Osama is dead

CactusPilot1

Veteran
Contributor
Feb 10, 2011
By JULIE PACE, Associated Press Julie Pace, Associated Press – 3 mins ago
WASHINGTON – Osama bin Laden, the mastermind behind the Sept. 11 attacks against the United States, is dead, and the U.S. is in possession of his body, a person familiar with the situation said late Sunday.

President Barack Obama was expected to address the nation on the developments Sunday night.

A senior U.S. counterterrorism official said bin Laden was killed in a ground operation in Pakistan, not by a Predator drone. The official said it happened last week.

Officials have long believed bin Laden, the most wanted man in the world, was hiding a mountainous region along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border.

The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to speak ahead of the president.

Put in his head on a pike outside the Pentagon or the WH.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/01/usama-bin-laden-dead-say-sources/

By JULIE PACE, Associated Press Julie Pace, Associated Press – 3 mins ago
WASHINGTON – Osama bin Laden, the mastermind behind the Sept. 11 attacks against the United States, is dead, and the U.S. is in possession of his body, a person familiar with the situation said late Sunday.

President Barack Obama was expected to address the nation on the developments Sunday night.

A senior U.S. counterterrorism official said bin Laden was killed in a ground operation in Pakistan, not by a Predator drone. The official said it happened last week.

Officials have long believed bin Laden, the most wanted man in the world, was hiding a mountainous region along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border.

The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to speak ahead of the president.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110502/ap_on_re_us/us_bin_laden

CIA shot him in the head. Good riddance a....h..l. Good job USA.

RR

Reactions: 2 people
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110502/ap_on_re_us/us_bin_laden

CIA shot him in the head. Good riddance a....h..l. Good job USA.

RR

Agreed, RR.

This is one event where we can put our differences aside. We all need to be aware of the jihadisits wanting revenge.

Like you said, good job USA.

Better late than never.

I don't think it's at an end. One thing that is an end is the notion we don't have the patience for this sort of thing. Almost ten years of hunting him is at an end.

I can only imagine what's went through the mind of the Spec Ops guy who capped him.

Sweet. I'm glad that we have his body as well. They (the terrorists) can't parade him around or say that he is still alive.

Some nice intelligence work and good work by the troops on the ground. I think they ought to put some lead weights on the SOB and sink his sorry ass in the Marinas trench

Today is a good day for the world.

I hope he is meeting his Virginians in the afterlife now....

It's symbolic, but where one weed gets pulled out, another grows.... and it wouldn't surprise me to see retaliation of some fashion.

It's symbolic, but where one weed gets pulled out, another grows.... and it wouldn't surprise me to see retaliation of some fashion.

True, but on the other hand they would find some other reason even if OBL were still alive.

Virginians... :lol:
We hope so, then we can just use a weed whacker. Let's see how the ME reacts. Maybe Egypt and Libya will refuse our weapons...Err Not... B)

I know the story over the years was that he was hiding out in the remote tribal regions of Pakistan in a small village. However most of the other high level AQ leaders who have been captured, KSM comes to mind, were captured in urban areas. While not necesarily a urban area where he was killed a large compound outside Islamibad is hardly a small mud hut in the mountains.

I know the story over the years was that he was hiding out in the remote tribal regions of Pakistan in a small village. However most of the other high level AQ leaders who have been captured, KSM comes to mind, were captured in urban areas. While not necesarily a urban area where he was killed a large compound outside Islamibad is hardly a small mud hut in the mountains.

Are you kidding? Three mud huts with a wall around it is considered a compound. Large may be 4 huts, if you don't know, don't say. If you have facts, linky please... B)

Latest posts