PFAA agrees to Affiliation with TWU

justanadd

Advanced
Jan 20, 2003
:down: PFAA/TWU AFFILIATION AGREEMENT

This Agreement (hereafter the "Agreement") whereby the Professional Flight Attendants Association (hereafter, "PFAA") becomes an affiliate of Transport Workers Union of America, AFL-CIO (hereafter, "TWU") and entered into this 5th day of May, 2006:

WHEREAS, the representatives of the parties have met and have concluded that the interest of both would be best served by the affiliation of PFAA into TWU and establishment of its members as a Local Union of TWU and have agreed on the following terms of affiliation.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT AGREED:

1. PFAA shall become an affiliate of TWU as soon as this Agreement receives the approvals required by the Constitutions of both TWU and PFAA for the implementation of such an agreement (see par. 8 below). At such time, the International Secretary-Treasurer of TWU shall issue to PFAA a charter as Local 787 of TWU. Thereafter, all members in good standing of PFAA shall be deemed members of TWU.

2. The affairs of PFAA/Local 787, following the issuance to it of a charter as a TWU local, shall be governed in accord both with the Constitution of PFAA and the Constitution of TWU. Should the documents appear to contradict one another on a given matter, the parties shall endeavor to interpret the documents so as to harmonize with one another.

3. During the first two years of affiliation with TWU, PFAA and TWU shall each appoint a committee to meet to determine whether there are matters which TWU and PFAA Constitutions cannot be harmonized, and if so to make recommendations as to how to deal with these matters, provided that any matters dealt with in this Agreement (see e.g. par. 4 below) shall govern.

4. Notwithstanding anything that may be to the contrary in Article XVII of the TWU Constitution, PFAA/Local 787, during the first four years of its affiliation with TWU, shall make per capita payments to TWU as follows:
First year: 5% of dues collected from members;
Second year: 10% of dues collected from members;
Third year: 15% of dues collective from members;
Fourth year: 20% of dues collected from members.
Thereafter, per capita payments to TWU shall be 30% of dues collected from members and shall be governed by Article XVII of the TWU Constitution.

TWU will provide at its expense experienced and competent Legal service and make available the facilities of its Media, Research, Education, Political-Legislative and Public Relations without charge to the Local.

5. It is the intent of the parties that PFAA/Local 787 be and remain the certified collective bargaining representative of the craft or class of flight attendants at Northwest Airlines. Notwithstanding anything that may be to the contrary in Article XXIV, Section 4.(B) of the TWU Constitution, PFAA/Local 787 shall maintain exclusive rights to sign any collective bargaining agreement between PFAA/Local 787 and Northwest Airlines.

6. PFAA shall retain the right to disaffiliate from TWU, provided that if PFAA chooses to exercise this right, it will send written notice to TWU of its decision to disaffiliate anytime during the third year of the affiliation. Any decision to disaffiliate must be made by either the same procedure which led to the affiliation, or by some other method whereby members have an opportunity to cast a secret ballot on the issue. Should PFAA disaffiliate from TWU in accord with this provision, PFAA will retain its books, records, funds, properties and assets.

7. TWU shall not act under this Constitution to place PFAA/Local 787 in a trusteeship or administratorship, except in strict conformity with the TWU Constitution, and except in strict conformity with the purposes for which the LMRDA permits a parent union to place a subordinate affiliate into trusteeship "... for the purpose of correcting corruption or financial malpractice, assuring the performance of collective bargaining agreement or other duties of a bargaining representative, restoring democratic procedures, or otherwise carrying out the legitimate objects of the national organization...." (42 USC Sec. 462). Further, should TWU decide to impose a trusteeship on PFAA/Local 787 in the first two years and three months of the affiliation, PFAA/Local 787 may choose at that time to disaffiliate from TWU rather than have trusteeship imposed upon it. Finally, TWU shall not impose a trusteeship upon PFAA/Local 787, nor shall it impose discipline on any individual for positions that PFAA/Local 787 or any of its members may take regarding whether or not to exercise the disaffiliation option provided by par. 6 above.

8. TWU and PFAA both agree that, once this agreement is signed, they will expedite all procedures required by their respective Constitutions to implement this Agreement. Each party shall notify the other promptly when it has obtained (or failed to obtain) the needed approval. Once each party has informed the other that approval has been obtained, then the Agreement shall be implemented in full, and PFAA/Local 787 shall received a charter as a TWU Local in accord with par. 1 above.

9. Notwithstanding anything that may be to the contrary in Article XIV, Section 3. of the TWU Constitution, in the event of dissolution of PFAA/Local 787, the International Administrative Committee shall act as agent for the membership and dispose of all the physical assets of PFAA/Local 787 by suitable means. All of the liquid assets shall then be prorated to the active members on record of PFAA/Local 787 at the time of such dissolution in proportion to the monies then being paid by such members, less any indebtedness, or legal proceeding arising out of the dissolution. The dues paid during the last completed fiscal year by each active member relative to all dues income shall determine such prorated share. Any disputes concerning a member's prorated share shall be submitted to the PFAA/Local 787's retained Certified Public Accountant for a final and binding disposition.

