Pilots and NWA reach an agreement

Not soon enough, if you ask me.
Well, apparently, they've "been in talks" with the other unions on the property...what that means, I have no idea.

In all seriousness, why would they even bother entertaining open anyone's CBA? They'll just keep throwing bonus programs at the masses, and most will just keep ramblin' along.

what is wrong with bonus programs?? especially $1000 a month?? that is pretty darn good money for just making it to work on time!!! Tell your manager you want no part of the bonus program or better yet take your "bribe" bonus and donate it to a charity if you are to good for it!!

what is wrong with bonus programs?? especially $1000 a month?? that is pretty darn good money for just making it to work on time!!! Tell your manager you want no part of the bonus program or better yet take your "bribe" bonus and donate it to a charity if you are to good for it!!

Nothing's wrong with it. It's just a prime opportunity to see about amending contract language, which is a better long term option...it's also an opportunity I think most of the unions will miss. If they want to pay me 15% above my normal wage year-round, then that's a start (it'd put us 3.5% ahead of our pre-concessionary wages).

By the way, who said I was "too good" to participate? I believe I said I'd show up for work like I always do.

I'll take every nickel I can get from these guys.

Again, don't put words in my mouth.

Of course they cannot reopen your contract, because 'they' have a contract, but if you care to work outside of your contract and come to work sick (during a specific period ‘only’) then 'they' will reward you for coming to work sick, possibly infecting your coworkers and passengers.

I used to pride myself for not being sick and not using ‘sick time’ wherein I exceeded my max allocation and my accrued sick time went into the bit bucket. Then one time I was “really†sick with the flu but came to work anyway (as it was my nature and dedication to my employer) coughing, sneezing, sweating, etc… I was not up to par at all (fever and all) but I was there to do my duty. The next week, half of my crew was out sick with the flu and we that were left were expected to pick up the slack.

It seems that the older I get, the more propensity I am to be susceptible to viruses and what not (something about an aging immune system).

I do not know what the contracts are now at NWA, but at the Lazy’U, we get 75% pay for sick time under 10 days, but are still subject to disciplinary action under ‘some’ undefined policy if exceeding the ‘policy’.

Bottom line is, if you are sick, get well before coming back to work. If you are not sick , then go to work.

JMHO,
B) UT

And all along I thought the NWA pilots refused "overtime" due to stress and fatigue. At least that was the union line. I guess money is the new double-espresso.

money makes the world go around...i am thinking the pilots are feeling not so stressed and fatigued anymore....

gee i just worked 6 out of 7 days this week i am stressed man i need a break think i will take the next 2-3 days off and call in sick....lol

I do not know what the contracts are now at NWA, but at the Lazy’U, we get 75% pay for sick time under 10 days, but are still subject to disciplinary action under ‘some’ undefined policy if exceeding the ‘policy’.

UT--

All ground ops people at NWA (ramp, CSA, reservations, etc) get 75% for the first 7 days (Days off don't count). Pilots are still at 100%...Not sure about F/A's. Non contract/management are in the 75% boat as well.

We also have the same "flexible" policies about sick time/disciplinary measures. There written in black & white; it's how they're interpreted that gets murky.

"FUUK Steenland, and the horse he rode in on" !!

Nothing like paying a guy, WITH HIS OWN MONEY(concessions)

BOY, would'nt it be IRONIC, if during the BRIBE PERIOD, that an ESE got hurt on an OJI, and was out(at home) for 4 weeks, drawing FULL PAY :shock: :shock: :shock:

Like I said.............................FUUK DOUGIE !!!

And all along I thought the NWA pilots refused "overtime" due to stress and fatigue. At least that was the union line. I guess money is the new double-espresso.
The pilots will still refuse "overtime" and this agreement will not change anything. It is a smoke screen to make mgt look like they are doing something and direct attention away from their mismanagement of the staffing problem. It says to the public and the uneducated that "it is the greedy pilots fault and we are going to fix it by throwing more money at the pilots." The agreement will pay premium pay (time and a half) for hours over 80 in a month. I (and most other pilots) have been scheduled for well over 80 hours every month since BK started. It is not "overtime." The main reason the union signed the LOA is to get back some of the concessions lost in the CBA (premium pay over 80 hours being one of them). Over 80 hours used to be overtime when the normal monthly max was around 75 hours a month. The LOA also provides incentive for mgt to build the lines at under 80 hours so they won't have to pay premium pay to pilots that are not flying anything in addition to their normal schedule. The only way to get the monthly flying down is to staff the airline properly. It will take time to fix this mismanagment problem. The LOA is also an attempt to get pilots to accept more flying above their normal schedule. There are always going to be a few that will fly more for more money, but for the majority of the pilots, it isn't about the money. They want less time flying and more time at home with the family than they are currently getting flying their current schedules that are well over 80 hours a month. I don't think you will see much improvement in near term performance with this LOA. The only thing that will fix the cancellation problem is proper staffing and that will take time or the usual fall pull back to fix.

Besides the changes you mentioned, were there any other work rules amended?

Also, what grievance did ALPA agree to set aside as part of this?

Thanks,

Kevin--

Besides the changes you mentioned, were there any other work rules amended?

Also, what grievance did ALPA agree to set aside as part of this?

Thanks,

Kevin--
They put back in some instructor overrides that they had eliminated and wondered why nobody wanted to be an instructor any more. The previous agreement put back the "scheduled or actual per leg, whichever is greater" method of pay credit as opposed to the per trip method. That was what was driving the Block or Better (BOB) movement you may have heard of.

The greivance had to do with Mesaba and small jets. I'm not real clear on the details, but it had to do with the fact that they (NWA) bought Mesaba and were now a wholly owned subsidiary. That created a problem with their flying since it changed their status within the scope clause of the CBA.

Back