Pacific flying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2004
Red Planet
Visit site
"Delta said Wednesday that next summer it will add three new non-stop flights from the U.S. to Tokyo's Narita airport, Northwest's Asia hub, from which Northwest flies to 13 other Asian cities. Northwest is also launching new non-stop flights between Seattle and Beijing and between Detroit and Shanghai". Look for Seattle Mumbai soon (was supposed to be with the 787 right about NOW)

"Delta said Wednesday that next summer it will add three new non-stop flights from the U.S. to Tokyo's Narita airport, Northwest's Asia hub, from which Northwest flies to 13 other Asian cities. Northwest is also launching new non-stop flights between Seattle and Beijing and between Detroit and Shanghai". Look for Seattle Mumbai soon (was supposed to be with the 787 right about NOW)
doubt it the reason the mub flight was moved to atl was yeild. Indian aviation has taken a major hit durring the world economic melt down. Look for lax-gru-nrt

doubt it the reason the mub flight was moved to atl was yeild. Indian aviation has taken a major hit during the world economic melt down. Look for lax-gru-nrt

I believe that was Delta's NY-Mumbai flight moved to ATL.

Seattle was on the 787 NW list. I see this going through. NW should have launched LAX-GRU ages ago...too busy being focused on paycuts (=bonuses) rather than growing the airline. Truly despicable vermin...now preparing to suck the life force from two airlines instead of one.

ATL may work for the South East, but it is not the deal hub for global expansion from the whole US, nor SLC. Seattle is perfect as it captures NW US (high Tech centers) and Western Canada (BC traffic) which is twice the traffic from ATL.

(off subject)
This upcoming showdown over Union representation is going to get very nasty, evident by Mr. Anderson's already "them and you" theme. You will have the same people voting NON UNION at New Delta that supported Sarah Palin for V.P= President (brainless and couldn't fine the US on a world map)

You will have the same people voting NON UNION at New Delta that supported Sarah Palin for V.P= President (brainless and couldn't fine the US on a world map)

I looked all over my ballot and could not find where to vote for V.P (I think the only people she could "fine" in the U.S are in Alaska).

I believe that was Delta's NY-Mumbai flight moved to ATL.

Seattle was on the 787 NW list. I see this going through. NW should have launched LAX-GRU ages ago...too busy being focused on paycuts (=bonuses) rather than growing the airline. Truly despicable vermin...now preparing to suck the life force from two airlines instead of one.

ATL may work for the South East, but it is not the deal hub for global expansion from the whole US, nor SLC. Seattle is perfect as it captures NW US (high Tech centers) and Western Canada (BC traffic) which is twice the traffic from ATL.

(off subject)
This upcoming showdown over Union representation is going to get very nasty, evident by Mr. Anderson's already "them and you" theme. You will have the same people voting NON UNION at New Delta that supported Sarah Palin for V.P= President (brainless and couldn't fine the US on a world map)

NXNW,

I can ignore a lot of things (and have been forced to after reading some of the bloated opinions on this website)
but equating "non union" supporters with "Sarah Palin" supporters and everything that implies is really going to far!

As someone (among many others) who voted non-union and was a huge supporter of Obama I am really blown away by your implication that the two are somehow mutely exclusive.

What it really comes down to is that the unions have done a crap job of selling themselves to us (much like the Republicans failed to do to America last Tuesday). They have failed to make the case of why they would be better for us at this junction other than the other guy is worse (also like the Repubs). The negative tone to the union campaign didn't help either.

What really amazes me from reading certain opinions on this forum is that some of you seem to think that you are going to come in and "rescue" the Delta employees from the big bad management. That somehow we're plugged into the "matrix", that we just need to be unplugged from the machine and that then we'll finally see the light. That we're stupid and ignorant and just so full of Delta juice that we can't possibly think for ourselves, whether its voting for a union or for Sarah Palin! It is amazing that we've been able to muddle through (for 80yrs) so far!

It would be a mistake to somehow think of us as a naive, easy to manipulate, "they don't know whats going to hit them type of group".

We've been doing this for a long time you know.

NXNW,

I can ignore a lot of things (and have been forced to after reading some of the bloated opinions on this website)
but equating "non union" supporters with "Sarah Palin" supporters and everything that implies is really going to far!

As someone (among many others) who voted non-union and was a huge supporter of Obama I am really blown away by your implication that the two are somehow mutely exclusive.

