Question about the 767-300 Winglets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA767JET

Advanced
Mar 7, 2009
Did anyone hear anything about the winglets that were installed on our 767-300's are cracking the wing root and have to be removed ?

Hav'nt heard that one. In fact I saw a 767 just the other day with winglets. A/C 345 is I remember correctly.

<_< ------I believe there are only two, or three, out there to date! There are two lines producing 767 winglets. One at MCI, and the other at TUL. The first was the proto type, and took MCI about eighty days to produce. The last one MCI produced was turned out in forty five days. The first for TUL is taking about eighty days. I hear there are issues about getting parts, and how those parts are fitting. But once those issues are resolved, and those working it get a little more experience at whats going on, those times should come down considerably! Although I hear TUL has been utilizing quit a few more workers on their project than MCI! ------ As far as cracks, haven't heard either! Although, if you think about it, they are beefing up that wing considerably, limiting it's flexibility somewhat.

N345AA and N389AA are the two that are flying right now. Haven't heard about the cracked wing root thing at all.

Thanks guys for all your insight on this matter... :up:

Delta has some winglet'd 767s, don't they? How are they working out for them? Also, I saw two 767s parked next to each other at Term 8 at JFK. Doesn't look to me like you could park two winglet'd 767s next to each other at a lot of the gates at JFK.

Delta has some winglet'd 767s, don't they? How are they working out for them? Also, I saw two 767s parked next to each other at Term 8 at JFK. Doesn't look to me like you could park two winglet'd 767s next to each other at a lot of the gates at JFK.
<_< -------Are you sure they were 676's? Not 757's? ------I was under the impression American was the first to put these type winglets on 767's.

just flew on 345 it had winglets and roaches!
Winglets courtesy of MCI, roaches were probably picked up on a SA run - the scarebuses were full of them - total weight of the little devils was probably equal to that of the soda carried on each flight.

The little SOBs liked the galley doors for some reason.

DL repainted a couple of the ex-NW A330's, and from a distance, I can see someone confusing the two, especially since the A330 isn't operated as much in the Americas as it is in APAC or EMEA...

<_< -----According to those over on the Delta forum, they have five 767's with winglets flying, and guess what? ----- They even have two third party contracts in the works! Something AA wouldn't consider. :down: ---- Hell, they might even make a few bucks on something like that! :down: Can't do that! Not facing contract talks and all!-----They might even have to keep MCIE open! Can't do that either, now could they? :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back