10. PFAA/Local 787 shall attempt to ensure its Constitution and By-Laws conform to the TWU Constitution. In the event that PFAA/Local 787 desires to amend its Constitution or Bylaws, the International Administrative Committee shall not reasonably refuse such amendments.

11. TWU agrees that PFAA/Local 787's structure shall be as delineated in the PFAA/Local 787 Constitution, as may be amended.

12. Notwithstanding anything that may be to the contrary in Article XVII, Section 1.(a) of the TWU Constitution, PFAA/Local 787's dues shall be as delineated in the PFAA/Local 787 Constitution.

For TWU
James C. Little, TWUA International President
John J. Kerrigan, TWUA International Secretary Treasurer
Gary W. Yingst, TWUA Vice President Director Air Transport Division

For PFAA
Guy D. Meek, PFAA President
Doug Moe, PFAA Vice President
Andy Damis, PFAA Secretary Treasurer
Hal Peterson, PFAA Member-at-Large
Karen Schultz, PFAA Member-at-Large

Remember? "We're gonna make it happen!"

Yeah, they all can kiss my freckled Irish A$$.

And also............................

Now - how many suits does Guy Meek own? I heard a rumor he has like 300 or so...

... :lol: Oh yea, that fiery red haired :wub: (my favorite) temper coming thru. don't hold back jenny, tell'em what you really think.. :up:

BTW (Ta mhaith gra go pog do brychan gaeilge thoin, mo mhuirnin ban!)

translation: (I would love to kiss your freckled Irish arse, My fair darling!) :blush:

Strange....I had you pegged as a brunette....

Anyway, did I miss something? Did you guys get to vote on this? I thought the only representational election that had actually gotten off the ground (no pun intended) was the AFA campaign/drive.

Strange....I had you pegged as a brunette....

Anyway, did I miss something? Did you guys get to vote on this? I thought the only representational election that had actually gotten off the ground (no pun intended) was the AFA campaign/drive.
I have auburn hair .

and Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...... we didn't vote on this.

It just "Happened". :shock:

Nice. :)
Not so nice... :down:
Nothing makes us more mad than that!

Here's a snipit of a discussion on what PFAA has done for us from another board:
-----------------------------------------
PFAA gave up more than NWA was asking for... here's a few for starters:
Hourly Pay Rates - NWA proposed a sliding scale of paycuts with the smallest paycuts for the most junior up to 21% for the top of the pay scale. PFAA gave everyone a 21% cut. PFAA DOUBLED and TRIPPLED hourly paycuts for some of us!

Short Crew - NWA proposed $10 an hour. PFAA eliminated it.

Purser Pay - NWA proposed $5.45 an hour. PFAA took it down to $5.00.

Lead Pay - NWA propsed $1.90/hr. PFAA knocked it down to $1.65.

Intl. Pay - NWA proposed $2.05 an hour. PFAA eliminated it.

Holiday Pay - NWA was still willing to give us $25 for Xmas. PFAA got rid of all holiday pay.

Ground Pay - NWA proposed $10 an hour. PFAA eliminated it.

Language Qual. Pay - NWA proposed 75 cents an hour. PFAA eliminated it.

Per Diem - NWA proposed $1.85 an hour. PFAA brought it down to $1.65.

Crew Meals - NWA's last offer only eliminated the penalty pay if your crew meal was missing.. PFAA eliminated crew meals altogether.

HNL Station Allowance - NWA proposed to reduce it to $200 for HI residants only.. PFAA eliminated it.

How retarded is that? Gee who was better? IBT or the Professional F*cking A$$holes Association? :shock: :censored:

and.... HOW did the president of PFAA get a humongous pay raise?

I think "We're going to make it happen" only pertained to Guy Meek and friends.

Oh NO! :blush: Forgot about all you straight men here! :lol:
I guesss you feel like you did the cyber equivilent of walking into the mechanics ready room (back when you had mechanics at NW)!

and.... HOW did the president of PFAA get a humongous pay raise?

Look at what TWU International pay rates are and you will see why Meeks is so desperate to get into the TWU.

I would have whistled at Jenny then and I whistle at her now.
Oh...... you wouldn't wanna know what I use to do when I was a gate agent...........
:rolleyes:

anyhow, Just in:
(posted from another site)

The Board finds a dispute to exist in the NMB Case No. R-7086, among flight attendants of Northwest Airlines, Inc. sought to be represented by AFA-CWA and presently represented by PFAA. A TEV election is hereby authorized using cut-off date of March 31, 2006.
Pursuant to Section 12.1 of the NMB Representation Manual, the carrier is hereby required to furnish, within 5 calendar days, 1â€￾ x 2 5/8â€￾, peel-off labels bearing the alphabetized names and current addresses of those employees on the list of potential eligible voters. The carrier must print the same sequence number from the list of potential eligible voters beside each voter’s name on the address label. The carrier must use the most expeditious method possible, such as overnight mail, to ensure that the Board receives the labels within 5 calendar days. Tally in Washington, DC the election dates will be set after the Board rules on PFAA’s motion to stay. Joint Bonaca, Davis, Showers, Wilken, Gallagher, Diamantopoulus, Seham, Meek, Gilmartin, and Larson.
Mary L. Johnson, General Counsel, National Mediation Board
FAX 2026925085 (CAB/OMA/12:00 PM/MAY 9, 2006) R-7086