What it really comes down to is that the unions have done a crap job of selling themselves to us (much like the Republicans failed to do to America last Tuesday). They have failed to make the case of why they would be better for us at this junction other than the other guy is worse (also like the Repubs). The negative tone to the union campaign didn't help either.

What really amazes me from reading certain opinions on this forum is that some of you seem to think that you are going to come in and "rescue" the Delta employees from the big bad management. That somehow we're plugged into the "matrix", that we just need to be unplugged from the machine and that then we'll finally see the light. That we're stupid and ignorant and just so full of Delta juice that we can't possibly think for ourselves, whether its voting for a union or for Sarah Palin! It is amazing that we've been able to muddle through (for 80yrs) so far!

It would be a mistake to somehow think of us as a naive, easy to manipulate, "they don't know whats going to hit them type of group".

NXNW,

Sam-

With all do respect. I beg yours and many others pardon, who come on here with the Delta song about OUR old NW leaders, assuming that because they are some how now apart of "old" Delta (which no longer exists) they will somehow treat us, and YOU differently than they have over the last 15 years and more at Northwest Airlines. An airline whose been FLYING passengers for 82 years (compared to Delta's 72 years of pax flying) as one of the MOST successful/and PROFITABLE airlines in the WORLD prior to the arrival of your new bosses...we are by any standards..the OLD GUARD (LAST of the original American international Flag carriers!, those that ushered in international travel for the FIRST time in human history)

And yes, I most definitely DO equate them with those that voted for (ignoring her stupidity) a "Beauty contestant/mayor of a rural dirtpatch", lacking the most basic knowledge of a sophisticated, dangerous world (as IF that is some kind of fresh asset). What difference is it from those that "choose" to ignore the proven destructive behavior of New Delta's management, and voting for a DUMMY Palin (who brags about it!). These people were TRAINED by Frank Lorenzo during his destructive episode at Continental (that forced the US gov. to ban him from aviation, the FIRST American in history to acquire that wonderful title)

It is very easy to "blame" others (AFA) for what did or did not happen during the past election ( I have yet to hear of an example of what AFA did that was so bad), the fact is, at the end of the day it was the duty of every mature adult at Delta to research for themselves what they are facing in the long run. No one wants to admit Old Delta was/ IS the lowest COMPENSATED of ALL major US carriers for flight crews and ground, on top of OUTSOURCING thousands of US jobs in payroll, and numerous central administration jobs.

Regardless of what is said NOW... you and I both know what was fed Delta crews ("Haven't we ALWAYS taken care of Delta employees during past mergers, ala Pan Am?" CODE for, don't vote and we will help you get a leg up in seniority") A little research would have made clear that that was a load of crock.

And make no mistake...we are some of the toughest MOST experience Crews in the world by nature of our airlines age and battle with your current new management. Let's be clear, Northwest has been dealing with employees as a passenger carrier much longer than Delta's 70 some years (excluding those early NON pax years). No American US carrier outside of Pan Am has been flying international as long as Northwest Airlines.

No group of airline employees have ever had to fight to the legal degree that Northwest Flight crews have had to in bankruptcy...All so that your current management could proceed with their long range plans of merging these two companies, paid for from our pockets. It may be OK for those who voted non union at old Delta, but it will NEVER be OK with the other more than half of this NEW airline...and it is NEW. We are NOT guests, or new employees any more than you or the rest of OLD Delta. I question the basic idealism of someone whom trusts proven liars...kinda like trusting George Bush or his side kick McCain (who voted 98% of the time for his choices) and AirHead Palin. If that is an issue for you, that is something you will have to own as it is a fact of reality.

I support a Union in my aviation work place and I stand by my comparison, in fact I challenge Sarah Palin to a debate any day of the week to prove my comparison, and I promise you, when I finish with her she will never want to seek political office on the mainland United States of America again.

The public is under no illusions as to the earthquake awaiting New Delta over this Union issue...I am one of the nice ones at Northwest when it comes to passions about their Unions. FYI, MSP has historically one of the MOST passionate streaks of Unionism in America. Do a history check...these people will NEVER give up their say in their futures willingly. As I am sure RA knows, this will be a battle the likes of the American airline industry has never seen.

And we've been doing this MUCH... longer than you...

