Phoenix seeks USAirways facility

I have no doubt DP will take care of the west homeboys here and rightfully so I hate to admit. CLT should get it being they have so much space already available, PIT all I can say is the writings on the wall and thats a shame cause Pit is the best deal going as far as mtc is concerned please wake up and see this Doug. Allegheny county must have really pissed you guys off. The people in Pit will do anything you throw at them in record time, it's time to tell this county what you really want and the people in this area will back you 100%.

Only in the summer times.

If the OPS center does stay in PHX there will be many who opt to retire rather than move. Those out in the desert puzzle palace will learn the lesson that many temporary managements at the east airline learned, there is a thing in the east called winter. It comes just about the same time each year, and it's always a suprise to those from the sunny climes or those who work in management.

Winter for US Airways can mean the loss of all three hubs or at least two in any given week. They are close enough together that a single large storm can shut down the system. You need to be in close to the action to make the right decisions. We used to complain about the Crystal Ccity puzzle palace mindset,it's going to be much more difficult to manage this airline in blizzard conditions from Arizona.

The OCC is in a warehouse outside PIT. It could be in a bunker in TOL and the decisions that have to made in Winter will be made. I guess if you mean losing the people that are needed and have experience that could be a problem. I do not think the entire group is planning not to make the move if need be..not even the majority.

It needs to be PHX or CLT........why would or should DP even bother with PIT these days (a Hub That WAS). PIT never supported the airline when times were good and I for one have no allegiance to that place either. I worked out of there for 15plus years.....and unless you were from the area very FEW would defend the merits of keeping PIT.

It needs to be PHX or CLT........why would or should DP even bother with PIT these days (a Hub That WAS). PIT never supported the airline when times were good and I for one have no allegiance to that place either. I worked out of there for 15plus years.....and unless you were from the area very FEW would defend the merits of keeping PIT.

PIT is as dead for the airline as INT and GSO a has been. And since there are a limited number of sunny days there even more the reason to move SOUTH.

You know what,if you spent 15 years in Pit you would know better. What's left in Pit is a bunch of older workers and a desire to make this work. CLT is the same. Remember it was not the employees that drove usairways into the ground it was the management.

PIT never supported the airline when times were good and I for one have no allegiance to that place either.

They built (and were subsequently stiffed) a terminal built to exact specifications and costing upwards of a billion dollars.

Is that not support, or does your definition require 2 or 3 billion?

If the OPS center does stay in PHX there will be many who opt to retire rather than move. Those out in the desert puzzle palace will learn the lesson that many temporary managements at the east airline learned, there is a thing in the east called winter. It comes just about the same time each year, and it's always a suprise to those from the sunny climes or those who work in management.

Winter for US Airways can mean the loss of all three hubs or at least two in any given week. They are close enough together that a single large storm can shut down the system. You need to be in close to the action to make the right decisions. We used to complain about the Crystal Ccity puzzle palace mindset,it's going to be much more difficult to manage this airline in blizzard conditions from Arizona.
You don't need to be anywhere near one of the hubs to manager the operation. That's why we have people in those stations. Besides, it seems like it would be better to have it in a city that isn't affected all that often by weather. That would decrease the chances of employees not being able to make it to work, and decrease the chances of the building being affected (power outage, etc) by storms.

AA does just fine managing their flights to the east cost from DFW.

PIT all I can say is the writings on the wall and thats a shame cause Pit is the best deal going as far as mtc is concerned please wake up and see this Doug.

Are you talking about MOC or a maintenance facility? The strength of a MX facility really has nothing to do with how or where SOC is operated.

They built (and were subsequently stiffed) a terminal built to exact specifications and costing upwards of a billion dollars.

Is that not support, or does your definition require 2 or 3 billion?
I'd call it being extremely naive and a lack of strategic business experience to agree to absorb the entire cost themselves.
PIT has no one to blame but themselves for their $600M debt.

Latest posts