PAX attempts to bring Gun on A/C

I would hate to think that it got past the checkpoint...
If someone was asleep at the controls, and should be shown the door... :eek:

Consider:

What if the thousands standing around need a metaphorical win to distract the complaints? Sorry, ma'am. Your baby cannot have that in the secure area.

Since I am not a conspiracy buff, I don't beleive that this would be staged. Would it?

Who here has been asked to 'test' the screeners before? I have, and since I was in uniform, I politely declined.

<SNIP> Who here has been asked to 'test' the screeners before? I have, and since I was in uniform, I politely declined.
I was asked around fifteen years ago. I declined.

Then a couple of years ago I saw a screener sneak something wrapped in cardboard and tape on top of my bag right before it went through the machine. I let the guy sitting behind the screen know what had just been done.

Who here has been asked to 'test' the screeners before? I have, and since I was in uniform, I politely declined.
Funny this happened to me in SEA (pre 911) they asked if I would mind if they put a fake gun in my laptop bag to test the screener. I said OK as long as it doesn't detain me or make me miss my flight. The guy watching the monitor (an older gentleman with a turban) obviously saw it on the xray and got all jittery and seemed upset and called Management over. I grabbed my bag sans gun and took off.

I wouldn't mind seeing SWAT teams stationed on elevated platforms at each security screening location.