Prisoner Swap

Go ask the French if the Viet Cong werent Terrorists, you might want to inform yourself of the history.

10363263_10203096533548269_3238799402458512309_n.jpg

Boy, the Libs must be getting desperate, having to roll out Bush, Palin, Nixon, and now the Viet Cong.

Next they'll be hauling out Todd Aken and Christine O'Donnell...

Ms Tree said:
I must have missed the trial where he was convicted.  Do you have a link to the transcripts?  I'll like to read his explanation.
If you don't want to hear it from me, how about the traitors fellow soldiers!

Fellow soldiers call Bowe Bergdahl a deserter, not a hero!

"I was pissed off then, and I am even more so now with everything going on," said former Sgt. Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl's platoon when he went missing on June 30, 2009. "Bowe Bergdahldeserted during a time of war, and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him."

"Any of us would have died for him while he was with us, and then for him to just leave us like that, it was a very big betrayal," said former U.S. Army Sgt. Josh Korder, who has the name of three soldiers who died while searching for Bergdahl tatooed on his back."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/01/us/bergdahl-deserter-or-hero/

Or maybe all of the deserters fellow soldiers are just Bush supporters and just making this sh!t up!

eolesen said:
Boy, the Libs must be getting desperate, having to roll out Bush, Palin, Nixon, and now the Viet Cong.

Desperate times, call for desperate measures!

southwind said:
If you don't want to hear it from me, how about the traitors fellow soldiers!

Fellow soldiers call Bowe Bergdahl a deserter, not a hero!

"I was pissed off then, and I am even more so now with everything going on," said former Sgt. Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl's platoon when he went missing on June 30, 2009. "Bowe Bergdahldeserted during a time of war, and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him."

"Any of us would have died for him while he was with us, and then for him to just leave us like that, it was a very big betrayal," said former U.S. Army Sgt. Josh Korder, who has the name of three soldiers who died while searching for Bergdahl tatooed on his back."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/01/us/bergdahl-deserter-or-hero/

Or maybe all of the deserters fellow soldiers are just Bush supporters and just making this sh!t up!
I agree the hero comment was stupid. Not sure why this admin can't leave well enough alone or at least wait till they have more info.

As far as getting him back. He is a soldier in the US military and he deserves to be tried by a US court or military tribunal. Until then he is innocent till proven guilty.

eolesen said:
Nothing to do with desperation. Just pointing out the hypocrisy which both parties are guilty of. President's negotiate to get POW back. Reagan did it and that was fine. As 700 pointed out, Palin was for him before she was against him.

Ms Tree said:
I agree the hero comment was stupid. Not sure why this admin can't leave well enough alone or at least wait till they have more info.

As far as getting him back. He is a soldier in the US military and he deserves to be tried by a US court or military tribunal. Until then he is innocent till proven guilty.
I agree with that.
It's not our job. If he deserted his post, then bring down the full forces of the UCMJ.
B) xUT

Ms Tree said:
As 700 pointed out, Palin was for him before she was against him.
Hmmm, you might want to read the actual quote from her: http://texansforsarahpalin.blogspot.com/2009/07/gov-palin-offers-support-to-family-of.html?m=1

"Todd and I are praying for Private First Class Bowe Bergdahl, his family, and all of his fellow soldiers who are putting their lives on the line to defend our freedom and protect democracy abroad"
That's a far cry from calling him a hero, no?

Palin's quote also came a month after he disappeared. Arguably, there wasn't a lot of information to go by at the time, but even then, there were reports questioning how he was captured... the link to the video from the comments of the URL above doesn't work anymore, but I did find the page in the web archive along with a transcript:

http://web.archive.org/web/20090725200933/http://www.newsy.com/videos/captive_u_s_soldier_a_hero_or_a_deserter

Twenty-three-year-old Pvt. Bowe Bergdahl appeared in a video released on the Internet over the weekend by Islamic militants.

The video proves he’s alive, but the question is how was he captured in the first place? And should the media automatically portray him as a hero?

Different American cable outlets are trying to understand the story by asking their military reporters and strategic analysts to weigh in.

First, MSNBC asks its military analyst Ret. Col. Jack Jacobs how a private like Bergdahl could be taken hostage. From Jacobs’ perspective, the circumstances are pretty odd.

“It didn’t make a great deal of sense that he was separated from a patrol because patrol members keep close sight of one another even in difficult terrain and there are all manner of electronic gear that makes it easy to take control of people so the conclusion that one draws is that he wandered off.”

CNN adds to the speculation stating a Taliban commander told CNN, Bergdahl left his outpost to get drunk and was ambushed when returning to his car.

But the network’s Pentagon Correspondent Barbara Starr says ‘hold up’ it’s no use speculating the truth will come out eventually.

“Again this discrepancy, he says he fell behind on a patrol, the U.S. military says he walked away from his combat outpost. I think we’re not likely to know the full story in a public fashion until the situation’s resolved.”

Wait a minute, says FOX News strategic analyst Lt. Col. Ralph Peters.

This discrepancy over Bergdahl’s capture only makes him a liar. The Colonel goes further to say the Private’s comments on the tape suggest he’s “collaborating with the enemy.”

“We know this private is a liar. We’re not sure if he’s a deserter, but the media needs to hit the pause button and not portray this guy as a hero.”

For a more local perspective we go to KBCI TV in Bergdahl’s hometown of Ketchum, Idaho, where they’re backing their man as a hero.

“Bowe’s an outstanding young man he has a lot of presence. He was wonderful with our customers and as our business employee and as our representative. He made long-lasting friendships with every single employee and as well as myself and he’s a great young man.”
Again, this was a month after his disappearance, and well before his platoon had returned to the US and the full story started to come out.

Go ask the French if the Viet Cong werent Terrorists, you might want to inform yourself of the history.
Go ask the French why we had to inherit their Michelin War.

Back