Veteran
Jul 31, 2004
DCA
Visit site
MSNBC Article/Associated Press
Full story
By: Alfred Arian

Excerpt:

“The lion of Islam, Sheik Osama bin Laden, may God protect him, offered you a decent exit from your dilemma. But your leaders, who are keen to accumulate wealth, insist on throwing you in battles and killing your souls in Iraq and Afghanistan and — God willing — on your own land.â€

“Your leaders responded to the initiative of sheik Osama, may God protect him, by saying they don’t negotiate with terrorists and that they are winning the war on terror. I tell them: You liars, greedy war mongers, who is pulling out from Iraq and Afghanistan? Us or you? Whose soldiers are committing suicide because of despair? Us or you?†he said.

The video came in the wake of a Jan. 19 audiotape by bin Laden in which he warned that al-Qaida is preparing attacks in the United States but offered a truce “with fair conditions†to build Iraq and Afghanistan.

The White House firmly rejected bin Laden’s suggestion of a negotiated truce. “We don’t negotiate with terrorists,†Vice President Dick Cheney said at the time. “I think you have to destroy them.â€

Just curious.... does anyone think it's time to do whatever we can to bring an end to this war on terror, even if it means negotiating with these people? Should we risk any longer the threat of a nuclear or biological weapon being used in a major American city... and possibly lose hundreds of thousands of American lives if there might be a slight chance that we can somehow avoid it? Even if it means changing our long-standing policy? Or would negotiation open the gates for more violence?

Well, we are already negotiating with the "insurgents"in Iraq. But I dont really associat them with al-qeeda, more just convienent allies for now. Same goes for the warlords in afganistan. No, I don think we need to negotiate anything with al-qeeda. And i don't think it would matter either way. Bin laden isnt the source for hate in the middle east and a truce with him would be a wast of time, and have a neglijable affect on the violence in Iraq. I think we do have to destroy al-queeda. And I wish we had spent all the lives and resources we are wasting in Iraq doing that.

i suppose you wish to extend a branch of "olives'...??
don't worry...al-qeida won't bother us anymore....you fool. :lol:

Or would negotiation open the gates for more violence?
trust me.... i promise not to nuke your favorite cities.....trust me.....NYC was an accident....trust me....

Just curious.... does anyone think it's time to do whatever we can to bring an end to this war on terror, even if it means negotiating with these people?

Since you think negotiating with monsters is feasible, then you'd no doubt be interested in the 200 acres of beachfront property I just happen to own in Malibu. I paid $500 million for it years ago but need some quick cash and will sell it to you for $10,000. If interested, just send me $500 cash as a good faith deposit (I'll provide you with a P.O. box to send it to). I also own rights to the George Washington Bridge in NY/NJ which I can let you have for only $2,000. The tolls alone will provide you with a handsome profit in less than one day. Let me know.

deal with them by bringing the Neutron Bomb out of retirement and USE IT!!!! thats how to deal with terrorist!!!

Just curious.... does anyone think it's time to do whatever we can to bring an end to this war on terror, even if it means negotiating with these people? Should we risk any longer the threat of a nuclear or biological weapon being used in a major American city... and possibly lose hundreds of thousands of American lives if there might be a slight chance that we can somehow avoid it? Even if it means changing our long-standing policy? Or would negotiation open the gates for more violence?
Yeah, your right...we dont want to make them mad, they might hijack a plane and fly it into a NY skyscraper...Oh thats right, they already did that, but I'm sure it was all just a simple misunderstanding.