Pilots And Outsourcing

And as for outsourcing, the twu lead the way and other airlines followed.

Ken...the TWU is not an airline. Point is made and recognized that outsourcing did begin on TWU's watch at UAL...what has AMFA done to curtail it and please show us the results...thx in advance...the Dripster...

777 fixer said:
One has to asume that Hopeful is telling the truth and not just trying to stir things up. With that said I would not be suprised at all that some pilots feel this way. After all if they think that outsourcing will mean higher wages for them then why would should care how it affects other people. When it comes right down to it a lot of pilots do not have a clue as to what it takes to keep those aircraft in tip top shape.

If someone actually thinks that outsourcing maintenance will improve revenue one only has to look at UAL and US Air to see the flawed logic in that.
[post="227961"][/post]​

I am telling the truth. It was ONE conversation with ONE pilot. But to have just one person think like this is disturbing considering the pain and suffering affecting airline employees.

Hopeful:

I did not mean to imply you were making this up. But lets face it, one cannot believe everyting they see on the web. And like I said before I would not be suprised if a pilot did say that. My opinion is that some of them will pay lip service to maintenance when we are around. The moment we are not around it's a different story.

Ken MacTiernan said:
Does the public know that UAL & NWA both send a/c overseas to Singapore and China for major overhauls? No they don't. Will they know or even care? Probably when one of these overseas a/c doesn't quite make it from point A to point B someday. I pray that NEVER happens but the airlines are playing the odds. But till then it is "cost effective"!
[post="227973"][/post]​

Who did the maintenance on the CO D10 that is being implicated in the Concorde accident? Contract or in-house?

777 fixer said:
Hopeful:

I did not mean to imply you were making this up. But lets face it, one cannot believe everyting they see on the web. And like I said before I would not be suprised if a pilot did say that. My opinion is that some of them will pay lip service to maintenance when we are around. The moment we are not around it's a different story.
[post="229658"][/post]​
same goes for mechanics towards fleet service.

Initially, the TWU allowed the Rampers to take our jobs doing pushbacks and de-icing; now we have SRPs and PMM's, the majority of whom come from the ramp.

We're "Union Brothers" when the ramp wants something, usually our work. The rest of the time we're laughed at because we are too stupid to get out of a Union that encourages internal outsourcing to keep the dues flow constant.

There are plenty of pilots who would sell their mothers for a buck an hour raise.

I found out that JB is sending its planes as far as El Salvador for C-checks. It will take a few mx-related air disasters to stop outsourcing.

If there are no mx-related air disasters(or no rise from the current number) then outsourcing is here to stay.

We are responsible for the pickle we're in. For years, the "haves" in the airline business have ignored what went on with the "have-nots". "Can't happen here". Well, it's happening here. Outsourcing didn't start after 2001. Continental outsourced flying to Texas International and NY Air. But no one cared.

We made our beds.TC

AA717driver said:
There are plenty of pilots who would sell their mothers for a buck an hour raise.

I found out that JB is sending its planes as far as El Salvador for C-checks. It will take a few mx-related air disasters to stop outsourcing.

If there are no mx-related air disasters(or no rise from the current number) then outsourcing is here to stay.

We are responsible for the pickle we're in. For years, the "haves" in the airline business have ignored what went on with the "have-nots". "Can't happen here". Well, it's happening here. Outsourcing didn't start after 2001. Continental outsourced flying to Texas International and NY Air. But no one cared.

We made our beds.TC
[post="229888"][/post]​
sadly i predict with all the vigor to save a buck in aircraft maintenance we will see some catastrophic results. ive personally seen what cutting corners can do to aircraft, these machines are very forgiving but yet require much TLC after all they are only made of aluminum alloy and composite. but hey what do i know? ive only worked in heavy aircraft overhaul for 20+ years!

AA717driver said:

We made our beds.TC
[post="229888"][/post]​

Air Canada also does a lot of the work for Jet Blue as well. I also read in an airline industry magazine that US Air is looking to send maintenance work south.

You know what I find interesting. Politicians who on one hand rant and rave about outsoucing yet will heap praise upon companies like Jet Blue. Charles Schumer of New York is one of them. If you doubt me just go to his web site and do a search of "jet blue" and "outsourcing of jobs". Makes him look somewhat sanctimonious.

On a side not I bet some un-employed Boeing employees would take issue with Jet Blue buying A320's.

AA717Driver:

Are you the same AA771Driver on Airliners.net?

It seems that the pilot who made these comments to me i spart of the mainstream pilot group. Now we see the UAl pilots reachinga tentative deal that requires the raping of the FA group and the other union groups.

These pilots are out of control!

Hopeful said:
It seems that the pilot who made these comments to me i spart of the mainstream pilot group. Now we see the UAl pilots reachinga tentative deal that requires the raping of the FA group and the other union groups.

These pilots are out of control!
[post="230149"][/post]​
Well, I don't think you should be outsourcing work. In fact, I think it would make sense to leverage AA's extensive maintenance infrastructure to insource more work. FWIW, I'm a pilot and consider myself mainstream.

Latest posts

Back