Sam-

With all do respect. I beg yours and many others pardon, who come on here with the Delta song about OUR old NW leaders, assuming that because they are some how now apart of "old" Delta (which no longer exists) they will somehow treat us, and YOU differently than they have over the last 15 years and more at Northwest Airlines. An airline whose been FLYING passengers for 82 years (compared to Delta's 72 years of pax flying) as one of the MOST successful/and PROFITABLE airlines in the WORLD prior to the arrival of your new bosses...we are by any standards..the OLD GUARD (LAST of the original American international Flag carriers!, those that ushered in international travel for the FIRST time in human history)

And yes, I most definitely DO equate them with those that voted for (ignoring her stupidity) a "Beauty contestant/mayor of a rural dirtpatch", lacking the most basic knowledge of a sophisticated, dangerous world (as IF that is some kind of fresh asset). What difference is it from those that "choose" to ignore the proven destructive behavior of New Delta's management, and voting for a DUMMY Palin (who brags about it!). These people were TRAINED by Frank Lorenzo during his destructive episode at Continental (that forced the US gov. to ban him from aviation, the FIRST American in history to acquire that wonderful title)

It is very easy to "blame" others (AFA) for what did or did not happen during the past election ( I have yet to hear of an example of what AFA did that was so bad), the fact is, at the end of the day it was the duty of every mature adult at Delta to research for themselves what they are facing in the long run. No one wants to admit Old Delta was/ IS the lowest COMPENSATED of ALL major US carriers for flight crews and ground, on top of OUTSOURCING thousands of US jobs in payroll, and numerous central administration jobs.

Regardless of what is said NOW... you and I both know what was fed Delta crews ("Haven't we ALWAYS taken care of Delta employees during past mergers, ala Pan Am?" CODE for, don't vote and we will help you get a leg up in seniority") A little research would have made clear that that was a load of crock.

And make no mistake...we are some of the toughest MOST experience Crews in the world by nature of our airlines age and battle with your current new management. Let's be clear, Northwest has been dealing with employees as a passenger carrier much longer than Delta's 70 some years (excluding those early NON pax years). No American US carrier outside of Pan Am has been flying international as long as Northwest Airlines.

No group of airline employees have ever had to fight to the legal degree that Northwest Flight crews have had to in bankruptcy...All so that your current management could proceed with their long range plans of merging these two companies, paid for from our pockets. It may be OK for those who voted non union at old Delta, but it will NEVER be OK with the other more than half of this NEW airline...and it is NEW. We are NOT guests, or new employees any more than you or the rest of OLD Delta. I question the basic idealism of someone whom trusts proven liars...kinda like trusting George Bush or his side kick McCain (who voted 98% of the time for his choices) and AirHead Palin. If that is an issue for you, that is something you will have to own as it is a fact of reality.

I support a Union in my aviation work place and I stand by my comparison, in fact I challenge Sarah Palin to a debate any day of the week to prove my comparison, and I promise you, when I finish with her she will never want to seek political office on the mainland United States of America again.

The public is under no illusions as to the earthquake awaiting New Delta over this Union issue...I am one of the nice ones at Northwest when it comes to passions about their Unions. FYI, MSP has historically one of the MOST passionate streaks of Unionism in America. Do a history check...these people will NEVER give up their say in their futures willingly. As I am sure RA knows, this will be a battle the likes of the American airline industry has never seen.

And we've been doing this MUCH... longer than you...

VERY WELL SAID NxNW... As soon as the sugar is stripped from the kool-aid, trust they wont want to drink it anymore... I am so glad I am on the sidelines and don't have to deal with the likes of such...

What is the incentive for those in western Canada traveling to Asia to connect in SEA as opposed to an AC connecting flight to Asia in YVR? At best, DL will maintain the loyal NW western Canadian customers who are used to connecting on NW in MSP.

What is the incentive for those in western Canada traveling to Asia to connect in SEA as opposed to an AC connecting flight to Asia in YVR? At best, DL will maintain the loyal NW western Canadian customers who are used to connecting on NW in MSP.

Schedule choice, price, destinations served, AC serves nowhere near the Asian destinations NW does. Sure they could use UAL via SF, but why go through that if you have SEA rt there. NW is the largest US carrier to Canada (even larger now with Delta...so the connectivity and non stops will on get better and larger). BC/Edmonton(oil)/Saskatoon (oil) is a very important market for us (just as easy for them to conn. in SEA as it is VC)

Status
Not open for further replies.