PHL Shuttle Gate A-1 to Terminal F

Disney8704

Aug 5, 2010
I was just wondering how the shuttle bus works and how often does it come around and how long does it take to get from gate A-1 to Terminal F. At the shuttle bus gates (example gate A-1), when you get to the gate, do you just wait inside the airport for the bus to get there like in a line or something? This my 1st time using the shuttle service for this airport so Im not exactly sure how it works. Any info anyone can provide would be awesome. Thanks.

People are there to help you. The bus comes often, not sure of time frame. You will be let out to board the bus once everybody is off the bus. It is quicker to take the bus than to walk. MUCH quicker. I haven't used it in awhile but I would guess 15 minutes or less total time to get get F including the wait time for the bus.

The Shuttle runs very frequently, and it only takes about 10 minutes. When you arrive at A-1, you must go down the escalator to ramp level to board the bus. Not sure what gate you will be coming from, but if it is any of the A-West gates you still have a long hike to get to A-1.

The Shuttle runs very frequently, and it only takes about 10 minutes. When you arrive at A-1, you must go down the escalator to ramp level to board the bus. Not sure what gate you will be coming from, but if it is any of the A-West gates you still have a long hike to get to A-1.

It is over a mile to walk from the end of A-West (A26) to the F terminal. If you're without bags to roll, and have good walking shoes, and have the time, it's a decent stroll. But you will exit security at terminal E, and have to re-enter at the F security checkpoint.

Otherwise, the A-1 --> F shuttle is well signed and runs frequently, and you never leave the sterile area so there's no security issues.

Im almost positive Im arriving in A-East gates. I been tracking the flight I will be taking for few days now and it was always coming in at A-East gates. I didnt know you could walk to the F terminal. I was told you couldnt and HAD to take a shuttle.

It is over a mile to walk from the end of A-West (A26) to the F terminal. If you're without bags to roll, and have good walking shoes, and have the time, it's a decent stroll. But you will exit security at terminal E, and have to re-enter at the F security checkpoint.

Otherwise, the A-1 --> F shuttle is well signed and runs frequently, and you never leave the sterile area so there's no security issues.

Let Debbie give you a few pointers and shoot a few rainbows. While the actual drive to the "F" terminal isn't that long leave yourself time to catch the bus. I have witnessed lines all the way from the top of the stairs down the corridor. I'm not exactly sure who is in control of the bus schedule but it needs fixed. Now A-1 may be a bit easier than C-16 but it's still in need of better frequency. US many times gives people 30-35 minute connections which in the "Philly World" isn't much to play with. Just sayin'.

If you are arriving into the A-East gates, you are in good shape. As posted above, you can walk to F but you will need to go thru security again once you arrive at F. From what I understand there is a project in the works to change this, but it will be years away.
As far as the bus service, it has improved a bit due to new buses that hold more people. There are lines at peak times, but they move them pretty quickly.

From what I understand there is a project in the works to change this, but it will be years away.
Yes, quite a big, 12-15 year project that will involve practically demolishing the airport and rebuilding it (including terminal F), as well as adding a runway. So....the standalone security F checkpoint will remain for the <long> time being.

For what it's worth...I've had several layovers in PHL recently. I think PHL terminal is quite attractive. When I arrive at almost 0100, I'm not wild about having to walk to Terminal C (from the AA gates in Terminal A) to exit security, then walk back through baggage claim to the skybridge in Terminal B to get to the airport hotel.

But, it's all worth it for the Philly Cheesesteak, Gyro, Souvlaki place in the Food Court. ;)

The shuttle bus system is operated by Piedmont Airlines, and the Piedmont station manager is ultimately in charge of it. Call her when you have a problem and hear the excuses. I have.

There hasn't been a female Station Manager for Piedmont in PHL since 2006, since then its been one male manager, who recently went to another Hub in the same capacity, and since late 2009 its been a 2nd male manager. Not sure who you talked to, but unless it was 4+ years ago, it was the wrong person.

The new buses are CoBus buses that hold 80 pax on each run. The A to F runs every 15 minutes or so, the C to F probably a little more often than that. The shuttle can be time consuming, since the PHL airport closed one of the main thru-tunnels last winter. The buses now have to go out to the end of the terminals and take the outer road. This means they are at the mercy of aircraft taxi, push, arrival and at peak times of the day it can take 20 minutes or more. The walk from A-East to A1 is short, so figure 30 minutes into your connection to get to F in the worst conditions.

There hasn't been a female Station Manager for Piedmont in PHL since 2006, since then its been one male manager, who recently went to another Hub in the same capacity, and since late 2009 its been a 2nd male manager. Not sure who you talked to, but unless it was 4+ years ago, it was the wrong person.

The new buses are CoBus buses that hold 80 pax on each run. The A to F runs every 15 minutes or so, the C to F probably a little more often than that. The shuttle can be time consuming, since the PHL airport closed one of the main thru-tunnels last winter. The buses now have to go out to the end of the terminals and take the outer road. This means they are at the mercy of aircraft taxi, push, arrival and at peak times of the day it can take 20 minutes or more. The walk from A-East to A1 is short, so figure 30 minutes into your connection to get to F in the worst conditions.
Who was Cindy?