Company/financial Community Response

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
I expect some very sobering news in response to the RC4 or possibly RC5's action to not act on LOA 91 (Consolidated Small Jet Agreement) and the recall of the Negotiating Committee. GECAS and S&P will likely not put up with this nonsense and we could see GECAS pull RJ financing, more lost revenue and feed, and then a S&P credit rating downgrade in the immediate future.

I expect to hear bad news of some sort from the financial community in response to the RC4's action very soon.

At this point the company could be in violation of the loan guarantee covenants and then Bronner could begin an orderly sale of assets followed by a Chapter 7 bankruptcy liquidation.

Potential asset sales/transfers could be the LGA terminal to Delta, Continental, & Northwest.

The Shuttle assets or slots to American, Mesa, or JetBlue.

DCA & LGA slots to Virgin USA.

B737s to FedEx.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Well ain't this just a red letter day?

USA320Pilot finally makes a post about USairways decline that doesn't implicate a union other than his own for being at fault for a refreshing change.

How does it feel Skippy??? Your side of the coin maybe exactly what puts yourself and the rest of us on the street this time....Gee , how can you re-spin this one to make it the IAM's fault this time?

I guess you have had a taste of a poison pill now too !! :p :D

USA320Pilot said:
At this point the company could be in violation of the loan guarantee covenants ...
A possible change in the make-up of ALPA's Negotiating Committee puts U in violation of the loan covenants? Wow that would be interesting language to read.

Or is someone being a little melodramatic.

Here is one for ya A320driver
POSITION TITLE: School Bus Driver/Maintenance Worker

REPORTS TO: Director of Plant Operations

JOB DESCRIPTION: This is a full-time, 12-month exempt non-professional position. Flexible hours to accommodate student transportation needs including some evenings and weekends.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma required with school bus driving experience. Some maintenance experience preferred. Required to possess a valid PS Commercial Driver’s License with the “P” endorsement and valid School Bus Driver “S” Endorsement card.

Sign language skills of applicants will be rated using the Sign Communication Proficiency Interview (SCPI); “Survival +” level skills are preferred at hire with “Advanced” skills required within four years of employment. PA Act 34 clearance and 151 Child Abuse clearance are required.

SALARY: Dependent upon education and experience with full benefits including membership in the State’s teacher retirement system, medical, dental and vision benefits, and life insurance.

DEADLINE: Until filled

STARTING DATE: August 20, 2001

APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Send letter of application and resume to:
Shirey, your unemployed
Director, Human Resources

Attachments

• bus.jpg
    bus.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 99
Of course there could be another view. The company finally gets the message that the employees are willing to help, but not by just opening up and letting managament rape our welfare. Management will have to actually negotiate something, hammer out a deal. and move on. During the time, Fuel prices fall, GECAS and S&P are happy with the positive cash flow/slow return to profitablity that the employees at USAirways have enabled the company to achieve. Credit rating goes up, giving more cushion to the loan guarantee covenants. More people start flying, More point to point flying starts, more revenue, MOre airplanes back on the property, small recalls start occuring, 737's to fedex, replaced by airbus,
United still flunders through chp11./US starts stealing pax left out from ACA/UAL split, Delta struggles to get a handle on their costs, have to file chp 11 next year, pax flock from there to US, we take over the SE and crush SWA.

See...anyone can't put any spin on anything........ When you can present hard facts, and not your opinion, we'd be more than happy to listen.

How does the fact that a disagreement on LOA 91 piss off GECAS and S/P??? Do you really think that they listen to press reports, and make their decisions based on that??? and not the actual happenings of events unfolding??? Seems to me LOA still has some unfolding to do...

If they promised to allow the members of ALPA to vote then the MEC should allow that vote to take place. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the MEC suppposed to have the best interests of ALL the pilots in mind rather than just a few?

Crzipilot said:
Of course there could be another view. The company finally gets the message that the employees are willing to help, but not by just opening up and letting managament rape our welfare.
Bingo.

It's clear from reading what the PIT and PHL reps have written that the issue is not the scope relief (dissapointing that ALPA will continue to eat it's young, however expected) but what the returns are.

The returns are completely in the company's court. Any attempt to spin it any other way is just that--spin.

I find it hilarious that those who disagree with this action have taken to referring to the MEC reps in question as the "Roll Call 4." It should be clear, based on the heated atmosphere surrounding the election of these individuals (particularly the ones from PIT) that a majority of the pilot group seems to stand behind their leadership.

Again--the current situation is of the company's making. The issue is the returns, not the scope relief itself.

We have agreed to the scope clause change...we just want something back!..The ball is in the company's court. If they want to do "other things" it is not the pilots fault..but the companys...The company will of course blame the pilots but they have an agreement to sign...just sign it and they have their scope relief.

BusFlt321,

"We have agreed to the scope clause change...we just want something back!"

As much as I personally don't like the new scope clause language, you are right on target - something back better than a few crumbs with big enough loopholes to drive a 747 through.

I found it interesting that a GECAS "official" called the MEC today (according to the latest code-a-phone) to discuss progress on scope relief. Apparently had some idle time and just happened to catch the chairman, NC, and ALPA advisors in the same place at the same time. I would like to think that Pollock told him to pester Siegel if he was so interested in scope relief, but doubt that happened.

Jim

USA320Pilot said:
GECAS and S&P will likely not put up with this nonsense
"Nonsense"???? I cannot understand people negotiating to save their jobs nonsense.....Are the "AFFECTED" employee's supposed to roll over and play dead? I understand a person like yourself who has some senority and does not really care about the fate of the junior employee......... :down:

Well it did not take long for GECAS to get directly involved again in the RJ Scope Relief negotiating process.

Tonight Jack Stephan reported on the ALPA code-a-phone that "Today a senior official from GE Capital held a conference call with your MEC Chairman, Negotiating Committee, and advisors inquiring on the progress of the small jet scope relief negotiations. The MEC was then briefed on the content of this conference call in closed session."

Would any body care to comment on why a senior official of GECAS, who holds the RJ financing and is threatening to withdraw their funds from US Airways, talked to Bill Pollock, the NC, and ALPA's Advisors today?

Then why did Pollock abruptly interrupt the meeting, remove rank-and-file members from the room, and brief the MEC in closed session?

In my opinion, the RC4 will send out LOA 91, the Consolidated Scope Relief Tentative Agreement, for membership ratification tomorrow, or GECAS will begin pulling RJ financing and US Airways will lose more revenue and feed.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

More news...

I understand that today's GECAS-ALPA Conference call this afternoon had ALPA MEC chairman Bill Pollock, Outside ALPA Counsel Mike Abrams, and the Negotiating Committee in attendance.

The news was not good and is why Pollock put the MEC into closed session.

Regards,

USA320Pilot