Planless in DC?

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
Obama has done his best to pretend to take them seriously. He claimed to have a $4 trillion deficit-reduction plan. The court eunuchs of the press corps were impressed, and went off to file pieces hailing the president as “the grown-up in the room.” There is, in fact, no plan. No plan at all. No plan whatsoever, either for a deficit reduction of $4 trillion or $4.73.

It seems reasonable to conclude from the planlessness and budgetlessness of the Obama/Reid Democrats that their only plan is to carry on spending without limit. Otherwise, someone somewhere would surely have written something down on a piece of paper by now. But no, apparently the Department of Writing Down Plans is the only federal expense the president is willing to cut. You begin to see why the Europeans are a little miffed. They’re passing austerity budgets so austere they’ve spawned an instant anti-austerity movement rioting in the street — and yet they’re still getting downgraded by the ratings agencies. In Washington, by contrast, the ruling party of the Brokest Nation in History has no spending plan other than to plan to spend even more — and nobody’s downgrading them.

Well, don’t worry. It’s coming. The domestic media coverage of this story has been almost laughably fraudulent: To the court eunuchs, a failure to raise the debt ceiling by a couple of trillion would signal to the world that American government was embarrassingly dysfunctional. In reality, raising the debt ceiling by a couple of trillion without any spending cuts would confirm to the world that American government is terminally dysfunctional.

Article

Obama CNN pol

“The president’s worried about his next election, but my God, shouldn't we be worried about the country?” Boehner said. “I'm not worried about the next election. I told the president months ago: Forget about the next election!”

The Hill

Notably, the GOP gains have occurred only among white voters; a two-point Republican edge among whites in 2008 (46% to 44%) has widened to a 13-point lead today (52% to 39%). In sharp contrast, the partisan attachments of black and Hispanic voters have remained consistently Democratic.

Pew Research

th_obama-sad.jpg

Part of the white man. Something to be proud of.

Proud?

Yes I am proud of my Flemish heritage. The Dutch Masters, Rembrandt, The White Brigade who fought the Nazi's. Called "The White Brigade" not out of racism but because they wore white butchers coast on the streets of Gent, Brugge, Antwerp & Brussels! They were very adept at killing Nazi's and aiding US Airmen in returning to the UK. The Comete Line was another resistance group as was the Dutch Resistance. I know it's politically Incorrect to be White and of European Heritage.

I'm proud of the Vortrekkers, The victors of the Battle of Blood River. I am ethnically Flemish, But first, last and always I am am a citizen of the USA.

And that has what to do with the poll being discussed?

Quite a bit! For a Liberal Elitist you're a bit slow on the uptake.

Your implication is obvious.

That the increase of whites in their approval of a more fiscally conservative approach somehow makes them racist. I've observed the species in the wild. The Liberal, whose ideas have been shown in word and in deed to be abject failures will resort to playing either the race card or resort to playing the class warfare card. It's like saying the Sun rises in the East.

I'm proud of who I am and so should all of those who come to the USA should. Like the Hmong here in MN and WI. Or the Cubans in South Florida. They know oppression first hand. As a result they love Freedom and Liberty as they know first hand what life is like without it.

Meanwhile back at the Liberal Elitist Ranch their surrogates in the MSM, spew venom at anyone who has a different point of view. How do YOU spell Moron? L-I-B-E-R-A-L. Consider the case of MSNBC and Contessa Brewers, the afternoon "Straight News" host! Had she or any of her producers or staff, done even a hint of research on the Congressman they would’ve known that. As a matter of fact, it’s the 4th line of his Wikipedia entry, so the research involved could’ve been as basic as a Google search and a click. But that’s too much to expect from MSNBC’s “straight news” outfit.Classic case of the lack of Credibility of the left one need look no further than this:
Contessa Brewers, the “straight news” host of a daytime show, had Congressman Mo Brooks (R-AL) on the other day to discuss the debt ceiling. Showing her objectivity, Brewer listed every White House talking point about how the country would’ve faced another depression had Obama and the Democrats not spent trillions of dollars more than we have. She failed to note the promise they made that unemployment wouldn’t reach 8 percent if they spent it, but that’s the least of her problems. When Congressman Brooks dared to disagree, Brewer, in a fit of impartiality, slapped her hand down on her desk like a 5 year old told they couldn’t have a piece of candy and asked “Do you have a degree in economics?”

Congressman Brooks replied, “Yes, ma’am, I do. Highest honors.”

The fiscal policy of the republicans has nothing to do with my opinion.

The fiscal policy of the republicans has nothing to do with my opinion.

Hang in there it's a 12 step program. The first step is admitting the morally and fiscally bankrupting of the US is the fault of Liberals and Progressives. Not to worry, the first step on the road to recovery is to admit you have a problem :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me know wen you get off the conservative good liberal bad BS. Until you realize that both parties are at fault, your just another delusional republican who thinks his crap does not stink. Get over our self. Your arrogance is tiring.

Let me know wen you get off the conservative good liberal bad BS. Until you realize that both parties are at fault, your just another delusional republican who thinks his crap does not stink. Get over our self. Your arrogance is tiring.

Well if it was Bush's fault in 2007, it's The Empty Suits fault now. You can attack me all you like but your guy is an abject FAILURE on every level. Hell' he's starting to make Jimmy Carter look like FDR

When did he become my guy? I only voted for him because he was better than the alternative. Bush was only one among many who are responsible for this mess. This goes back decades.

Latest posts

Back