MOU

• Yes

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Unsure at this point

Votes: 10 15.9%

• Total voters
Phoenix pondered "If Parker had offered a pay raise for all USAir pilots, or even about 60% of them maybe, he would have had no fear of the MOU being rejected, and would not have felt he needed to pull it."

All U pilots East and West flying the beloved "min fleet" aircraft were offered very LARGE pay increases at the date of approval of the possible POR. That would be the pilots of over 300 aircraft. That would be in fact ALL US Airways aircraft except the 15 (current) 190s. What, about 150 pilots? (I am asking)

All pilots flying the 190 were offered a 25-30K raise on operational integration, not even including what could have come out of a possible JNC process with APA. And then a parity review in 3 years taking them to at least 140K, and by "them" I mean no current pilot on the property...do the attrition math. Anyone care to post the LOA 96 language on when talks should occur on raises for the 190?

Parker had no "fear" of the MOU not passing. I apparently will never be proven right or wrong, but I stand by my approval rating on the MOU at over 75%. Parker just wanted to get the BPR's attention. He won't. Like you, they don't even pay attention the to the facts.

Greeter

If Parker had offered a pay raise for all USAir pilots, or even about 60% of them maybe, he would have had no fear of the MOU being rejected, and would not have felt he needed to pull it.

The fact that he pulled the MOU shows he is either in way over his head, or he planned it only as a wedge between the BPR and the membership.

I think at a minimum the BPR should conduct a scientific poll to determine pilot sentiments about the concessions contained in the MOU, if not actually send out the MOU for a vote of confidence.

Well not to get long winded about the concessions, but Ill say this; the MOU offered: 1) a payraise of about 50,000 as in 50 thousand dolars. 2) it offered 10,000 dollars in signing bonus, 3) it offered pay protection for current equipment flown, 4) it offered a ratioed fleet status as compared to americanm bot domestic and international, 5) it offered a no- furlough clause for current members, and then 6) it offered a grab bag of goodies pertaining to scope, sick time, 190 pay, pay protections etc...so, since we sent it out with a cutesy "recomendation to vote no" lets see what w are not gonna have in the merger assuming it dosent happen, no pay raise, no furlough protections, no bargaining with APA till they want to, we will bargain from a position of weakness. remember we will be the lowest paid, (by choice, our bpr chose no)we realy dont have a leg to stand on...i suggest we throw ourselves at the nercy of the APA and beg for a raise....all they want is senioeity....*Da Ding!!..ive got it!! we offer to place the NIC on the bottom of there list, the loose nothing, capture all our attrition. we get a raise to our grandfathered positions, and promise not to open our mouthes again except to say thank you.....thats the b est scenerio I can envision, any contributers want to connent om where I ,issed the gist here, fire away.?....

Reactions: 1 person
Everything that was an 'enhancement' can be easily taken away - we've lived through that.
Everything that was a concession will never be gotten back.
And 10K? Do the math. 40Million/5300 pilots = 6700 - 40% withholding = less than 4k in your pocket. I am underwhelmed.
Cheers.

Everything that was an 'enhancement' can be easily taken away - we've lived through that.
And 10K? Do the math. 40Million/5300 pilots = 6700 - 40% withholding = less than 4k in your pocket. I am underwhelmed.
Cheers.

Think how underwhelmed your gonna feel,when you loose all your seniority to get the next deal from APA....im laughing at our stupidity....

Reactions: 2 people
Cheers.

Also, a primer for you morons that cant google what an MOU is. Its not a contract, its not a change to your contract, its not a LOA....

Its a written form of a gentellmens agreement. More than a handshake and enforceable.

Ours was designed to be aplicable to this potential merger only, and would take effect at the POR. We would have had the pay n equipment guarrantees rnforce till we got a JCBA.

Now we will have loa93...

How much fun has this been waiting for the courts to rule, while the bills pile up...

We are a bunch of morons that cant do our homework and understand anything, we dont deserve a pay raise.....

Reactions: 3 people
If Parker had offered a pay raise for all USAir pilots, or even about 60% of them maybe, he would have had no fear of the MOU being rejected, and would not have felt he needed to pull it.

The fact that he pulled the MOU shows he is either in way over his head, or he planned it only as a wedge between the BPR and the membership.

I think at a minimum the BPR should conduct a scientific poll to determine pilot sentiments about the concessions contained in the MOU, if not actually send out the MOU for a vote of confidence.

Man, you idiots are in way over your head.

I really understand how LOA 93 happened.

Reactions: 2 people

If the BPR had been right, even occasionally, then the pilots may have given them an audience. Why bother listening to their recommendation? What has been their track record? Why should they remain in office?

At least you include yourself in that statement. Laugh away!

actually driver, after furthur reflection and a lot of listening, (something I should do more of) im laughing more at myself than at anybody else. I have come to the conclusion that the BPR were probably right in there decision to encourage a No Vote...I think I was springloaded to follow the advisors advice, yet I now believe that abetter deal might await us in the near future...and your welcome to laugh at me as well, I was definately fallin for it, "hook, line and sinker"....my bad

Latest posts