Aug 22, 2002
1. In order of likelyhood of voting yes;
a. Fleet service
b. Mechs
c. AFA
d. CWA
CWA will be a squeaker.
Mechs by a confusing 57%
Why the yes votes? ALPA ate their young; now the company is asking the rest of us to follow suit. We will. the company is not planning furloughs due to changes in the contract language will sell ,and push this one into the yes column.
2. War with Iraq - force majuere, part II, concessions part III.
3. UA will not be allowed to emerge employee owned.
4. By year''s end, one way or another, there are going to be a lot of ''I told you so''s'' said. Anybody got any good crow recipes?[img src=''http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif'']
Luck to us all - we''re going to need it.

[BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/8/2003 6:01:00 PM diogenes wrote: [BR][BR]1. In order of likelyhood of voting yes;[BR] a. Fleet service[BR] b. Mechs[BR] c. AFA[BR] d. CWA[BR][BR]CWA will be a squeaker.[BR][BR]Mechs by a confusing 57%

Ultimatum-: a final proposition, condition, or demand; especially : one whose rejection will end negotiations and cause a resort to force or other direct action.-Merriam-Webster

IAM-Fleet should be a big NO for anyone who looks deep enough into the T/A. The boneheads from the IAM and the HUBS say we should go for it. This is based upon the fact that all sitting at the table from the IAM will retain their current pay levels. For the portion of us who will be fed $13 an hour it is not all that cut and dry. If we have to work for that crap wage we might as well move on anyway. The company should have given us a fair wage such as CO Express rate of $16, and it would have gone thru with ease. I hope those in the hubs understand that the more RJ's coming in from the small stations = less mainline jobs in the hub, thus giving them some $13 crow to eat as well. Maybe Chip will fly the 2 mainline flight a day into class 2 cities for a mainline express pay rate as well.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/9/2003 2:20:53 AM DELLDUDE wrote:

[BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
On 1/8/2003 6:01:00 PM diogenes wrote:

1. In order of likelyhood of voting yes;
a. Fleet service
b. Mechs
c. AFA
d. CWA

CWA will be a squeaker.

Mechs by a confusing 57%

Why the yes votes? ALPA ate their young; now the company is asking the rest of us to follow suit. We will. "the company is not planning furloughs due to changes in the contract language" will sell ,and push this one into the yes column.

2. War with Iraq - force majuere, part II, concessions part III.

3. UA will not be allowed to emerge employee owned.

4. By year's end, one way or another, there are going to be a lot of 'I told you so's' said. Anybody got any good crow recipes?[IMG src="http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif"]

Luck to us all - we're going to need it.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]

[/P]ha ha ha....i just happened in on a "bridge call" for all stations at around 3:00 pm (wed)give or take afew minutes....on this call all stations were reporting situations.....like schifano meettings etc.however,jerry glass came on with a comment that if any group were to reject the t/a's....well he said 'a letter will be out' stating that any group rejecting the t/a will be withdrawn from the PBGC contributory pension gig....he also stated this was not to be meant as a "threat".see what gives today in the early part of the day.if this is true,first i consider all the bullcrap about bronner liquidating to be horse doo-doo.
second,if this isn't an ultimatum,what is?
third-why would you do something like this before a vote if you didn't intend to sway it one way or another?
fourth-should drug testing be mandatory for corporate peckerheads?[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/11.gif']
----------------
[/blockquote]
------------------------------------------------------------

What'd he say he'd do if you don't have a pension plan?

I do not believe that the AFA will past their TA. To many lifestyle and scheduling changes.
But with that said half of the items are me-too items with the pilots (duty rig's and rescheduling items and redue staffing on most aircraft) so the company still wins.

diogenes:he didn't say.......he was stating that this wasn't to be taken as an"ultimatum" or threat.i said yea,right...timing is everything.can't wait to see if this letter came out later at work.

Is there truly anyone here that thinks the unions are going to win? Regardless of whether the votes are yes or no? Does anyone here think this company is NOT going to get what they want from the unions one way or another? And if you believe you can win, just what is it you expect to win? You can't force a company to remain unproductive because it keeps you working. USAirways plan of reorganization is going to fly. With or without union help. The pilots realize it. I think the mechanics realize it. And sooner or later the others will realize it.

mr

Maybe the IAM could have taken a small hit in the payscale for the mainline, and let the rest of us have a chance to earn a little more an hour than unemployment will pay us.
The rest keep $19 and do less than us must do for $13..is that fair..I think not. The hubs just load/unload or run bags..that's it. Most if not all of the class 2 stations due the job of utility/ramp and R&D, as well as de-icing.
I would be willing to bet none of the AGC's at the table with the company have any idea what goes on in other stations.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/9/2003 10:31:57 AM wings396 wrote:

Maybe the IAM could have taken a small hit in the payscale for the mainline, and let the rest of us have a chance to earn a little more an hour than unemployment will pay us.
The rest keep $19 and do less than us must do for $13..is that fair..I think not. The hubs just load/unload or run bags..that's it. Most if not all of the class 2 stations due the job of utility/ramp and R&D, as well as de-icing.
I would be willing to bet none of the AGC's at the table with the company have any idea what goes on in other stations.
----------------
[/blockquote]
------------------------------------------------------------

From 1994 until now, NONE of the members of the negotiating committees, nor NONE of the AGC's (originally appointed to their posts), came from class II stations.

They did throw a bone on the MDA committee and include one guy from a class II. But I understand he transferred into the class II from PIT.

Does it really make a difference now that 19 + families are going to sue U for everything its worth and more? Tragic event and even worse timing (not that there is EVER a good time for crashes)

"From 1994 until now, NONE of the members of the negotiating committees, nor NONE of the AGC's (originally appointed to their posts), came from class II stations.

They did throw a bone on the MDA committee and include one guy from a class II. But I understand he transferred into the class II from PIT."

This has been a big problem with the IAM from day one. We needed a voice for the class 2 stations that would have addressed our concerns. Instead we have the hub people doing what is good for their own, and the hell with the rest of us out there. Most of us have much more time with the company and are dues paying members as well. I have always liked that the CWA had a few from small station folks at the table. Granted they have not done well with their payscale either, but the IAM should have more clout than the CWA...only problem is the IAM has been in bed with the company for years. I can't give the CWA enough credit for telling the membership they don't endorse the T/A. It may bring us down in the end, but with making $13 an hour most of us are ruined either way.

Voting Predictions

AFA 60% NO 40% YES

IAM 65% NO 35% YES

CWA 57% NO 43% YES

Usairways goes to BK judge and wins in court and everyone goes to work to next day and says " O well we tried but at least I have a job.

1. Don't think the company owes you something because the t/a's were ratified. They are not grateful. You are making (or are about to be) exactly what they think you should have been making all along. Silly you; you've been overpaid the past decade.

2. All the unions are walking around hairy-chested, saying, by God, management better not come back for more!

BULLHOCKEY!! You stood still for it (and if the truth were known, complicit in it)twice. You'll stand still for it again. "We've already determined what kind of girl you are;we're just negotiating the price."

3. There will be the inevitable posts, ad nauseum, to give til it hurts.

Help me with a catchy new slogan.

Concessions, Part I - Ratify or abrogate!
CPII - Ratify or liquidate!
CPIII - Ratify or ???????

We will offer the results to U management free of charge.