Questions for ChipmunnChip,

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/26/2002 9:13:28 AM cavalier wrote:
[P]Mechanics dont get a million dollar lump sum payment or $100,000 a year pension like pilots DO GET[BR]-------------------------------------------------------------------------[BR][BR] Take flying lessons then.[BR][BR][BR][BR][BR][BR][BR][BR][BR][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]one thing i used to like about getting high,it was the view.

one thing i used to like about getting high,it was the view
------------------------------------------------------------

See, should have listened to Mommy about staying on the straight and narrow then those big pensions would be in reach.

If, if I would not have put down my log book and picked up a wrench, well, you see my point, it's our station that we each have put ourselves in.

flying is too boring for me...for you,great..not me.

---------------------------------------------------------

Boring, boring looking at this beautiful country from the air at different cities, boring making very good money with some time to actually enjoy it, boring knowing at 60 you MUST retire and go fishing, or whatever you desire to spend you time doing. I love that kind of boring, no regrets on path taken, but understand full well what I passed by. Sitting in a clean cockpit enjoying the view somehow seems better than standing on my head inside the tail end of a DC9 safety wiring an oil filter, or having hydraulic oil spayed in my eyes causing burning pain, changing tires on the ramp at 10 below zero with high winds, the entire time you are being told the plane MUST get out! Actually the A&P/AMT thing was not my first choice, but it was my last choice and thank God I have a choice.

but your union DID drag its feet and hurt OUR profits over the RJ issue.no hostility sir...no brag just fact.like i said and you can take it anyway you wish...

We had RJs. The company sold them and furloughed the pilots. All the way through the last contract negotiations in 1997, we were told the company didn't want RJs. Then all at once they say they have to have them or else. No way for us to give them to them but to outsource our jobs. You blame us for not wanting to put more guys on the street? Seems to me this is the same argument you guys are in with management right now!

Think about it?

A320 Driver

65 and 69 seats and they were flown on mainline as mainline flights, the Piedmont Shuttle is a prime example and JAX-LGA was the longest flight, I was hired on in TPA because of the PI Shuttle. And according to YOUR ALPA contract they were too heavy and carried to many passengers to be considered an RJ, if not US would have had them on Express and not mainline employees working those airplanes.

In addition to the F28's, US also flew (albeit for a short time) the 20 or so Bae146's they inherited from PSA. Some of those are probably still corroding away at MHV...

The Bae146's still flown by Air Wisconsin are counted by ALPA-UAL as an RJ, and the Avro RJ (renamed from Bae146) is counted by ALPA-NWA as an RJ.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and craps like a duck, it might just be a duck....

I don't know what you are refering to as far as our contract goes. I guess you know it better than I do and any other subject that I can generate on this board. I won't bother you again. Wallow in it all you like.

Goodbye

A320 Driver

This C/O never downed a A/C with a broken A/P. Two I can remember were SFO-PHL.
It's not a big deal.

Biffie,after over 20 years on the line I can honestly say that I only recall one time when a crew refused to take a plane with an inop autopilot.Can't say that I blame them either.Both A and B channels were inop and they were going to the west coast.On the other hand would you like to talk about how many times our lav truck has been out of service and the cleaners refused to use a borrowed truck?Nothing like a green smelly toilet for our pax.

All of the 146s have been sold or returned to the leaseholder.[BR][BR]A320, what pilots flew the F28, US Air mainline or henson? That will answer the question of mainline or RJ.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/26/2002 10:11:42 PM Biffeman wrote:

Don't know don't work in PIT, try it in PHL or C2, D1, C3, B1 or B2 in CLT and you will have sheet metal.
----------------
[/blockquote]

biff,
that sort of sounds threatening...speaks highly of some of you iam members..

Biff,
They were mainline pilots.
And while we were flying those a/c,self parkers were installed at PIT. They let me motor my a/c right up to the jetway. No human lead in at all.
Then the got broken.
What happened to them Biff?