What's new

President Trump is great. General Trump greatness’s.

60’s flashback.
Dog, you flashin'....?

polydoge-pdoge.gif



Trump still looking for a 51st state.
Obama said he visited 57..................somebody doesn't know what they're talking about.
 
Hey....it's tax day....I wonder how much overtime Wease didn't pay tax on.
 
Hey....it's tax day....I wonder how much overtime Wease didn't pay tax on.

Unfortunately under the Railway Labor Act for now we’re excluded from claiming exemptions for overtime.

Personally however I’m much happier that both the S&P 500 and Nasdaq have once again reached all time highs if you must know.

I was asked today to work overtime but I really just don’t need to so I turned the offer down.

I’m heading home now as a matter of fact. Hope you’re well and still working on trying to figure out how to liven up this boring 🥱 site since I’ve cut back so much on my participation?
 
Hey....it's tax day....I wonder how much overtime Wease didn't pay tax on.

Update for you. (Bipartisan)

“Senate Bill Would Extend No Tax on Overtime to All Transport Workers

A new, bipartisan Senate bill backed by the Transport Workers Union of America would expand the No Tax on Overtime policy passed in last year’s “One Big Beautiful Bill Act” to include about three million workers who are currently ineligible for a tax deduction on overtime earnings.

“Tens of thousands of TWU members are currently ineligible for the overtime earnings tax break and the TWU will keep fighting this disparity until all of our members get what they deserve,” said TWU International President John Samuelsen. “Pro-worker lawmakers from both parties, and in both chambers, are stepping up to deliver thousands of dollars in savings every year for transport workers and their families.”

The TWU has raised the alarm consistently in recent months that workers employed by airlines, railroads, school bus companies, and motor coach carriers were ineligible for the new overtime tax deduction for up to $25,000 in earnings – a potential savings of up to $6,000 per year. The flaw comes from language in the bill that relies on an outdated definition of overtime dating back to 1938.

Approximately 80,000 TWU workers are ineligible, including airline Maintenance Technicians, commuter train Coach Cleaners, and School Bus Drivers.

The Senate bill, titled the No Tax on Overtime for All Workers Act, is a companion to House legislation that was introduced in September of last year. The Senate bill was introduced by Sen. Jim Justice (R-W.Va.) and Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.).”
 
Seeing as the original “Big Beautiful Bill” gives two thirds of the tax cuts to people making over $200000 a year maybe it is time to stop dumping on the working class.
 
Update for you. (Bipartisan)

“Senate Bill Would Extend No Tax on Overtime to All Transport Workers

A new, bipartisan Senate bill backed by the Transport Workers Union of America would expand the No Tax on Overtime policy passed in last year’s “One Big Beautiful Bill Act” to include about three million workers who are currently ineligible for a tax deduction on overtime earnings.

“Tens of thousands of TWU members are currently ineligible for the overtime earnings tax break and the TWU will keep fighting this disparity until all of our members get what they deserve,” said TWU International President John Samuelsen. “Pro-worker lawmakers from both parties, and in both chambers, are stepping up to deliver thousands of dollars in savings every year for transport workers and their families.”

The TWU has raised the alarm consistently in recent months that workers employed by airlines, railroads, school bus companies, and motor coach carriers were ineligible for the new overtime tax deduction for up to $25,000 in earnings – a potential savings of up to $6,000 per year. The flaw comes from language in the bill that relies on an outdated definition of overtime dating back to 1938.

Approximately 80,000 TWU workers are ineligible, including airline Maintenance Technicians, commuter train Coach Cleaners, and School Bus Drivers.

The Senate bill, titled the No Tax on Overtime for All Workers Act, is a companion to House legislation that was introduced in September of last year. The Senate bill was introduced by Sen. Jim Justice (R-W.Va.) and Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.).”

Jsut don't work more than $12.500 of the "and a half" portion of your income. Also...you could well push yourself into a higher tax bracket
 
Jsut don't work more than $12.500 of the "and a half" portion of your income. Also...you could well push yourself into a higher tax bracket

I’m sorry but I’m not really concerned about what Tax brackets I land in either since I’m putting 30% of my Gross into my 401K. Besides the fact I know you realize that each bracket you reach only taxes the amount you make over that amount at the next percentage.

And along with maximizing the $5,400 yearly cap to my HSA from my Bank Account and invested which I claim as a deduction.

I’ve also reached the point now that I’ve started to make more on my Market returns than I’m making working. And I still make almost a religious commitment to working my 40 Hours per week.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top