Peter J. Dolara, AA's Sen. VP - MIA, Carib, and L America is no math whiz

FWAAA

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
AA is announcing an additional frequency from MIA to Tallahassee today in the following press release:

American Airlines Announces Additional Flight to Florida's Capital

Monday November 17, 11:50 am ET

Additional Nonstop Service on American Eagle From Miami to Tallahassee, Fla., begins March 2

MIAMI, Nov. 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- American Airlines announced today that its regional affiliate, American Eagle, will add a third flight between Miami International Airport (MIA) and Tallahassee, Fla. (TLH), beginning March 2, 2009.

American Eagle will operate the service with 44-seat Embraer ERJ-140 jets.

"We have had a positive customer response in the past year to our twice-daily nonstop service to Tallahassee," said Peter J. Dolara, American's Senior Vice President - Miami, Caribbean, and Latin America. "Increasing our service to Florida's capital by 33 percent will also increase accessibility for our customers to destinations throughout the U.S., the Caribbean, Latin America and Europe."

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/081117/lam539.html?.v=15

Huh? 33%? Say what?

D'Oh!

Make that a 50% increase, genius. Perhaps you ought to hire a fact-checker (or fire your current one).

If you currently fly two daily flights and add one, that's an increase of 50%, not 33%.

Isn't it going up to 3 Daily???? That's what I thought I read somewhere.

Correct. It's increasing from two to three daily. That's a 50% increase.

If Eagle reduced it from three to two, that would be a 33% decrease.

If Eagle increased frequency from three to four, THAT would be a 33% increase.

Math really isn't hard.

I thought Dolara no longer controlled Miami, that MIA was taken away from him and was strictly under HDQ now. Did that change again?

C'mon now - don't be too hard on the idiot.

It's a well known fact intelligence does not factor into awarding salaried positions at American, rather, only the willingness to be a team player at any cost.

If you currently fly two daily flights and add one, that's an increase of 50%, not 33%.
Maybe he's getting ready for next month when he announces they are going from three flights to two. Then they can tell everyone "Dont be upset, we increased it by 50% last month but only cut it by 33% this month".

And they want us to put our pay in their hands via variable compensation using a profit sharing formula.

I can just feel it now.

AA is announcing an additional frequency from MIA to Tallahassee today in the following press release:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/081117/lam539.html?.v=15

Huh? 33%? Say what?

D'Oh!

Make that a 50% increase, genius. Perhaps you ought to hire a fact-checker (or fire your current one).

The flights have increased by 50%, But what is the % of seats?

Correct. It's increasing from two to three daily. That's a 50% increase.

If Eagle reduced it from three to two, that would be a 33% decrease.

If Eagle increased frequency from three to four, THAT would be a 33% increase.

Math really isn't hard.
Guess I need to join Dolara in the Math Help Department.

I'm sure some of you really believe that a Senior VP writes their own press releases...

The way this really works is some level 1 or 2 analyst just out of college copies and pastes something from an old release, sends it out to the PR agency, and the exec (Dolara in this case) gets an advance copy of what he supposedly said.

Wing, MIA no longer technically reports directly to Dolara, but he's still SVP over LatAm and gets to be the public face for AA with the politicians; Hazy will always have a dotted line relationship to Coral Gables as long as PJD is alive... PJD "reporting" to TDV probably works out to be equally in both directions...

I'm sure some of you really believe that a Senior VP writes their own press releases...

The way this really works is some level 1 or 2 analyst just out of college copies and pastes something from an old release, sends it out to the PR agency, and the exec (Dolara in this case) gets an advance copy of what he supposedly said.

I know that, but the guy really ought to read the quote he's alleged to have uttered. :D

1Conehead said:
The flights have increased by 50%, But what is the % of seats?

I thought about that, but the two existing flights are also 44 seaters, so that's not it. Had the other two been 66 seat ATRs, then 44 more seats would have been about a 33% increase.

kirkpatrick said:
There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count, and those who can't.

:D