Pro Gun control Mayor Bloomberg comments on the Colorado massacre

Guess you probably haven't heard of the Boy Scouts, eh?

Responsible firearm use is part of the program.

Maybe one reason some gun rights proponents are seen as reactive is because they're constantly under attack from do-gooders who want to impose their views on a Constitutional right...

Yea. A homophobic Christian organization for BOYS. Where do the rest of the folks go?

You you so ignorant as to believe once someone go through some weapons class that they are a responsible gun owner?

How about being proactive in preventing people who should not have weapons from getting them?

Reactions: 1 person
i have no problem with making it harder to get a gun, but banning guns all together is stupid. and the way you sound ms. tree is that everyone that owns a gun is a lunatic. i own several guns, i have raised my son to respect firearms and how to use firearms. what would you be saying if the colorado gunman had just got into his car and ran everyone down when they were coming out of the theater. should we ban cars now. because he could have done that just as easy and you have less laws in buying a car. as far as banning people from buying old military jets, just because they are military is crazy. the same person could go out and buy a bombardier challenger and do 10 times more damage than a old sabre jet.

Not sure where I saud I wanted to ban weapons. I just want them all registered. And a 747 is more dangerous than a P51 (in some ways). You cannot mount a 1,000 pound bomb on a 747 hard point because they do not have them.

If you actually read what I wrote I dod not say that people should not be able to buy them, I said that they weapon systems and delivery systems shoould be disabled.

How about being proactive in preventing people who should not have weapons from getting them?

Since Blacks and Hispanics are perceived to be involved in more gun crime than Whites or Asians, I guess you'd be OK with ethnic profiling? Prohibit city dwellers from buying weapons but allow them for country folks?

And why stop with registering all guns? Let's register all phones, email addresses, web browsing history, bank and credit card histories (presumably cash would become illegal), and your TV viewing or DVD rental histories as well as your library check-out records. That should indicate who is a real risk, right?

Trying to play "Minority Report" isn't gonna work, Tree. That was just a movie.

And yes, those who learn at an early age how to be responsible usually carry that into adulthood. Doesn't matter if it is manners, gun safety, handling money, working with adults...

Those who are taught right from wrong have a much better chance of actually doing so. Kids with absentee parents cause more issues than kids with parents who are present in their lives.

You want to fix violence once and for all? Make us like China where you need permission to reproduce....

Yea. A homophobic Christian organization for BOYS. Where do the rest of the folks go?

You you so ignorant as to believe once someone go through some weapons class that they are a responsible gun owner?

Number one, having a spiritual belief that Homosexuality is a sin is not a phobia.

2. Chick Fil A is a private enterprise and can express its views in its business practices such as closing on Sunday.

3. No one is forcing you at gunpoint to eat there. A free society means choices. Even politically incorrect ones. So here it is, If you think they're wrong don't eat there! Don't believe in abortion? Don't have one. Remember your rights end where mine begin.

This is what Liberty is folks. Embrace it, because if I'm right there is going to a lot more of it over the next few years. The 1st Amendment isn't there to protect discussions about the weather. It's there to protect controversial speech.

I can not believe the left can be so bigoted and intolerant of another s point of view. we are NOT required to march in lock step with the Liberal, Politically Correct orthodoxy spewed forth by the Media.

Reactions: 2 people

Maybe you can start a pro gay boy scout troop and that will make you happy....................not sure how well it will go over with the "General" public though !

As far as Chick- fil- a , if you don't like the company's views, "DON'T EAT THERE" !

See how well the general public take this !

"Alderman to Chick-fil-A: No deal"

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-chicago-chick-fil-a-20120725,0,6784667.story

Sounds to me like someone has heterosexual-phobia !

Number one, having a spiritual belief that Homosexuality is a sin is not a phobia.

2. Chick Fil A is a private enterprise and can express its views in its business practices such as closing on Sunday.

3. No one is forcing you at gunpoint to eat there. A free society means choices. Even politically incorrect ones. So here it is, If you think they're wrong don't eat there! Don't believe in abortion? Don't have one. Remember your rights end where mine begin.

This is what Liberty is folks. Embrace it, because if I'm right there is going to a lot more of it over the next few years. The 1st Amendment isn't there to protect discussions about the weather. It's there to protect controversial speech.

I can not believe the left can be so bigoted and intolerant of another s point of view. we are NOT required to march in lock step with the Liberal, Politically Correct orthodoxy spewed forth by the Media.

The whole gun debate does boil down to liberty. Bloomberg wants to ban the Big Gulp. If I want to order a Chik-Fil-A and a large coke that's up to me, not Mayor Bloomberg.

OK, I'll give you the phobia thing. Let's go with bigoted instead. Happy?

We were talking about the BSA, not chick fil – a (aren't you embarrassed). While I am not aware that the BSA receive Federal or state money, they do receive other federal and state assistance such as places to hold meetings and discounts for parks and such.

I could care less what Chick Fill A does, I'll never eat there. The BSA on the other hand does receive Federal hand outs and benefits so I do care about that. If they want to be bigoted, they can do so with out my financial help

Regardless, of that. I fail to see how the BSA is an example of gun safety for the country. Even if I wanted to go I could not (too old) and it is not mandatory.

The whole gun debate does boil down to liberty. Bloomberg wants to ban the Big Gulp. If I want to order a Chik-Fil-A and a large coke that's up to me, not Mayor Bloomberg.

The only catch is when you get fat and suffer medically from it you go to the ER and we all get to pay for it.

I do agree with you though. Food is something which is just to difficult to regulate and the government should keep it's nose out of it.

Boy Scouts used to be a fun gig. Then the straights ruined everything.
Oh dear, the camp fires and such. My, my the memories.

We were talking about the BSA, not chick fil – a (aren't you embarrassed). While I am not aware that the BSA receive Federal or state money, they do receive other federal and state assistance such as places to hold meetings and discounts for parks and such.

I could care less what Chick Fill A does, I'll never eat there. The BSA on the other hand does receive Federal hand outs and benefits so I do care about that. If they want to be bigoted, they can do so with out my financial help

More ignorance.

BSA is a not-for-profit that does not receive any State and Federal funds. They are supported by donations, facility rental income, and endowments.

If they get discounts on park or museum fees, it is because those are discounts offered to any youth organization. It's nothing unique to BSA.

If they gain access to a facility for meetings, it is because the facility is open to use any community group. BSA isn't getting preferential treatment.

Oh, and it's not a Christian organization. There are Muslim, Buddhist, Sihk, and Jewish troops. There are even troops sponsored and led by Scientology.

So don't worry, your money is quite untainted by their stance on faith & morality.

OK, I'll give you the phobia thing. Let's go with bigoted instead. Happy?

Regardless, of that. I fail to see how the BSA is an example of gun safety for the country. Even if I wanted to go I could not (too old) and it is not mandatory.
ok the bsa dont allow gays. and the way i am seeing you are upset that they get federal and state money, which you seem to have no proof of. so should we be upset with all black colleges? they recieve federal and state funds. should we be upset with all women colleges? the recieve federal and state funds. all male colleges? the same they recieve all federal and state funds.

no what you dont like their policies dont put your kids in bsa, its just that simple. i personally dont care if bsa allow on not allow gays, but its a good organization thats been around for a long time, and when i was in in it and my son was in it we had a good time. and before you call me a homo phobe, if bsa allow gay kids in i would still let my son join. i dont care if gays get married, marriage should be between two adults who love each other.

Latest posts