Pilot Negotiations - The Truth

PITbull said:
PitBull, you have a very foul mouth, do you know that? A mouth like that could be useful when you land into unemployment - and I don't feel the need to elaborate on what I mean by that. :lol: :lol:
[post="172152"][/post]​

El,

Stop hitting the panic button....you're fear is showing...that's not like you. :lol: :p
Don't worry, we all know you are just a "victim of circumstance". As for me, don't think I will need unemployment...U will not liquidate. And plus, I think managment really, really needs me around here.. :p

Hell, they are expanding B-I-G in Ft. Lauderdale and they will need millions and millions and millions of dollars.

You need to flush out your piggybank! :lol:
[post="172153"][/post]​
[/quote]

sarcasm alert!! sarcasm alert!! sarcasm alert!! sarcasm alert!!

cavalier said:
El,

Stop hitting the panic button....you're fear is showing...that's not like you. :lol: :p
Don't worry, we all know you are just a "victim of circumstance". As for me, don't think I will need unemployment...U will not liquidate. And plus, I think managment really, really needs me around here.. :p

Hell, they are expanding B-I-G in Ft. Lauderdale and they will need millions and millions and millions of dollars.

You need to flush out your piggybank! :lol:
[post="172153"][/post]​
sarcasm alert!! sarcasm alert!! sarcasm alert!! sarcasm alert!!
[post="172164"][/post]​
[/quote]

Glad I was never like that, and glad U is now my past.....Happy Alert Happy Alert Happy Alert

Everyone needs to take a deep breath. The sky is NOT falling and just as soon as the company gets real with their valuation of ALPA's offer, negotiations will move forward. As I read the last ALPA offer to the company, the first thing I noticed was a 16%+ paycut off the top. Now folks...that ain't hay. That was real dollars offered by the U pilots up front, PLUS all of the other productivity changes. Problem is, the company will not give ALPA credit for the hits to the contract. Requests for data have been ignored for weeks.

The ball is in managements court now. Get real or go home.

A320 Driver B)

mwereplanes,

>>>with working conditions equal to or below that of LUV and the rest. <<<<

USAirways pilots should only hope to be getting what the LUV pilots get. The LUV pilots are presently getting the 2nd highest 737 pay in the industry next to DL. In September SWA 12 yr Captain pay will be about $178/hour while usually working only 3 days a week ....and that doesn't even include some pretty good stock options they have. Very good stock profit sharing and 401K match, decent vacation and insurance and relative other airlines -- job security and low stress.

So you are a union employee are you:

a) thinking the judge will impose a more favorable contract

or

b] thinking the company is bluffing about CH11?

El Gato said:
wwtraveler99, I understand what you say, but it is crazy and irrational for a pilot to scream out that he won't accept a 15% paycut, but will gladly accept a 100% one. And if you compare new hire salaries at other carriers to US, even then it is a 50% paycut. Where is the logic in that?

You don't have the facts. 15% does not even begin to cover the givebacks already offered by ALPA. How about over 16% salary, followed by cuts in sick and vacation, followed by a 10% cut in the DB (which takes it down in all by over 25%) ...you are not informed....but I will say this. It is hard for anyone, much less a mainline pilot, to keep up on all this. Please do not make such statements unless you KNOW the facts. NO current benefits, mainline or whatever, would exist if the pilots before you used your logic. Heck, Wolf in 97 threatened liquidation, and the pilots at U raised 330 pay to the highest in the industry, while lowering 737 pay to make up the difference. Not directed at you Gato, but for gosh sakes, could all you aviatiors just, in the words of Tom Wolfe "shut up and die like men" (my apoligies as it has been over 20 years since I read the book, this may not be exact!) suck it up guys. this is no time to roll over. Greeter.

USA320Pilot,

It is a no no-brainer what needs to be done here. Enter CH11 with an agreement in-hand. Without one we are left with no scope, furloughs out of seniority, no profit sharing, no minimum aircraft count, and the list goes on.

Emotion is not what should be in control of our process at this point, but rather good judgement. This recent event changes nothing in the list of priorities of what is best for our group, and the trickle-down effect of what we do with regard to the other labor groups.

Good luck to us all!

