Possible Merger and Striking NW Mechanics

So where are DL AMT's working on NW aircraft? The general feeling in ATL is most wouldn't come anywhere near a NW aircraft. Even the anti-union guys don't wnat to. I heard some managers at ATL Line did some work, but were not forcing any AMT's to work the planes. I think it is a little unfair to lable all of us, including AMFA supporters and members as SCABS.

So where are DL AMT's working on NW aircraft? The general feeling in ATL is most wouldn't come anywhere near a NW aircraft. Even the anti-union guys don't wnat to. I heard some managers at ATL Line did some work, but were not forcing any AMT's to work the planes. I think it is a little unfair to lable all of us, including AMFA supporters and members as SCABS.

I wouldn't read too much into this thread, DalMD88. You just have a few well known wind-up artists from other carriers that seem to have gotten lost while lurking and are trying to spread their venom to DAL.

So where are DL AMT's working on NW aircraft? I think it is a little unfair to lable all of us, including AMFA supporters and members as SCABS.

You are correct that it is unfair to label the Delta AMT's as scabs. I really don't find that to be so insulting but I do apologize if others took offense. Like I said it was one log page that I have seen with Delta on it thus far it has been the first and the last. I could care less who worked on NWA aircraft as long as it is done here in the United States. I do not believe in out sourcing work overseas but there are some unionists here that would rather see work go overseas than perform struck work. Which effectively screws his brother on furlough. Unionists do nothing but chase their own tails.

Kinda like HP and US Airways????

As someone who has gone through now 4 mergers, this one IS paradise. Intergrating ANY company is a challenge, even if the companies are very loyal, not to mention that everyone likes to keep things the way they do it.

Don't believe all the hype. The new US Airways is just fine, despite what the naysayers on these boards may say. Good God, we're only 3 months into it.

Back