though. This stuff is irritating. If you're on a full flight, and you're a Preferred, you ought to atleast be assured that you'll get on and be able to find a convenient spot for your carry-ons, unless there's a good reason not to, and it's explained.