FAs be vigiliant

<SNIP> There were 2 pretty strange guys on, one seated in row 15, another at 23. They didn't appear to know one another, and had no interaction. There was a family that spoke arabic seated in 24, which proved to be pretty valuable, although we were pretty suspicious of some of the members of that family originally due to some stange "looks" that we were getting from some members of the family.
I’m glad to see some Profiling going on.

Now if only the TSA would do the same…

Let's assume the information you posted is 1000% factual. If the above is true then you need to assess exactly what constitutes an effective terrorist attack.

If the goal is to economically cripple aviation or the Western World economy then all that would need to happen is for 10 bombs to explode on the 10 Aircraft, whether they brought down the planes or not.

If you read what was written, it's unlikely that one bomb would have exploded, much less 10. And that's the entire point.

One must consider that the mere uncovering of the plot has created some fallout with bookings already.

Well, no--it's the fearmongering "security measures" and their corresponding operational impact that are creating booking fallout.

Vigelence is required. From all

You better hope and prey that a disgrunted office equipment salesman never decides to hatch an ill-conceived plot to smuggle a bomb in his underwear. Were that to happen, I think you would quickly rethink your tune about vigilence (or, at a minimum, be very specific about it's definition).

This isn't vigilance; this is paranoid fantasies come to life. The FAs really should go back to reading their People and US Weekly instead of daydreaming that every pax using the lav is a terrorist.
I for one thank the crew and crews for not being complacent...FWAAA maybe you do not understand "complacent"...kudos to you as I would have been just as suspicious...and since I know CLE too well...thankfull that we have crews coming in that are on the watch!

Isn't that the job of the security screeners at the checkpoint, to make sure they don't get on with anything dangerous?

LOL>>>But we are dealing with TSA screeners here! I've witnessed them make a pilot take his hat off going through the metal detector(he didn't even set it off)while right next to him a guy with a turban on his head sets it off and they don't even look under it or run the wand over it!(Wouldn't want any profiling here, would we!!??) Go figure!! If you depend on the TSA to keep you 100% safe...you get whatever you get!! I'd rather everyone involved, including passengers, help keep every flight safe.

Hey Clue ?
Then what's the answer ?? Forget all about 911 ??

Do things that make sense. Stay ahead of the bad guys.

The liquid/lotion ban, besides driving more people back to cars and trains, inconviencing those who continue to fly, and depressing bookings does absolutely nothing for security.

now why would anyone need to take a camera let alone a bag into the lav, unless they are in the early stages of planning something? i think that this flt crw and the LEO all did an excellent job

Anyone have a link to a related news story?

I would figure there would be one if something fishy was going on. Otherwise, it has the quality of someone creating an urban myth based on current conditions.

Kudos to the crew that encountered this posted on an AFA website.
We were doing a CLE turn, and were full going out from PHX. There were several "suspicious" passengers onboard the aircraft, and we all communicated that between ourselves and the flight deck. Luckily, we had an FFDO and a LEO (FBI) onboard as well.

sky high states: My usual opinion. Should the public be made aware of terms like FFDO and LEO?

If it's paranoia, it's well earned paranoia.

Your rights, as a passenger, end when it comes to the security of the aircraft. I don't really care what YOU have in the bag you want to take into the lav. It's what the one guy with bad intentions has that the flight crew needs to be vigilant for. That might cause you some inconvenience. That doesn't bother me a bit.

Your rights, as a passenger, end when it comes to the security of the aircraft. I don't really care what YOU have in the bag you want to take into the lav. It's what the one guy with bad intentions has that the flight crew needs to be vigilant for. That might cause you some inconvenience. That doesn't bother me a bit.

*sigh* Of course you don't. It's because of this type of brain and tone deaf paranoia that it took the better part of 5 years (and half the industry laid off) after 9/11 for air travel to recover. It's why you will see a fall off in bookings and revenue now.

Does the impact of such paranoia (namely years of losses and layoffs) bother you?

Ever question a woman about her purse? I see purses going into the lavs on every flight. They prohibited?

The guy's answer to "what's in the bag" should have been "None of your business. Now get me another beer."

Potential terrorist? Someone (actually a lot of people) needs to get over their inflated sense of self-importance.