Pilot Jumpseaters

Colby

Senior
Sep 30, 2003
Yesterday on one of my flights I had another Airline Pilot jumpseating to go home. My plane was pretty full and it was an EMB145. So,
When he showed up with his Roll-A-Board I told him I didn't have any place left to put his bag. He told me it had to go with him I told him all he can do is Gate Check it and he proceeded to argue with me. I told him over and over that I had no place left to put it. My Closet was full with other passengers bags and behind the last row of seats was taken with another passenger bag. I had NO PLACE LEFT !!! So, he marched off up the jetbridge and then later came back down. He basically told me he was going to try and put it under his seat. His seat was on the A side..a single seat so he took the bag back and put it under the seat in front of one of my passengers. How totally RUDE !!!! My captain didn't really back me up and was telling me to take a breath.... I am so Ferious still over this Pilots attitude. So, just a quick reminder... We are providing a COURTESY to you Pilots. Trust me if it was another Captain that guy would not have come with us. Flight Attendants are finally starting to be able to Jumpseat on other Carriers and we would NEVER sit and argue with a Flight Attendant about bringing on our Roll-A-Boards. This guy will in for a shock.. I have a lot of Pilot friends and this guy is going to
be reported !!!! So, the next time your jumpseating do as the other 98% of Pilots do... and be GLAD YOU GOT ON !!!!!!!! :angry:

Yesterday on one of my flights I had another Airline Pilot jumpseating to go home. My plane was pretty full and it was an EMB145. So,
When he showed up with his Roll-A-Board I told him I didn't have any place left to put his bag. He told me it had to go with him I told him all he can do is Gate Check it and he proceeded to argue with me. I told him over and over that I had no place left to put it. My Closet was full with other passengers bags and behind the last row of seats was taken with another passenger bag. I had NO PLACE LEFT !!! So, he marched off up the jetbridge and then later came back down. He basically told me he was going to try and put it under his seat. His seat was on the A side..a single seat so he took the bag back and put it under the seat in front of one of my passengers. How totally RUDE !!!! My captain didn't really back me up and was telling me to take a breath.... I am so Ferious still over this Pilots attitude. So, just a quick reminder... We are providing a COURTESY to you Pilots. Trust me if it was another Captain that guy would not have come with us. Flight Attendants are finally starting to be able to Jumpseat on other Carriers and we would NEVER sit and argue with a Flight Attendant about bringing on our Roll-A-Boards. This guy will in for a shock.. I have a lot of Pilot friends and this guy is going to
be reported !!!! So, the next time your jumpseating do as the other 98% of Pilots do... and be GLAD YOU GOT ON !!!!!!!! :angry:

Are you done? :rolleyes:

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='547168' date='Nov 25 2007, 05:20 PM']Are you done? :rolleyes:[/quote]
Guess your a Pilot in the 2 Percentage that don't give respect to Crew members....

Guess your a Pilot in the 2 Percentage that don't give respect to Crew members....

He has been warned to not be so nasty but he shows his hostility to others with his typical insulting remarks. I hope they boot him from this BB, it will be a lot more user friendly. Take no offense, he does it to everyone.

Colby don't complain or should I say don't throw stones.
I respect other employees especially when they are commuting.
I have seen Flight Attendants request jumpseats on flights that were not full in F/C and
end up sitting in F/C after the door was closed yet they were listed as a cabin jumpseat rider. :eek:
FREE Ride in F/C while other non-revs get screwed. :angry: Don't bittch because you never know who
is watching or listening to your actions.
Enough said!!

I have seen Flight Attendants request jumpseats on flights that were not full in F/C and
end up sitting in F/C after the door was closed yet they were listed as a cabin jumpseat rider. :eek:
FREE Ride in F/C while other non-revs get screwed. :angry: Don't bittch because you never know who
Enough said!!

I have Jumpseated a few times but we are only allowed the jumpseat on full flights. I would never assume that I can just sit in First. When I was at USAIR mainline I would invite jumpseaters, nonrevs and DH crews into First if seats were available. But, there was a time when a Pilot from another Carrier told the Flight Attendant at the Boarding to move him up to first if there's a seat available. The problem I have are these Pilots that think they are God and we are supposed to Kiss their ***** !!! I have yet to jumpseat on another Carrier..but that's because I don't comute and we are limited anyway. We get to buy ZED fares and ID90s on most carriers. I can tell you I would NEVER sit and argue with another Airlines Flight Attendant. I've had other carrier Flight attendants bring us Cookies and snack boxes from their Airlines... What do Pilots Bring the working Crew ????? ATTITUDE !!!!!!

He has been warned to not be so nasty but he shows his hostility to others with his typical insulting remarks. I hope they boot him from this BB, it will be a lot more user friendly. Take no offense, he does it to everyone.

Look in the
Mirrors_Main_Image.jpg

I have Jumpseated a few times but we are only allowed the jumpseat on full flights. I would never assume that I can just sit in First. When I was at USAIR mainline I would invite jumpseaters, nonrevs and DH crews into First if seats were available. But, there was a time when a Pilot from another Carrier told the Flight Attendant at the Boarding to move him up to first if there's a seat available. The problem I have are these Pilots that think they are God and we are supposed to Kiss their ***** !!! I have yet to jumpseat on another Carrier..but that's because I don't comute and we are limited anyway. We get to buy ZED fares and ID90s on most carriers. I can tell you I would NEVER sit and argue with another Airlines Flight Attendant. I've had other carrier Flight attendants bring us Cookies and snack boxes from their Airlines... What do Pilots Bring the working Crew ????? ATTITUDE !!!!!!

Colby, I used to work for a regional airline and I know exactly how you feel. It's sad when airline workers, instead of helping each other, make life difficult for others. Whenever I'm commuting, I assume I'm a guest and the crewmembers are in charge. It's behavior like this amongst pilots (never have had a problem with a flight attendant commuter yet on my flights), and the refusal of the captain to back up working fas that lead me to assume a very professional, but distanced stance with them. You did the right thing. You followed procedures and he insisted on breaking them. Since your cpt refused to back you up, he's in violation of allowing FARs reg. proper baggage stowage to be violated. You need to call your uninon's professional standards, failing that and if the union does nothing, I'd write a report.

Enough said!!

In many instances, f/as elect to take the j/s in order to accommodate others non revs trying to get on the flight. If they didnt take the j/s other non revs (you) would be left at the gate....
So dont be so quick to bark out at the occasional "move up" by the crew...

also...(fyi)

At AA its only "free" for a f/a with less than 5 years when all other seats are occupied on the a/c, otherwise there is a service charge assessed...
(25 year plus get free f/c domestic travel)

This has happened to me a couple of times. The real problem is that the pax are watching and listening. Guess what they learn from non-revs that choose not to comply with the flight attendants request?

When he showed up with his Roll-A-Board I told him I didn't have any place left to put his bag............. My captain didn't really back me up and was telling me to take a breath....

The Capt could have had him place it in the cockpit flat behind the console, under the jumpseat, just in front of the door. In my years of commuting I had many Capts tell me to do that. Problem; it's not really legal 'cause it's not strapped down.

At AA its only "free" for a f/a with less than 5 years when all other seats are occupied on the a/c, otherwise there is a service charge assessed...
(25 year plus get free f/c domestic travel)
It's not worth an argument, but that is no longer true. As of December, 2004, a commuter with less than 5 years can elect to take a jumpseat and not be charged even if there are empty cabin seats. I know...it saved me a fortune in non-rev charges commuting to STL from the time I was recalled in Nov. 2004 until I made 5 years (by the company's calculation) in January of this year. I think it only applies to AA flight attendants.

Back to the thread topic. I only had one incident with a "bigger than God" pilot in almost 6 years. I was working F/C and during boarding an AA pilot (FO, IIRC) who is commuting comes on-board. Problem is he stops to talk to the cockpit and blocks the entryway with his bag which brought boarding to a complete halt. I asked him nicely to move his bag or continue to his seat because he was holding up the boarding process. He replied, "I'm effin talking to the captain and I will effin sit down when I am effin ready to." I stuck my head in the cockpit and saw that the captain was as shocked as I. I said calmly (but wanting to hit something), "Captain, I'm sorry, but either he goes or I go--your choice." Captain agreed with me and told him to leave the a/c.

I have to admit that I was surprised that the Captain backed me up. By the way, the end of the world is nigh. I had a cockpit refuse food today. :lol:

I think his folks beat him and kept him in the closet a lot.... :lol:

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='547271' date='Nov 25 2007, 11:38 PM']Look in the
Mirrors_Main_Image.jpg
[/quote]
Dude....Grow up!!!!

Thankyou so much for the backing on this issue... All I want to do is put out there the fact that we (or at least I know I do) so much for any jumpseater that it ruins it for future jumpseaters....even my passenger in1A even thought the person was RUDE to me. By the way Flight Attendants... Watch your Person Belongings.... I had a Passenger Steal My IPOD yesterday.......It was in the " Cubby Hole" I keep my Personal belongings in.... Yup Im having a really GREAT WEEK!!!!!!!