Passengers Arriving w/o Bags (we need more RJs)

I will never understand why people have to haul so much crap for a weekend trip...charge these nuckleheads for all this xtra crap they will never pull out of ther bag on there trip and you will see the bag issue go away...if it's that important to take with you and it will not fit in the cabin fed-x it...start a 30.00 fee for a checked bag and you will see how people can go 3 days with a small carry on tote...leave the crap at home...

AMEN! It always amazes me how people have to travel with the "kitchen sink"! However, I hesitate with the RJ's on longhaul flts too. Mesa Air is infamous for MX often! It gets annoying as all get out...especially high peak times.

I agree...start charging pax who try to get those "double bag rollers" as carryon. I don't mean the kind pilots/fa's have..i'm talking the larger ones that absolutely shouldn't be allowed thru security. Thats where they should be turned back to ckin and made to chk the bags!

Heck..only time I ever ck a bag is when i fly to HNL for a weeks vacation. Other than that, small carryon meets my needs. Besides, nonrevers have sorta learned that game too.

I will never understand why people have to haul so much crap for a weekend trip...charge these nuckleheads for all this xtra crap they will never pull out of ther bag on there trip and you will see the bag issue go away...if it's that important to take with you and it will not fit in the cabin fed-x it...start a 30.00 fee for a checked bag and you will see how people can go 3 days with a small carry on tote...leave the crap at home...
Now thats how you get or keep a customer :eek:

One of the big problems with the xmas breakdown of 04 was the inability to expedite miss connect bags on the next flights to there destinations. It started to snow ball around the system beginning from bumming the bags do to weight and balance RJ’s to delivering the bags to the passengers at there final destination. US had to resort to non-conventional methods like trucking, ferry flights to get the bags to their destination

And lost baggage is an unfortunate fact of life but I will dare say the reason for bags missing flight in exception to weight restriction in Phl is due to mainline not connecting bags to the express side or available to collect bags at the express side.

:censored:
I agree....and no, I am no express, nor have I ever been...but I have seen this first hand OVER AND OVER again.
A good way not to have a weight and balance problem is to not get your transfer bags. Presto no transfer bags call them miss connect bags your weight and balance problem is fix. Mask the problem with miss connect.

The bag runners and bag room agents in "F" are now mainline employees. Hopefully we'll have the gates soon too!

Hey Crush dream on mainline could never handle an express operation with your union rules ..
And mainline handling the bag room and bagroom has not improve things one bit....

According to IATA, it costs an airline an average of $108.00 PER LOST BAG to deliver it. This cost includes the time it takes to fill out the bag claim, throw it in the system & Worldtracer, locate it from the other airline or city (DXB most of the time!), and then have it delivered.

I've heard a story of an agent in PHL that checked in a nonrev for SDQ during the NO BAGS FOR NONREV Embargo time. Even notated PNR. Pax didn't make it for a few days, and when they did, filed a bag claim. SDQ delivered the bags, at a cost of $210 each, FOR A BUDDY PASS PASSENGER.

HP/US can clearly cut costs by inhibiting delivery of ANY NRSA bag and Vol Sep bag.... possibly thousands a day! (then again, agents actually enforced the bag embargo, that too would work).

In PIT, the major reason for avoidable missed baggage on outbound flights is the failure to deliver them in a timely manner. Fortunately, that is the exception and not the rule at PIT. If the company broke the PAWOB numbers down by station, I think people might get a better view of where the problem really lies.

If you want another view of the PAWOB problem, pull up a bag claim list in RES for any city, check the records and see where the flight was coming from. That might help to give a clearer picture of where the problem with baggage really is in the system.

(Hint: It's not PIT, CLT, DCA, LGA, PHX, LAS or FLL)

:down:

Express Baggage(the figures that they will publish)
Date PAWOBS Exp Pass Late/lost bags
20Dec 11.3 48000 528
21Dec No data
22Dec 15.9 66000 1056
23Dec No data
24Dec No data
25Dec No data
26Dec No data
27Dec 20.0 73000 1460
28Dec 8.3 62000 496
29Dec 13.6 48000 672
30Dec 16.0 49000 784

Totals 346,000 4,996

Cost of delivering late bags: 5days
Assumption Cost
$5.00/bag $24,980
$10.00/bag $49,990
$15.00/bag $74,940
$20.00/bag $99,920

Assume that in 5 days we spent $75,000 and in a month we
spend $450,000x12=5.4 million/year
We continue to focus on parking 737's and flying more RJ's
that cannot haul bags and passengers. The express operators continue to get their 8% return and show a profit. Mr. Gerrod Glass continues to want further consessions (UAir pilot contract impossed on AWA pilots).
Same garbage different CEO. comments?????????????????

In PIT, the major reason for avoidable missed baggage on outbound flights is the failure to deliver them in a timely manner. Fortunately, that is the exception and not the rule at PIT. If the company broke the PAWOB numbers down by station, I think people might get a better view of where the problem really lies.

If you want another view of the PAWOB problem, pull up a bag claim list in RES for any city, check the records and see where the flight was coming from. That might help to give a clearer picture of where the problem with baggage really is in the system.

(Hint: It's not PIT, CLT, DCA, LGA, PHX, LAS or FLL)
Is ALTOONA AND DUBOIS STILL MESSING WITH THE SYSTEM? :lol:

If it says US Airways on the side of the plane and my ticket stock say US Airways, then it's US Airways that dropped the ball. As a customer I'm not interested in the alphabet soup, League of Nations of contract carriers US uses. It's not a Bob problem.

Bob,

We had this exact same issue at pre-merger HP and there were/are great strides in place to fix it. Look for it at an East Terminal near you...

Bob,

We had this exact same issue at pre-merger HP and there were/are great strides in place to fix it. Look for it at an East Terminal near you...
Care to elaborate all I see is main line shrinking and out sources RJâ€￾ increasing

Back