Alpa Update

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
The MEC has returned to the Keybridge Marriott Hotel in Washington and is ready to reconvene their special meeting at ALPA headquarters when called by the MEC Chairman.

The NC and the Company are still negotiating with no news yet, but some news is expected shortly.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

The MEC meeting will resume at 6:00 PM tomorrow (Sunday) in the Georgetown room of the Key Bridge Marriott. Additionally, the MEC expects to conduct business on Monday morning at the same location.

I understand negotiations are not going well.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

This is because there are no negotiations going on. It is the usual, take it or leave it deal. If you don't we will file CH-11, and then we will liquidate and so on....Same saga, just another day. Maybe this time the Company will want even more than they did last week.

The ALPA NC provided the company with another proposal tonight that provides some additional relief over the August 21 proposal, but still only addresses 10% of the DC Plan.

Although a specific valuation has not been provided, the proposal is likely still about $50 million short of the company's $295 million cost cut target.

The company and the NC are meeting again tomorrow where the company is expected to respond.

The MEC will reconvene tomorrow at 6:00 p.m. and again Monday morning. I understand 7 of the MEC members stayed in Washington today on their day off. Guess which MEC members went home?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

One might think there isn't a reason to sit in a hotel room and incur food/incidental expenses that are paid out of the members dues. I'm sure they will be back tomorrow in time for the 6pm meeting.

Wouldn't you consider this to be financially prudent to cut down on expenses? Especially since ALPA national is now overseeing the U MEC ALPA budget due to financial difficulties.

USA320Pilot said:
The ALPA NC provided the company with another proposal tonight that provides some additional relief over the August 21 proposal, but still only addresses 10% of the DC Plan.

Although a specific valuation has not been provided, the proposal is likely still about $50 million short of the company's $295 million cost cut target.

The company and the NC are meeting again tomorrow where the company is expected to respond.

The MEC will reconvene tomorrow at 6:00 p.m. and again Monday morning. I understand 7 of the MEC members stayed in Washington today on their day off. Guess which MEC members went home?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="173741"][/post]​
Have you been kicked off the ALPA forum for lying?If not, please post a reply on said forum. To the rest of you, 320 is SO disrespected on the ALPA forum he has been kicked off by ALL pilots. I hope you continue to respect his posts. Greeter.

No I have not been kicked off of the ALPA forum for lying.

Walmartgreeter, it appears you are a little emotional since the illicit efforts of the RC4, where two of their members are suing ALPA and the MEC, have being publicly exposed.

Keep it together man. It will be o.k. when ALPA and the other unions get their clocks cleaned in bankruptcy court if they do not have a new labor accord.

In his Executive Summary, ALPA Financial Advisor Michael Glanzer said, "Taking into account various assumptions made in the Transformation Plan, mplementation of the Transformation Plan requires that the Company’s total labor costs approximately be equal to (text omitted) a reasonably close range of those contemplated in the Transformation Plan. Only on such basis would such plan be potentially workable.

Based upon the financial analysis and our extensive experience in restructuring, the pilots’ have choices are as follows:

(i) Negotiate a deal with a low cost carrier cost structure and obtain various returns as part of that package.

(ii) Elect not to reach an agreement with the Company and be prepared to accept liquidation or, less likely, the imposition of contractual terms that will be more sever than those proposed (text omitted) with the Company in a gravely (and potentially fatally) weakened positions and forgo the prospect of obtaining any significant returns.

However, today in an email sent to a disenting pilot that was CC'ed to the MEC, Fred Freshwater said, "Send your drivel to someone who cares what YOU have to say in your typical manner of disrespectful discourse."

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
No I have not been kicked off of the ALPA forum for lying.

Walmartgreeter, it appears you are a little emotional since the illicit efforts of the RC4, where two of their members are suing ALPA and the MEC, have being publicly exposed.

Keep it together man. It will be o.k. (i) Negotiate a deal with a low cost carrier cost structure and obtain various returns as part of that package.

(ii) Elect not to reach an agreement with the Company and be prepared to accept liquidation or, less likely, the imposition of contractual terms that will be more sever than those proposed (text omitted) with the Company in a gravely (and potentially fatally) weakened positions and forgo the prospect of obtaining any significant returns.

However, today in an email sent to a disenting pilot that was CC'ed to the MEC, Fred Freshwater said, "Send your drivel to someone who cares what YOU have to say in your typical manner of disrespectful discourse."

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="173753"][/post]​
You associate yourself with thieves. What does that make you? Greeter.

Walmartgreeter:

Walmartgreeter said: "You associate yourself with thieves. What does that make you? Greeter."

USA320pilot comments: Virtually all of my comments today and associations have been about ALPA and in particular the RC4.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

The most interesting point in BK2 will be the "execs" of this airline trying to maintain there current salaries, while trying to cut the labor to a lower salary level. Do you think a judge is going to leave them alone..?

There has NOT been an attempt by Mgt. to cut costs to the bone, except for labor costs.

So, lets deal those cards and see who is bluffing...