Piedmont workers nearing open rebellion ....

DP & SK share significant blame in that they failed to eradicate the cancer in 2005 by being more aware of and proactive in fostering the kind of culture change that IMO will be required in order for US to continue to grow and prosper in its current configuration.

There actually was a glimmer of hope for a while. Remember the Corporate Culture Survey? "Wow, the brass, actually wants to know what I think". And they did listen. Stations that ranked low in morale saw management meeting with agents, in groups and one on one and asking "what can we do to make things better".

But did anything change?
Has the he survey been done again?

Bill Howard, CEO of Piedmont (the real one), was reported to have said that he would look at the graffiti in the employee washrooms to get the pulse of the company. Much cheaper than a survey and likely just as accurate.

But do Parker and Kirby care? A pessimist would say "no, not as long as we can fill planes be selling cheaper tickets."

I think much of it to be psychological. When one worked for Mesa, then it was understood the employer to be unrelated to US, but when the employer is a wholly subsidiary, then the parent company has created two different pay grades for the same type of work. Even though people understand the pay scale upon accepting the position, it will not change the perception of the arrangement as being unfair, and thus, a morale issue may ensue.

So Views Jester.

How does this work in CLT & PHL then ?

How does this work in CLT & PHL then ?

I am not in CLT or PHL, but I know when I was working the East planes, handling the same bags, doing the same job, while working for the same company, but under two very different wage scales, my morale sucked, and I did not hide it from managers or supervisors.

So Reminds Jester.

:rolleyes: Mainline CWA wants all the money , they will sell every express city (Piedmont
Agents ) down to a morsel wage.
The company would love to have every small and medium station and hub express operation system wide at the Piedmont express agents pay and work rules whipsawing the two groups with the threat of losing jobs just to kept from outsourcing to outside venders.Sounds like you are an example

Reactions: 2 people
Is the "open rebellion" only in PHX? I travel on Piedmont all the time, and I haven't seen any employees that are any more pissed off (the general everyday attitude) than everybody else working for Tempe and it's subsidiaries.
You haven't been looking hard enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewq9NncD_QM

:D CWA came to express cities and promised mainline wages, so far they delivered
nothing, not even updates on neg.

:D CWA came to express cities and promised mainline wages, so far they delivered
nothing, not even updates on neg.
Express will probably get increases by lowering mainline agents pay and work rules and raising express pay and work rules and meeting the two in the middle. It all been done before with the other employee groups. It is call whipsawing

Reactions: 1 person