U.S. Charges American Airlines With Racial Discrimination

But at least our government does not condone the killing of those who do not agree with the mainstream view. Our government is not headed by any clerics who guarantee you a seat in heaven if you die for the cause. Our government allows the freedom to practice whatever religion you choose or none if that is your preferance with no fear of reprisal.
And if anyone does not care for our government, I am sure Saudi, Iran, Syria, Pakistan, Egypt or any of those great beds of religious freedoms will be happy to take them in!

----------------
On 4/26/2003 2:50:11 PM AAStew wrote:

But at least our government does not condone the killing of those who do not agree with the mainstream view. Our government is not headed by any clerics who guarantee you a seat in heaven if you die for the cause. Our government allows the freedom to practice whatever religion you choose or none if that is your preferance with no fear of reprisal.
And if anyone does not care for our government, I am sure Saudi, Iran, Syria, Pakistan, Egypt or any of those great beds of religious freedoms will be happy to take them in!

----------------​

Keep drinking that red, white and blue Kool-aid.

I will Aquila. I will. I was not born here, but no one will ever convince me that this is not the greatest country on earth. I thank God for allowing me to live here. Do you? And if you don''t isn''t it wonderful that you have the freedom to disagree? Isn''t it wonderful that you can thank Jehovah, Buddah, ALlah or that voice within whom you may call God.
Again you have the freedom toleave should you wish.

----------------
On 4/26/2003 11:00:48 PM AAStew wrote:

isn''t it wonderful that you have the freedom to disagree?
----------------​

Yes; freedom to diagree with anyone except, Isreal.

----------------
On 4/27/2003 8:48:57 PM AAStew wrote:

BTW, with your views it frightens me that you work for AA.
----------------​

Ditto.

This is really the wrong forum to debate this, but with the Islam religion it all stems to Palestine doesn't it? I don't necessarily agree with Israels occupation of Palestine, but is that a reason to make the rest of the world suffer? Palestine/Israel has passed hands between the two religions since Abraham. Is it right to blow up people because of this? We are not Israel, no matter how much your clerics and teachers tell you otherwise. Again if you do not like US policy, go to a country that is more in accordance with your views and beliefs and stay out of this one.
BTW, with your views it frightens me that you work for AA. It is a sad statement of the times we live in and the disgrace brought upon Islam.

"Yes; freedom to diagree with anyone except, Israel."

I do not get it! Are you implying that someone prevents me from disagreeing with Israel or that I should not? I can assure you, that I disagree with some of the policies of Israel.I really hope, that the proposed peace plan finally deals with the land grab, that continues. In 1947 the borders were arbitrarily carved out, Israel has expanded ever since. The US, as Israel largest supporter, has chosen to turn a blind eye. If we are to have peace in the ME, I think now would be a god time to correct a few mistakes.

Arafat, who really is a terorist, is being turned away from power, the new leader has already condenmed the latest attacks and has not offered excuses, but said that these things must stop.

Pray to whom you please, but hope for peace!

----------------
On 4/28/2003 11:07:31 AM JS wrote:

What I could not understand is why Carty stood behind his bigoted employees.

Clearly a large number of (edited) got through!

----------------​
Huh????

Don Carty did the right thing in that instance, he stood behind his employees, the people who was there to make the judgement. As far as the SS agent, it seems the words in the same sentence were rude, abusive and non coooperative.

Like the saying goes, stuff happens!  

Back to the topic...

After 9/11, the policy of cooperating with hijackers was tossed out. No more opening the cockpit door for anyone, regardless of race.

Out of thousands of AA employees, I wasn't too surprised to hear of some of them tossing off Arab-looking passengers. What I could not understand is why Carty stood behind his bigoted employees.

If denying passage to Arab-looking passengers makes a measurable improvement in safety, why wasn't the number of complaints far greater? Clearly a large number (edited) got through!

true maybe if we had better profiling 9/11 might not have happened. It is here to stay and ckme all you want because i am not guilty of anything...only those with a chip on their shoulder or terrorists do not like the profilling

Airline crew sched, Make sure you don't wear your turban on the next flight!!!

Have to agree with you on that, search me all you want(minus the anal cavity search) the only ones that don't like it are the guilty ones.

----------------
On 4/28/2003 9:26:00 AM Diesel8 wrote:

The US, as Israel largest supporter, has chosen to turn a blind eye.
----------------​

The electronic and print media is controlled by others, therefore we are really blind in both eyes not just one.

CRY CRY CRY I don't care about racial profiling now, with the world the way it is now, get OVER IT. ITS HERE TO STAY.... I would rather have someone investigated before he/she boards an aircraft than have them do a several year investigation, after an airplane goes down, because of some fanatic who thinks he is going to get laid by 1000 virgins in heaven.....Think about buddy.