Proposed Merger Plan

Oct 9, 2003
American needs to start a fare sale,right now! We've got the "war chest"! Why don't we use it? This would put extreme pressure on Northwest,United, and Delta to put them into Chapter 7 bankruptcy. If AA could put these worthless carriers into Chapter 7, AA could pick up the pieces AA need's or want's and wouldn't have to "merge" with anybody. What does AA have to lose? Declare bankruptcy and use the bankruptcy laws like all these other worthless airlines have done.

There is more benefit to weed out the weakest, rather than let them continue to dictate the race to the bottom and BK court again and again.

An interesting idea provided you think that AA itself could survive the bloodbath. Once you force fares down, its significantly harder to get them back up.

Am I on glue or are y'all just nuts? Fares are low enough, too low. AA needs to start charging that bag fee. They bitchybitch and pissymoan about fuel costs yet they let people carry on the damn kitchen sink for free! All that luggage is eating up precious fuel and until AA starts taking charge of what is hauled onto their tin, I won't take any of their bitching seriously.

Rather than risk a passenger taking their excess bags elsewhere (where they going to go at this point, nearly everyone is charging a fee) AA would rather take it out of payroll and continue to allow passengers to abuse the airline.

CHARGE FOR THAT SECOND BAG DAMMIT! And start collecting the overweight fees for those 100 pound bags!

American needs to start a fare sale,right now! We've got the "war chest"! Why don't we use it? This would put extreme pressure on Northwest,United, and Delta to put them into Chapter 7 bankruptcy. If AA could put these worthless carriers into Chapter 7, AA could pick up the pieces AA need's or want's and wouldn't have to "merge" with anybody. What does AA have to lose? Declare bankruptcy and use the bankruptcy laws like all these other worthless airlines have done.

Princess,

Thanks, :up: I could not stop laughing when I first read this. :rolleyes:

You all might as well give up another 20% pay and bennies and offer $10 tickets like SkyBus did.
If fares are not increased to match costs, then you are just throwing more money away.

I personally do not care what this 'industry' does, but you should.

B) UT

Princess,

Thanks, :up: I could not stop laughing when I first read this. :rolleyes:

You all might as well give up another 20% pay and bennies and offer $10 tickets like SkyBus did.
If fares are not increased to match costs, then you are just throwing more money away.

I personally do not care what this 'industry' does, but you should.

B) UT

You took the words out of my mouth Tech.

I think we should just regulate the industry and offer fares based on mileage.

How about 7 cents per mile for travel anywhere in the United States for any airline.

Employees should be paid what ever it takes to keep them from quitting. :unsure: :blink: