The Concession Stand Is Closed For Cwa.

Ok I've been somewhat out of the LOOP so to speak for over a year, but wasn't the CWA contract supposed to remain in effect til somewhere around 2008? I know there was 1 round of concessions during the contract, for which I voted NO (the YES votes didn't save my job, did it?..LOL)..so are they basically asking for another mid term round of concessions(per Rumor Central)? Why are they allowed to come in and break the contract, TWICE??? I can't imagine what they will hold over the CWA's heads if they don't agree. If this is all true, despite the stern NO MORE! cries(as per last go around), I would wager at the last minute the weak will concede and whatever UM demands, they will get.

The company needs to figure a way to make money with sales, marketing & improved service...

Southwest Airlines top Gate and Reservation agents make more money than USAIRWAYS agents and they make a profit....

Could it be they don't have about 40 vice-presidents in the company and that they pay their CEO about $600,000 and not $ 4 million?....

Seems like the company should be looking to offer agents with 20+ years service a payout option, to enable hiring at the starting wage level, to save money over the long term....If the plan is truly for the long term and not a pre-sell off plan....

Amen Res Agent....It's time to let those people who have been displaced over the last few years (thru many res center closings) and are commuting waiting to retired in res or at atos take an early out and leave now. New hires with new attitudes would be a real "shot in the arm" for our customer service at this time.