Could US Airways Take Over American?

16 holidays lost since May 2008 at a cost of $4,121.60 per AMT. I guess the memberships tolerance has no limits.

That is just the start, I have lost nearly $13,000.00 now since the T/A was rejected. That is on top of the 2003-2011 Concessions.

Ok So at what point do we stop licking the Government Boot, and being compliant? Most of the Succesful Labor History I read has nothing to do with governmental and/or legal compliance and pandering. In fact, non-compliance was more the norm when gains were made. Have you read the same history I have?

Yes I have and I agree but as I've said before I'm a Local President, in this organization at this carrier thats nothing more than a Section Chairman with a budget. If I call for something there's no expectation that anyone outside my Local will give it any weight.

At this point nobody can claim that we havent been patient. We had our counter proposal ready by November (a 3 month delay which was far too long) but the Mediator set the pace and under the threat of being "put on Ice" he chose when and which proposals we could put forth, we didnt get it all across to them till March, 4 more months. Then the company said they could not meet in April because rumor had it somebodys daughter was getting married the week the Mediator was available, then they came back with a regressive offer this month, 2 more months gone, we asked to be released, the mediator said no but finally agreed to a longer session in June(We've been asking for longer and more frequent sessions but have been denied). To me whats the difference between dragging this out like they have and being put on ICE? At least if we are put on ICE we have no reason to behave anymore. It will be up to the members to break the ice by heating things up, our pens can be considered to be our Icebreakers.

What the Mediator seems to forget is that this isnt a normal negotiations where we had a mutual agreement in place that we wanted to amend to make up for inflation, we for all intensive purposes went through the bankruptcy process and had wages and workrules put in place similar to those put in place by the pro-company bankruptcy process. Our members are truly suffering having lost nearly half their real income while doing the same job. We may have to write off 2003 to 2008 but theres no way we can write off 2008 to present.

I will have to discuss what path I will take with our board on Friday and the other guys the following week but I'm fed up as well, if we cant get a deal or get released this June session I dont think its worthwhile to return. I dont mind putting in the time but I dont like to have our time wasted, enough is enough. The companys regressive counter was the final straw. Like I said before we submitted their final offer back to the membership as a TA, it was rejected, when the pilots did this back in 2007 the whole process, rejection, release, Strike, PEB, was done in less than 60 days. The offer we gave the company is more than fair to them, its generous, we are asking for an annual package thats roughly half of what we gave them eight years ago when they were bringing in $5 billion less annually. It gives them the flexibility they need and gives us some Financial relief. Maybe the might have the stop sponsoring a stadiaum or putting hats on baggage carts or slow down on all the fleet upgrades, they may have to taste what we've been going through the last eight years, whatever, thats their problem, I need that money to lve up to my obligations as a father and husband.

We would only have a year left so if it truly put them at a competative disadvantage and our BK peers didnt catch up or surpass us they could address it then.

Well damn good thing the TWU used millions of our dues money to get Obama Elected so we would have a "labor friendly" NMB and Mediator. I guess they did give James C. Little some appointments in exchange for the campaign cash, but once again that only benefits him not me or any other member. This is B.S period!

It is against the law for a union to give union dues money to a candidate or a party.

Dont let the facts get in your way.

Reactions: 1 person
It is against the law for a union to give union dues money to a candidate or a party.

That is why Local Labor Councils, State and National AFL-CIO, and the D.N.C. exist.
To laundry the "illegal" money into the right place via per capita membership fess that are not subject to the same law.

In the end, it was TWU dues money going to Obama.

Or you surely are not gullible enough to believe a little law would get in the way of campaign finance....are you?
Little laws only get in the way of the little guy getting his due from the big guy.

Reactions: 1 person
Apparently you have never been an officer and dont know the Landrum-Griffith Act.

Its is still against the law for union dues to be given to a candidate or party even through a third party.

That is why PACs are set up.

Every single penny is held accountable under the LMRDA.

Apparently you have never been an officer and dont know the Landrum-Griffith Act.

Its is still against the law for union dues to be given to a candidate or party even through a third party.

ROFLMA

Splitting hairs a bit, 700.... Remember all those purple shirts when the healthcare debate was going on? That wasn't cash, but it's a bit laughable to think that union resources weren't being used as part of that.

But you're correct. They can't make direct donations to a campaign. But everyone seems to look the way on the indirect donations that get made, e.g. time and use of union halls, internet service, etc... I seriously doubt they're pro-rating that back to the PAC.

The pilots were released during a much different economic reality. The dot.com boom was still in full swing, and AMR was posting some hefty profits. I know you believe that the relative health of the company is a pack of lies, and the state of the economy and AMR's relative position in the industry shouldn't enter into play, but apparently they do with the NMB and/or the White House.

It can be used to educate members on issues and get out to vote campaigns.

The TWU members contribute to COPE. These funds are not union dues.

Apparently, Obama's envelope was a little light because he hasn't been much help with the NMB.

Let's pretend that Jimmy Hoffa is the President of the Teamsters or something. The Teamsters can't give to candidates, but Mr. Hoffa, a private citizen, can. He can attend fund raising and contribute the Max allowable by law. The candidate is well aware that Jimmy is a giving from the goodness of his 'good citizen' heart. But the candidate does know who Jimmy Hoffa represents ;)

He may never need a favor, but more than likely he will!

Technically, the union is contributing because it is your dues that pay Mr. Hoffa's salary :ph34r:

Latest posts