Passengers stranded when no one can unload Pittsburgh International plane

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
JoAnn Jenny, a Pittsburgh International spokeswoman, said the airport learned at 3:07 a.m. that the plane had landed and was waiting at gate D82 without any ground crew to handle it. The airport apparently was notified by a cleaner that the jet was there.

The airport, she said, contacted the Delta station manager and got permission to use its own employees to connect the jetway and remove the passengers.

Asked if Delta employees left for the night after learning that the flight had been canceled, airline spokesman Morgan Durrant said it’s “too soon to say definitively but that’s one possibility at play.”

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/local/region/2014/08/23/Passengers-stranded-when-no-one-can-unload-Pittsburgh-International-plane/stories/201408230065#ixzz3BBjk9uUs

Reactions: 1 person
robbedagain said:
somebody reallllly screwed up big time there!   but I cant understand why it would show cancelled after it took off
Someone in operations hit the wrong button. I don't know if Delta is the ones that handle the DCI operations or if 9E has its own operations dept.  

topDawg said:
Someone in operations hit the wrong button. I don't know if Delta is the ones that handle the DCI operations or if 9E has its own operations dept.
9E has it's own SOC... Lots of long time XJ people hit the exits after their merger, so lots of new(er) people in there these days. FWIW, the DCI carriers have (or will soon) people in our OCC to better coordinate these types of events...

Kev3188 said:
9E has it's own SOC... Lots of long time XJ people hit the exits after their merger, so lots of new(er) people in there these days. FWIW, the DCI carriers have (or will soon) people in our OCC to better coordinate these types of events...
Why is 9E even doing any of it? they are owned by Delta, why not have Delta OCC handle 9E? 

seems like the reduced overhead would be better.....