PHX Fleet Service strikes again!

wingnutmax

Jan 29, 2008
PHX
Unity is alive and kicking in PHX. Today, the PHX ramp made an appearance en masse in the concourses, starting at A8 and marching to the Burger King at A21 in the next concourse, all while chanting "What do we want? A Contract! When do we want it? NOW!"

Those that were not among the group tell me the rampers could be heard a mile away. From my standpoint, every passenger that seemed to have an opinion on our little demonstration gave us the thumbs up.

As expected, management was upstairs waiting for us, but they made no efforts to interfere. I do have it on good authority, however, that at least one and possibly more of our members were tongue-lashed by management before the end of the day.

-------- - - - - - - I know someone has a video... post please?!!??

Unity is alive and kicking in PHX. Today, the PHX ramp made an appearance en masse in the concourses, starting at A8 and marching to the Burger King at A21 in the next concourse, all while chanting "What do we want? A Contract! When do we want it? NOW!"

Those that were not among the group tell me the rampers could be heard a mile away. From my standpoint, every passenger that seemed to have an opinion on our little demonstration gave us the thumbs up.

As expected, management was upstairs waiting for us, but they made no efforts to interfere. I do have it on good authority, however, that at least one and possibly more of our members were tongue lashed by management before the end of the day. I know someone has a video... post please?!!??

Way to go PHX............Yeah....video not needed....just reading this gives me the goose bumps. :up:

Solidarity //
sonofsamsonite

As expected, management was upstairs waiting for us, but they made no efforts to interfere. I do have it on good authority, however, that at least one and possibly more of our members were tongue-lashed by management before the end of the day.

-------- - - - - - - I know someone has a video... post please?!!??
Good for them ! On another note, did they find the Whopper ??? :up: :lol: :up:

It was good! I saw managment with a puzzled look talking to eachother and making calls in the terminal.

There was alot of attention in the concorse today, we should let the media know, they would love to hear this, we should picket outside monday as everyone is leaving!! anyone else have any more ideas.

oh what is up with the warnings on the wall about doctor's note 3-5 if you know what i mean

GREAT JOB PHX!!!

Keep up the pressure and the good work. This is what the higher ups need to see... and it needs to be frequent, and because the public is now exposed first hand to it, it will make a greater impression.

IN SOLIDARITY...

bagchucker

Great and Wonderful Effort from real America Workers!

Middle management will probably be in a Pickle over this!

What is needed is a true-blooded American Traveler to bring this to the MEDIA.

U-Tube is weak! Dawn Gilbertson is Neutral! Any one know a movie star that might help?

THIS IS THE SUPER BOWL OF UNION SOLIDARITY! Keep it UP and we win the PENDANT!

Now thats SOLIDARITY!! Way to go PHX Keep It Up

And, that gets you what? The best way to fix the situation is to get your lazy union reps off their butts and to the table to negotiate and talk about the situation. The company and the union have to work together to reach an agreement. It's not all dependent on the company to make an offer.

Oh, and on a side note, anyone with any pull in the IAM needs to add the following to the new contract proposal (borrowed from the CWA)

Management can assist with the ramp function up to 1 hour per shift

Spin

Spin,

Why do you hate unions so much?

First of all the company schedules the dates, not the union.

Why dont you tell the LAZY company reps to get off their butts, oh wait, you wont, you are a company man.

The unions have been trying for two years to reach deals. I guess you dont realize, AFA, IAM (both groups) and ALPA have not been able to reach deals with the company as the company is only interested in concessions.

And nope, management does not need to be performing IAM covered work!

I for one as im sure many others, would not want to work side by side with mgmt. they wouldnt want to work in bitterly bone chilling or scorching heat or stormy and windy weather. Secondly, I support the folks that did what they did in PHX to me that shows solidarity because they stood up in front of mgmt and demanding a contract and a fair contract at that just because it may or may not get what anyone wants right now, it does go to show that there is solidarity of union folks int he face of a faceless not wanting to work on a contract mgmt yet this outfit is making money over hand and the workers deserve more for what we got to deal with