R.i.p. Ati (cytz)

schteevie

Apr 7, 2003
ATI (Airline Training International) - one of the bigger flight schools in Canada that is based out of CYTZ has apparently gone bankrupt. :(

I got a call from my instructor last week telling me so.

I started my training there back in '94 and have been an on and off renter there ever since.
I have not been current for a few months, but had planned on getting a check ride this month...
I guess I'll need to look elsewhere to rent now. :down:

I really liked the nice new aircraft ATI had.
They had a fleet of 8 new 172Rs and 2 DA20-C1 (katana eclipse)

Anyone have opinions about Island air (the other school at CYTZ) or Toronto Airways (located at Buttonville)?
I want to find another place near Toronto with good aircraft and online booking.

yeah, I know about Brampton... I think I like larger controlled airports better - especially with the amount of traffic they get there - I've seen the circuit there cramed full with 5+ aircraft, and half of them are solo students :huh:

- it's ok to visit, but I don't think I would want it to be my "base" airport.... :wacko:

schteevie said:
I really liked the nice new aircraft ATI had. They had a fleet of 8 new 172Rs and 2 DA20-C1 (katana eclipse).
Perhaps that's why they went bankrupt. It's hard for a school equipped with new airplanes to compete with schools operating older aircraft. Most students figure out pretty quickly that while a new Cessna may look nicer, they can learn just as quickly on a 30-year-old 172.

Too bad ... we need more purchases of new light airplanes.

Back