Outrageous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct. The majority of mechanics I know that were replaced by NWA moved on to careers outside of the airline industry. They will never go back. I am included in that group. We never had a flex schedule, unless you like 6 on 2 off on midnight shift.

The ones that scabbed had no inititiative or had been in some kind of trouble, and could/would not start over.

My point was the Pilots are the one group that would have the hardest time matching that salary away from an airline pilot job.

No it is not a big leap for us (AMT's) to do other things. Many have gone on to the federal/state govt, medical, oil, petrochemical, railroad, utility....

I am no psychologist so if you want my advice any longer, pony up that dime! :lol:

It's in the mail! Just as soon as I cash my 20cent profit sharing check.

As for the pilots...their shear locked in investment in an airline should have been enough to force them to fight the greed and incompetence of NW management.

What the Fu*k did your big mouth do?

Did you stop working? Did you tell Ual you weren't coming to work cause you were going over to walk with NW mechanics? Thought so. There is ALWAYS a few Bit*hes with big mouths walking around with little peanuts in their pants pretending they have done something more than talk AVON with other wannabes. Yeah...you've given "lots of support"...with lip service.
Now shut up and go worry about when Ual is going to shut down SFO shop, then show us what you can do.
You are not even worth discussing what happened and who did what at NWA...YOU DID NOTHING, where NOWHERE around, but you and a few other "pretenders' have lots of MOUTH about it. I'd worry about your own raped backyard before trying to tell others what THEY should or should not have done, cause you SURE were a shinning example of how to bring management to it's knees....NOT!
ALL NW Unions historically have done FAR more than those at Ual in battle with airline management ....PERIOD!

Now for those of us who were at NWA during this time:
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/2005-0...wa-unions_x.htm

http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/22/news/econo...tions/index.htm

We know exactly how many FA's voted to support AMFA and how many didn't (you can't control the weak chicken legs who think it is ALL about themselves, and were scared to death of a puny little 1,000 replacements)

The only thing I will agree about is the spin-less pilots( SOME, NOT ALL!), and 1/2 of the FAs who were of the weak spinless scared of their shadow sort. I guess with your point of view and MASSIVE support for the NW mechanics, NW FAs sold out to the company with this 50.5 vs. 49.5 vote in favor of this contract. I guess from your point of view it was irrelevant that the bankruptcy court, higher court and all the judges ruled against NW FAs and they STILL fought for a strike.

Yours and the ilk like you are truly pathetic with your general, immature blanket statements on something that was far more complicated than some little pea brains could comprehend.

Why don't you remind us exactly what Ual Unions (particularly YOU) did while in bankruptcy (long before NWA entered the battle) during the "fight"?

As a matter of ‘fact’ I did. It amounted to a little over two weeks with no pay after I used the 7 days left on my vacation time.

I watched and spoke to a few of 'you' and some of 'you' took pictures with us as you crossed the picket line.
Eventually, the FAs and the Drivers used the doors 2 down west of the picket line. (I have pictures if you desire) :p

It is bad enough when the PAX do not care but I take it to heart when the people that 'should' care do not.

So, WTF did you do?

B) UT

As a matter of ‘fact’ I did. It amounted to a little over two weeks with no pay after I used the 7 days left on my vacation time.

I watched and spoke to a few of 'you' and some of 'you' took pictures with us as you crossed the picket line.
Eventually, the FAs and the Drivers used the doors 2 down west of the picket line. (I have pictures if you desire) :p

It is bad enough when the PAX do not care but I take it to heart when the people that 'should' care do not.

So, WTF did you do?

B) UT
View attachment 7307
IAM ESE's were pushing back the flight that I had been pushing for years...

NWA F/A's and pilots made sure the operation went smoothly. No write-ups for the scabs.

"We support you 100%" was the mantra from the ESE's...as they performed struck work.

So, WTF did you do?

B) UT

I spent a couple of years in SFO while at NWA.

I know the guys out there got a lot of support from our UAL brothers during the strike.

We had several Techs from SWA come over from HOU and picket with us at IAH.

So, WTF did you do?

B) UT

If you did what you say you did. Then I would like to PUBLICLY APOLOGIZE, and THANK YOU for putting action where a lot of people like to just use their mouth.

As for me, I will only say that I have NEVER/WILL NEVER cross a picket line (out of selfish reasons, cause I believe in Karma), and did what I could to help our mechanics around the country (along with HUNDREDS of other NW FAs). This kind of support cost many to lose their jobs (which was a negotiated return to position in the last contract).

If we had more of the kind of support that you delivered, Union employees in the airline biz wouldn't be licking the boots of management.

