Prater Speaks

If US Airways breaks out, and UAL follows which is very likely considering the already have a strong movement to decertify, ALPA numbers would be dominated by the regional airlines.

I don't speak with authority on this, but I believe the Regionals already are above 45%. I don't know what it would actually mean, but I think it would only take U leaving to tip the so called balance.

Greeter.

At least 600 East pilots will not vote to decertify because we realize there is probably another merger in our future and we don't want another American TWA integration.

So much for your trump card.

Hmmm...must be 600 lurkers that won't fess up in any conversations that I've heard :lol:

At least 600 East pilots will not vote to decertify because we realize there is probably another merger in our future and we don't want another American TWA integration.

So much for your trump card.

The TWA pilots abrogated their seniority right based upon ALPA council and the fear that AA would just liquidate the TWA assets. Many TWA pilots feel they were sold down the river by ALPA because ALPA didn't want to enter into a hostile seniority fight with the APA at the same time they were trying to court the APA to rejoin ALPA. Of course ALPA has more integrity than to offer up a couple thousand pilots as an olive branch. :shock:

United is the one on rocky financial ground and the US Airways pilots would have the same merger rights under new representation, there just wouldn't be the "ALPA National Merger Policy" to follow. Because of course that went really well. No big loss there of course. So much for your trump card, I guess.

Chris Beebe, pray tell what he has done for you that any other self-serving pilot would not do. Jack Stephan knows where his nose has been -----right up Parkers kazoo. It used to be Ashby, if the tide were to change these folks would do nothing different. The fact that you guys can not knock a no load off of the negotiating team tells me he has a history of behind the scenes negotiating. I think they are afraid to cut him loose, you know about the loose LIPS .

Their national officer and fellow east pilot Chris Beebe has already warned them of the major mistake they would be making marching around naked without any representation.

Sheeezzzus! Yea, we'll be "naked". Have you stopped to think about how WELL we've done with ALPA?

They are of no use. They offer no value. We have been blindly sending them money twice a month for over twenty years. They have the nice retirements, larger salaries, better life styles, and better job security.

With ALPA, I'm junior to a two year guy, have a very small sliver of a pension left, no job security, and a very modest life style.

I'm sorry, I've lost my place....why do we need ALPA again?

If US Airways breaks out, and UAL follows which is very likely considering the already have a strong movement to decertify, ALPA numbers would be dominated by the regional airlines.

Where are you getting your information? Because from the inside of UAL, the "movement to decertify" by UPA has gone nowhere.

In their "home base" of DC, they failed to pass two of their main resolutions. Out of a council of 1200+ pilots they managed to get 85 votes. Hardly a strong movement if you ask me.

DC

I'll take that bet. You may have 3000 votes, but do you really think all 3000 will vote just because it didn't go DOH (never mind the FACT that ALPA Merger policy specifically omits that phase)?

You also have 1000+ or better that would love to have a $30,000 raise AND 10 more days of vacation :up: .

Your time and energies are better spent on getting an industry leading contract. Dougs got $$ in his pocket, and he's pleased to see this petty game play on for a long time.

On a side note, we West pilots have been approached by MANY East pilots. These gentlemen and ladies have been very nice to speak with. Some have even gone so far as to critize the MEC for going way over the top.

It's time to put this to bed. The ALPA merger policy was followed to the letter. The award is binding and fair. Did I mention that is was binding?

The "award" must comply with ALPA merger policy, first.

You are absolutely correct that it must comply with the requirements of merger policy, and not just the process requirements. The process isn’t the issue. The issue is that the process must afford a result that is in compliance within reasonable bounds of the guidance.

However, Prather has broadcast load and clear that they are abdicating and relinquishing all authority and responsibility to effectively implement the merger policy to the participants who then abdicated it to the senile arbitrator.

If ALPA can't rise above a position that necessarily results in pilots vociferously fighting pilots, (while chastising and admonishing us about the woes of it) then they never were more than shamans peddling illusions of unionism. :angry:

Send me my ballot.

You are absolutely correct that it must comply with the requirements of merger policy, and not just the process requirements. The process isn’t the issue. The issue is that the process must afford a result that is in compliance within reasonable bounds of the guidance.

However, Prather has broadcast load and clear that they are abdicating and relinquishing all authority and responsibility to effectively implement the merger policy to the participants who then abdicated it to the senile arbitrator.

If ALPA can't rise above a position that necessarily results in pilots vociferously fighting pilots, (while chastising and admonishing us about the woes of it) then they never were more than shamans peddling illusions of unionism. :angry:

Send me my ballot.

< www.decertifyalpa.com>

Pass it around.

The "award" must comply with ALPA merger policy, first.

It's time to put this to bed. The ALPA merger policy was followed to the letter. The award is binding and fair. Did I mention that is was binding?

I believe he said that. :p