Questions for ChipmunnChip,

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/26/2002 9:29:25 PM Biffeman wrote:

All of the 146s have been sold or returned to the leaseholder.

A320, what pilots flew the F28, US Air mainline or henson? That will answer the question of mainline or RJ.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Piedmont/USAir mainline flew it. Now tell me what that has to do with anything? RJ stands for REGIONAL JET ( you know, like a jet airplane) not REGIONAL carrier. It's a designation for a group of aircraft and their capabilities. Or didn't you know that? This is my whole point. Mainline flew RJs. The company sold them, furoughed the pilots, and gave the flying away.

A320 Driver

p.s. 18 years and 3 months in the left seat and NEVER have I rejected an aircraft for an autopilot MEL.

I was a mainline F/O on the F-28 for 2 1/2 years and made less $ than most of the flight attendants on board and certainly less than the mechanics working the planes(same seniority as me). Mainline has nothing to do with it. They were and are (at Horizon) RJs. Mainline would have flown the new RJs if Wolf would have negotiated with us, rather than trying to sell the airline to UAL. But as usual, people find it convenient to forget the past when there is an agenda at stake.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/26/2002 9:29:25 PM Biffeman wrote:
[P]All of the 146s have been sold or returned to the leaseholder.[BR][BR]A320, what pilots flew the F28, US Air mainline or henson? That will answer the question of mainline or RJ.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]biffe;say what you please,but they moved the whole UTICA hvy maint group to PIT hangar 2 somewhere in early 90's.this the answer?(f28-1000,f28-4000,f-100) 146's were always a problem...leftovers from PSA i guess.but we didn't run 'em as RJ'S then...they scuttled them ASAP due to the grenade lycoming problem from what i heard(we flew them and alpa got mainline wages) .alpa sweeties may THINK they had RJ'S but they weren' toperated M/L as RJ'Sthen.can an alpa guy confirm this?were you runningRJ'S then at mainline pay?i think the problem here is mainline pilots EXPECT mainline pay for flying RJ'S.[BR]BIFFE;if we were doing overhauls in PIT and UTICA on the fokker's,they were mainline and so were the ALPA wages.ALPA thinks they doing U a favor by flying what theycall RJ'S for mainline wages.i flew a330's and now i get the same pay flying a souped up lear jet .cut me a friggin break.

I DON'T CARE WHAT IS SAID....A320-don't you guys think you're overpaid for what you do?it isn't like you have an exclusive on a job anymore...what the heck,some punk kids already doing your job on playstation2....he'll out fly you soon from the living room...hell i even got flight sim2002...well what do you think?watch for corporate america to come after you guys big time...they can't afford your salaries anymore,you cut into their profits big time....stifle them when they want perks....don't you see the writing on the wall?ww2,united flying fannies in b-24's....its all over.....just another job replaced by TECHNOLOGY....face it,i'm right.....soon to be edsels.....whats it take to put a heavy up in the sky anymore?we aren't flying fast movers here.....flying overstufed fannies....ass makes cash......[BR]auto land,auto fly.....nasa doesn't even let them fly it either.....some day soon when you board a 777 it will say on the cockpit door"INTEL INSIDE"...sure there will be someone up front on take off's and landings,but in the meantime you'll probably be in the back after leveling off serving coca-cola's and peanuts....no need for stews anymore,we've streamlined... welcome to the 2000's...duh.

[BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/26/2002 10:25:05 PM sdavis29 wrote: [BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/26/2002 10:11:42 PM Biffeman wrote: [BR][BR]Don't know don't work in PIT, try it in PHL or C2, D1, C3, B1 or B2 in CLT and you will have sheet metal.[BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]biff,[BR]that sort of sounds threatening...speaks highly of some of you iam members..[BR][BR][BR][BR]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]You need to learn to comprehend, I was stating if those gates had self-parking the pilots would tear up the airplane due to the complexity and lack of area in those gates. No threat made nor none intended. D1 is so congested in CLT that you have to tow the 767 into the gate. Just like some of the gates in LGA, that is why certain gates are tow in instead of being marshalled in.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/26/2002 10:56:39 PM autofixer wrote:
[P]I was a mainline F/O on the F-28 for 2 1/2 years and made less $ than most of the flight attendants on board and certainly less than the mechanics working the planes(same seniority as me). Mainline has nothing to do with it. They were and are (at Horizon) RJs. Mainline would have flown the new RJs if Wolf would have negotiated with us, rather than trying to sell the airline to UAL. But as usual, people find it convenient to forget the past when there is an agenda at stake. [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]Horizon is Alaska's commuter, US Air was not and is not a commuter.

it has been yeas of mismanagement that put this company in the situation not pilots.[BR]I for one applaud alpa's stance on RJs, I would rather see them on Express replacing turboprops then mainline flights as the company intends.[BR]From Colodny to Wolf, there has just been tons of waste and bad business decisons.[BR]There is one thing I hold against the pilots and that was making a deal with the company and not honoring our picket line.

Biff, Delldude,

I flew the F-28 for the first 1 1/2 years that we had it. I got a 5% raise from 727 F/O pay to fly Captain on it. That is around 30K/year less than a Comair captain makes today. Captain on the 727 was a 60% raise from F/O pay. Our pay rates were VERY competitve and we could have still been operating RJs on mainline today had management not been opposed to the concept.
Let's face the FACTS. We had RJs on mainline and management blew it...parked them and furloughed the pilots. Then they spent a year trying to sell us during which there were NO negotiations on RJs (their choice).
Please stop blaming us for all the company woes. Regarding RJs, I think we've thoroughly covered the subject now.

A320 Driver