Philadelphia Selected As Second Midatlantic Crew B

DCAflyer

Veteran
Aug 27, 2002
As US Airways continues to rapidly expand MidAtlantic Airways’ operations, Philadelphia has been selected as the company’s second crew domicile, effective as of September. MidAtlantic also is considering the possibility of soon establishing a third crew base at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. With the pilot and flight attendant base openings being announced today, MidAtlantic crewmembers will be able to bid either for Pittsburgh or Philadelphia as their crew base. Permanent bid notice for pilots will be sent today via email, and also will be available via theHub, in the Pittsburgh crew room and at MidAtlantic’s base administration office at Pittsburgh International Airport. A flight attendant transfer notice will also be posted today. Both notices will contain available positions for bid in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia as well as bid closing dates. MidAtlantic currently has 379 employees, and operates 56 flights at 18 airports with 10 Embraer 170 aircraft. MidAtlantic plans to operate 21 Embraer 170 aircraft in conjunction with the September bid and schedule.

Edited by Justme: I've got HUB on the brain....I meant to title it Next BASE!

From the Hub:

MidAtlantic Shift

As US Airways continues to rapidly expand MidAtlantic Airways’ operations, Philadelphia has been selected as the company’s second crew domicile, effective as of September. MidAtlantic also is considering the possibility of soon establishing a third crew base at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. With the pilot and flight attendant base openings being announced today, MidAtlantic crewmembers will be able to bid either for Pittsburgh or Philadelphia as their crew base. Permanent bid notice for pilots will be sent today via email, and also will be available via theHub, in the Pittsburgh crew room and at MidAtlantic’s base administration office at Pittsburgh International Airport. A flight attendant transfer notice will also be posted today. Both notices will contain available positions for bid in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia as well as bid closing dates. MidAtlantic currently has 379 employees, and operates 56 flights at 18 airports with 10 Embraer 170 aircraft. MidAtlantic plans to operate 21 Embraer 170 aircraft in conjunction with the September bid and schedule.

Last updated: June 30, 2004

Should Mid-Atlantic serve the mid-atlantic, say with a focus of operations along the seaboard between, say DCA and points south and PHL and points north? If so, then why Pittsburgh? Pittsburgh should be the focus of an airline with a name like, say, Pennsylvania-Southern Airways or Pittsburgh-Susquehanna Airways. (PSA).

Thanks KT.....My mind is growing weak with too much CRT time....I hope I get one free pass on that one...

jm

No problem. You are not the first to duplicate info and I am sure you won't be the last. I have 8 buddy passes still, if you need one. ;) :lol:

Management announced today to the MAA neg. committee that there will be 126 f/as openings for PHL base Commencing Sept. 1. DCA will follow soon after.

F/as will be able to submit their transfers via the HUB. A letter will be sent by MAA management regarding specifics. Keep in mind that the bid process will be open for approx 10 days from the announcement.

As stated, there is 126 f/a openings for PHL. As FYI, there are 116 f/as total at PIT base. All 116 could transfer to PHL and all would be accepted. There are 50 f/as scheduled for July's class, and 50 for August class. The PIT base will be reduced to 90 f/as for the PIT base commencing in Sept.

I believe this information will be very well received by the MAA f/as and be more economical for the many who presently commute from DCA and PHL . :up:

great place to expand....

Due to WEATHER, TSTMS ENRTE, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Philadelphia International Airport, Philadelphia, PA (PHL). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 1 hour and 44 minutes. To see if you may be affected, select your departure airport and check "Delays by Destination

:up: