Pilots Given Deadline On Pact

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Pilots given deadline on pact

"If they don't get labor concessions, they will shut down eventually," said Philip Baggaley, an analyst for Standard & Poor's Ratings Services. "But there's little doubt they will secure those concessions."

Complete Story

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

willyloman said:
UAIR is the worst airline in the world. It should shut down ASAP.
[post="180254"][/post]​

Thanks for your well-reasoned, positive, insightful commentary in this forum. :blink: :down:

This weekly - often twice a week flyer - USAirways is the best airline I have flown in the US.

I get where I'm supposed to go with excellent customer service far more often than on Delta, Southwest or United. I fly Northwest in very small amounts.

Willy,

You could not be further from the truth. US is the best airline with the best employees--it's amazing what these people do with the limited resources they are given.

You can go back to your LCC--My fellow FFOCUS members and I are staying the course.

To our friends at US we wish you the best and we'll do what we can to help...which in my case is keeping my rear in US seats.

My best to you all......

Art at ISP said:
To our friends at US we wish you the best and we'll do what we can to help...which in my case is keeping my rear in US seats.

[post="180272"][/post]​

Thanks Art.

Your loyalty during these difficult times is greatly appreciated.

Lindy

I agree it's nice to see loyal customers - that goes to show the employees despite all the 'drama' are doing something right. That being said, you have to wonder why is management chosen to go down this path again. They sense a weakness in ALPA and are "going for the kill." Pilots, don't be fooled.

EyeInTheSky said:
I agree it's nice to see loyal customers - that goes to show the employees despite all the 'drama' are doing something right. That being said, you have to wonder why is management chosen to go down this path again. They sense a weakness in ALPA and are "going for the kill." Pilots, don't be fooled.
[post="180283"][/post]​

It's either go down this path or go out of business.The posturing is over the end game is near.U management is now the negotiating committee for the creditors and lenders.All the tough talk in the world won't change the reality of our situation or what will be required for this company to continue to exist.

us10

Tighten up those lap belts folks. All you can do now is ride this albatros into the ground.

It's the end of the world as we know it (REM) :(

Two thing caught my eye...

"I'd expect the court to grant that [abrogation - Jim], then the process would unfold over the next several months," said analyst Baggaley. "But that still doesn't assure their survival."

Seems like Baggaley isn't sure more concessions will "assure their survival".

"The carrier can skip payments on plane payments for 60 days from filing bankruptcy. It immediately rejected leases on 45 aircraft, including 23 Boeing 737s."

Could it be that another "shrink to profitability" will be attempted? You'd think they'd know better after the last time.

Jim

700UW said:
Section 1113 states they have to negotiate for at least 30 days.
[post="180234"][/post]​

Where does it say that?

Here is the text regarding requirements of rejecting CBA during the Chapter 11 process:

The court shall approve an application for rejection of a collective bargaining agreement only if the court finds that -

(1)

the trustee has, prior to the hearing, made a proposal that fulfills the requirements of subsection (B)(1);

(2)

the authorized representative of the employees has refused to accept such proposal without good cause; and

(3)

the balance of the equities clearly favors rejection of such agreement.

and...

The court shall rule on such application for rejection within thirty days after the date of the commencement of the hearing

Here is the link:

http://www.unitedafa.org/res/b/r/about_1113.asp

I cannot find anywhere in that section that says they need to negotiate for a period of 30 days.

The only dates I see are "meet at reasonable times", "court shall schedule a hearing to be held not later than fourteen days ", and "court shall rule on such application for rejection within thirty days after the date of the commencement of the hearing".

The timelines in all 1113 cases in the airlines the court has set it for 30 days, according to Sharon Levine, Bankruptcy Attorney.

Your own posts shows Thirty days after the arbrogation is filed.

Guess you answered your own question and did not realize it.

BoeingBoy said:
Could it be that another "shrink to profitability" will be attempted? You'd think they'd know better after the last time.
[post="180332"][/post]​
Sometimes you don't have a choice in the matter. If you can't get funding with which to grow, and you can't cover current expenses, you are left with burning the furniture.

Michael,

You are very correct. Using your analogy, however, burning the furniture leaves no where to sit....

Jim