Phoenix seeks USAirways facility

I'd call it being extremely naive and a lack of strategic business experience to agree to absorb the entire cost themselves.
PIT has no one to blame but themselves for their $600M debt.
The same thing happened to Indianapolis when United Airlines filed for bankrupcy..[Indy built them a Premier Maint. Facility].
The problem is that the Bankrupcy Rules for Big Corporations are Crooked as a Dogs Hind Leg...These Corporations should not be allowed to walk away from their Commitments !, Be it City Governments, [in this case], creditors OR employees...

I'd call it being extremely naive and a lack of strategic business experience to agree to absorb the entire cost themselves.

What world do you live in?

Most business don't (or did not used to) plan their moves around the possibility of devine intervention from a bankruptcy judge.

As a result of this, it's highly unlikely that any other airport (including your favorite at PHL) is going to extend US credit or financial assistance of any magnitude for some time to come.

Actually, USAirways had a $500M note to help build the airport, in the form of a bond I believe, they were trying to dump on PIT for quite a while. Not sure what form the note took, or even if it is still around.