Once again...THANK YOU!

UT Tech goes on my Hero list! ( are those bowling balls in your pants man!)

I spent a couple of years in SFO while at NWA.

I know the guys out there got a lot of support from our UAL brothers during the strike.

We had several Techs from SWA come over from HOU and picket with us at IAH.

Tech,

Thanks for the kind words.
Wish I could have done more.

Take Care,
B) UT

If you did what you say you did. Then I would like to PUBLICLY APOLOGIZE, and THANK YOU for putting action where a lot of people like to just use their mouth.

As for me, I will only say that I have NEVER/WILL NEVER cross a picket line (out of selfish reasons, cause I believe in Karma), and did what I could to help our mechanics around the country (along with HUNDREDS of other NW FAs). This kind of support cost many to lose their jobs (which was a negotiated return to position in the last contract).

If we had more of the kind of support that you delivered, Union employees in the airline biz wouldn't be licking the boots of management.

Once again...THANK YOU!

UT Tech goes on my Hero list! ( are those bowling balls in your pants man!)

Take me off of your ‘Hero’ list as I do not deserve it.

If you want a ‘HERO’, look at Tech2101.

He has sacrificed everything except his ‘HONOR’ and ended up better for it.

Tech2101 is on ‘MY’ Hero List! (If I had one... :p)

B) UT

Take me off of your ‘Hero’ list as I do not deserve it.

If you want a ‘HERO’, look at Tech2101.

He has sacrificed everything except his ‘HONOR’ and ended up better for it.

Tech2101 is on ‘MY’ Hero List! (If I had one... :p)

B) UT

Oh..Tech2101 and thousands of others have been on the "Senior" Hero list for a while. And yes you are a hero, heroes lead by example vs. cheap meaningless talk.

This is a subject that is burned into my memory for a good long time. I can barely discuss it without being highly emotional and angry. I am one who will NEVER forget, and will NEVER forgive what was done. But I find solace in believing, what goes around comes around in the laws of the Universe.

"nudging" this thread back toward the topic, (hegding), would'nt it be(happily) Ironic, if "this" was a last second WAKE UP CALL for NW/ALPA, to walk away from "tricky DICK" !!

Not that IT would have been a done DEAL.
(I kinda wanted to see/hear OBERSTAR in action) :angry:

Heck, maybe if AA and NW "catch each others scent", maybe we'll see/hear OBIE after all . :angry:

"nudging" this thread back toward the topic, (hegding), would'nt it be(happily) Ironic, if "this" was a last second WAKE UP CALL for NW/ALPA, to walk away from "tricky DICK" !!

Not that IT would have been a done DEAL.
(I kinda wanted to see/hear OBERSTAR in action) :angry:

Heck, maybe if AA and NW "catch each others scent", maybe we'll see/hear OBIE after all . :angry:
Maybe NWA didn't hedge knowing it was going to be bought/aquired/merged by (into) DAL.

Maybe they ought to slam shut the revolving door of BK and force these companies to get qualified adults to run them vs. rewarding idiots whose only formula for success is reduce employee ranks and pay. (while ensuring they hare rewarded for a job a High School senior could've done)

But then again, we are talking about a country that voted a person of George Bush jr.'s capacity in a CEO of the USA (with NO professional experience whatsoever, other than the job as a governor his Daddy gave him) And who said ancient Rome is dead.

I am beginning to think our expectation of commonsense and intellect of our gov. is way out of line. I for one would love to see California secede from the USA. Establish strict borders with both Mexico and the U.S. Then watch the improvements in quality of life surpass the US.

Maybe NWA didn't hedge knowing it was going to be bought/aquired/merged by (into) DAL.

That was wishful thinking of those who stood to profit. A sense of power often makes those who think they have it delirious. They begin to believe that the minions will believe anything you tell them if you keep telling it to them enough times. Power positions and their Bully Pulpits, deafens them to reality.

This one sure bit them in the a$$. I think they finally got the lowdown that this would definitely be a nuclear explosion on the NW side. Frankly, I hope they still try it...so that we can expose them for what they really are, I would love to see someone go to jail.

Sweet Jesus, I promise I would be a good boy the rest of my life if you grant me that one wish.

Oh..Tech2101 and thousands of others have been on the "Senior" Hero list for a while. And yes you are a hero, heroes lead by example vs. cheap meaningless talk.

This is a subject that is burned into my memory for a good long time. I can barely discuss it without being highly emotional and angry. I am one who will NEVER forget, and will NEVER forgive what was done. But I find solace in believing, what goes around comes around in the laws of the Universe.

I hope it does North....and also Good job UT :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back