PitBull,

You owe the pilots an apologogy in saying the "all-willing-bend-over pilots". We negotiate on what is best, not emotion or ignorance. How dare you.

You are a very poor excuse for a edited if I say so myself, spouting what the masses want to hear instead of making the tough choices that a strong leader should make.

You don't even agree with the majority of your own leadership.

Do I like what is happening...hell no. However ther will never be a place for your cowerdace politics.

:-(

PITbull said:
The cuts we are told will be huge. So folks, if the "all-willing-bend-over pilots are at a "stalemate", then you know this company managment and the stakeholders are up to NO GOOD.

Time to engage a judicial restructuring and everyone needs to step away from the table.
[post="172144"][/post]​

Don't be so sure PitBull,

Without contracts, furlough out of seniority or to indivdual bases is a real possibility.

Say, lets furlough the PIT domicile, to avoid moves training and so on. Don't think it can't happen.

BTW, stop telling everyone who does not agree with your pathetic view of the world that they are driven from fear, it is not true. Most are probably far better off that you.

PITbull said:
U will not liquidate. And plus, I think managment really, really needs me around here.. :p
[post="172153"][/post]​

UseYourHead said:
Don't be so sure PitBull,

Without contracts, furlough out of seniority or to indivdual bases is a real possibility.

Say, lets furlough the PIT domicile, to avoid moves training and so on. Don't think it can't happen.
[post="172212"][/post]​

UYH,

Don't know which one of your "bipolar" posts to answer... but i'll induldge you...LOL.. YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THE MAJORITY IS IN OUR UNION...NOT 1 CLUE BY YOUR POST. You should investigate that.

PIT will experience furlough, along with approx 1600 f/a system wide. ah, even your group will experience furloughs (have they told you yet?). Those are the questions I 'd be asking the MEC.

I don't know how long you have been in the union or even if we believe that exaggeration, but furloughs go by seniority even in a BK situation. In fact, we could go into a cooling off period as we attempt to negotiate, and then go on strike.

Second, tuff guy, I don't play politics and that "all-willing-bend-over pilots was for your benefit and those who think just like you.

Let's talk about your leadership, I'd say you guys are pretty damn divided, according to USA320 postings of the MEC Code a phone and your MEC President.

I'd get my house in order before I'd start throwing stones at anyone, dude....

Pit,

Yes, there will be furloughs with the road we are headed down now...all groups. All bets are off in how they will be implemented.

And strike? Great...I was waiting for you to go there. Well that will just accelerate your plan you have had all along...collecting unemployment, you know, you can't claim it if you quit, so you drive us out-of-business.

You are a piece of work....

PITbull said:
PIT will experience furlough, along with approx 1600 f/a system wide. ah, even your group will experience furloughs (have they told you yet?). Those are the questions I 'd be asking the MEC.

I don't know how long you have been in the union or even if we believe that exaggeration, but furloughs go by seniority even in a BK situation. In fact, we could go into a cooling off period as we attempt to negotiate, and then go on strike.

[post="172216"][/post]​

:D
UseYourHead said:
Pit,

Yes, there will be furloughs with the road we are headed down now...all groups. All bets are off in how they will be implemented.

And strike? Great...I was waiting for you to go there. Well that will just accelerate your plan you have had all along...collecting unemployment, you know, you can't claim it if you quit, so you drive us out-of-business.

You are a piece of work....
[post="172224"][/post]​

UYH,

"foul mouth,....piece of work".........

Oh, you make me howl.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Now, now, you and I are just having a love-spat here....

If you think I need unemployment with my education....now that would be funny.

Hey, have a nice night...I'm going to Europe tomorrow.

will miss ya, mean it!!! :rolleyes:

All kidding aside,

Have a nice trip. I am headed to Europe on Wednesday as well.

Love,

UYH :)

PITbull said:
:D
UYH,

"foul mouth,....piece of work".........

Oh, you make me howl.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Now, now, you and I are just having a love-spat here....

If you think I need unemployment with my education....now that would be funny.

Hey, have a nice night...I'm going to Europe tomorrow.
will miss ya, mean it!!! :rolleyes:
[post="172227"][/post]​