Pay Comparisons

hack73

Advanced
Jan 17, 2003
www.usaviation.com
How come Dave wants to compare our pay to JetBlue?How about comparing are payscales to Southwest?I know that their Ramp Agents make at least $4 an hour more than us,plus they have a pension,and a better Health plan?By the way,what ever happened to parity plus one?

oh you can forget about the parity plus 1% because those people who cant run this airline threw it out by downsizing mid to small size airports into what is called a mainline express (or as i call it expressed mainline and treat the jet with express way) pay cuts down to 13.01an hr and rising medical cost all the while they get richer and richer at the employees' expenses

How about comparing the CEO's pay at Jetblue??????
How many VP's do they have collecting a big fat salary for running their Airline into the ground???

How about from beginning to end pay , rules vaction training, productivity etc. Have never seen that done.

USfliboi,

If we did that, the co. CASMs would rise. We are spoke and hub. Management would have to get rid off all the hubs, which would take millions.

Your theory would only work if the entire model changed. It won't. Hub model stays. Managment said so.

Oh I agree! Management did say so HOWEVER! This was response to those who continue to say SWA makes more per hour.

In actuality and the bottom line is, NO MATTER WHAT THEIR MODEL,

EMPLOYEES OF SOUTHWEST MAKE MORE MONEY THAN THE RANK AND FILE OF U ACROSS THE BOARD.

Bob--

You ought to be well acquainted with the theory that happy (and appreciated) employees are productive ones. I can't count how many times WN has had a BBQ, or a station party in the last few months. By the way, Pit's right about them out earning U. They also out earn us over here at NW.

PineyBob Posted on Mar 7 2004, 03:50 AM
20 years of screwed up management and this wacky global situation has to be undone between now and July or the whole thing is down the drain.

SWA employees also help to deliver an actual profit.

So which one is it? Whose fault? You LOVE the f/a's at U, so I KNOW it's management! Please don't sit there and try to make these employees feel like they haven't been doing their fair share....cuz they have.

You should have written: U employees also help to deliver an actual profit BUT their management team stuck it up their wazoo!

When comparing labor expense you must look at pay, benefits, work rules, and retirement.

The major difference between US Airways and the LCC's competitors is the employee to aircraft ratio.

According to a recent story in the Washington Post "Another key number listed was 84.6 -- the number of employees per aircraft at Southwest Airlines, seen as an industry yardstick of employee productivity. The Post compared that number with United's current 116 employees per plane, achieved during its bankruptcy organization. It had been 173 in 2002." For US Airways, the current ratio is 102 employees per mainline aircraft.

This is the reason US Airways senior management has said the company must change its work rules. In concept, by expanding block hours and flying utilizing the same number of employees and aircraft to average down unit costs makes sense and would help cure this problem.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Latest posts