Questions regarding mobile boarding pass

kye

Sep 18, 2011
Hi all. In a couple of days, I'll travel from Europe to the US, it will be a private trip to several destinations. I'd like to try to use mobile boarding passes, but I have a couple of simple questions.

1) Are United Airlines' mobile boarding passes simply emails?

2) Is the important piece of a boarding pass a single image?

3) is it actually possible to get mobile boarding passes, if I check in a group of 2 people at m.united.com using a mobile phone?

Motivation:

I will have only a single phone with a mobile data connection (at&t gophone with a data package). I want to receive both boarding passes on the phone having the data connection. Then I want to transfer my wife's boarding pass (image) to her phone using bluetooth. If the boarding pass is simply one image, then this should work. Do you agree?

4) Optional: If you still have a used (no longer valid) mobile boarding pass in your email's inbox, would you be willing to forward it to me by email, so I could test prior to the trip? (If you would be willing to do this, please let me know, and I will give you my email address in a private forum message. I will edit this post and remove this request as soon as the first person has offered to help.Thank you very much).

Thank you very much in advance for your answers and help!
Best Regards
Kye

I will have only a single phone with a mobile data connection (at&t gophone with a data package). I want to receive both boarding passes on the phone having the data connection. Then I want to transfer my wife's boarding pass (image) to her phone using bluetooth. If the boarding pass is simply one image, then this should work. Do you agree?

Never mind. I simplified my situation by getting an Android phone for my wife, too. I'll configure the primary phone to run a Wifi hotspot, so my wife can directly access her email account.

Cheers