Railroad Union Strike Threat Kneecapped by Biden

I don’t think people object to be represented per se so much as they object to having a shitty union/local. Or being stuck in one as it devolves. how he felt when Delta stole $17,000 from him in 2020 and why the same thing didn’t happen at AA and UAL.
How did you feel when Delta stole $17,000 from you in 2020 and why the same thing didn’t happen at AA and UAL?

Keep drinking the Kool-aid, Weezy.

You can't imagine anyone not embracing the union lifestyle. Sounds familiar to others in popular culture who demand acceptance and conforming, and anyone who might not agree is branded a Nazi..........

The prize is very simple and it’s a prize you still haven’t obtained or regained.

That’s true; and a huge part of that is because of CBAs like this (to say nothing of the absolutely undemocratic way the Association came into being).

The reality is DL would take a CBA like this in a heart beat. Our current TOS is literally .02 less than that of AA. In return Your shitty scope would mean they could instantly shutter 20(?) stations. Maybe more. And if it applied to the above wing side, that number jumps to something like 50.

IOW, a middling at best CBA brought to you by labor leaders you didn’t vote for.

So thanks for making my point for me.

This is not the model for 2023. The unions that figure that out, win. And so do their members.

How did you feel when Delta stole $17,000 from you in 2020 and why the same thing didn’t happen at AA and UAL?
Annoyed. The same way I did the last 5-6 times you asked me. And the same way YOU should feel. It was your money too, ya know.

Still doesn’t change the fact that people aren’t objecting to unions so much as they are to weak representation.

Keep drinking the Kool-aid, Weezy.

You can't imagine anyone not embracing the union lifestyle. Sounds familiar to others in popular culture who demand acceptance and conforming, and anyone who might not agree is branded a Nazi..........

Wow. Triggered much?

That’s true; and a huge part of that is because of CBAs like this (to say nothing of the absolutely undemocratic way the Association came into being).

The reality is DL would take a CBA like this in a heart beat. Our current TOS is literally .02 less than that of AA. In return Your shitty scope would mean they could instantly shutter 20(?) stations. Maybe more. And if it applied to the above wing side, that number jumps to something like 50.

IOW, a middling at best CBA brought to you by labor leaders you didn’t vote for.

So thanks for making my point for me.

This is not the model for 2023. The unions that figure that out, win. And so do their members.

Don’t know what you’re reading but if any Station closes and they have to cease ALL flight activity we gain a new Station of at least equal value.

And BTW whatever Delta gives you (Minus $17,000) is completely totally and irrevocably NOT YOURS. You own NOTHING. You have to open your mouth and taste the sausage every day begging to keep what your benefactors provide.

Keep kissing it man.

Annoyed. The same way I did the last 5-6 times you asked me. And the same way YOU should feel. It was your money too, ya know.

Still doesn’t change the fact that people aren’t objecting to unions so much as they are to weak representation.

I didn’t lose a dime. You lost quite a bit more though didn’t ya.

Don’t know what you’re reading but if any Station closes and they have to cease ALL flight activity we gain a new Station of at least equal value.

And BTW whatever Delta gives you (Minus $17,000) is completely totally and irrevocably NOT YOURS. You own NOTHING. You have to open your mouth and taste the sausage every day begging to keep what your benefactors provide.

Keep kissing it man.
What scope language does Kev have?

And last time I checked AA and The Association had more below wing stations than DL.

And Kev you’ll have to ask the CWA/IBT Association about above the wing as the IAM/TWU Association doesn’t represent above the wing.

What scope language does Kev have?

And last time I checked AA and The Association had more below wing stations than DL.

And Kev you’ll have to ask the CWA/IBT Association about above the wing as the IAM/TWU Association doesn’t represent above the wing.

Kev has zero language. And BTW it’s ok if in Kev’s mind Delta loves and cares for him. Hell maybe for him they actually do since he’s been carrying their water for years now.

But I’m also trying to figure out what he’s missing in this language? Does Kev believe AA is going to just cease all Mainline activity to force us to move to other cities they service?

I actually used to think he was fairly bright. Guess I was wrong.

329AD81C-77DB-4543-A758-73EB94B49433.jpeg

Imagine expecting me to take labor advice from a guy that advocates scabbing. I know you're excited that I gave you some oxygen, but it's impossible to take you seriously after your comments about crossing a picket line. I see you're in a line station now, though. Good for you.

P.S. Rich-- No idea what AA is at now. I thought we were tied at 45 stations going into COVID. DL closed FNT, so we're at 44 today.

Imagine expecting me to take labor advice from a guy that advocates scabbing. I know you're excited that I gave you some oxygen, but it's impossible to take you seriously after your comments about crossing a picket line. I see you're in a line station now, though. Good for you.

P.S. Rich-- No idea what AA is at now. I thought we were tied at 45 stations going into COVID. DL closed FNT, so we're at 44 today.

Why would I give you any Labor advice? You’re well established on here IMO as someone who doesn’t really want any Union anyway. You spout off that Anti Union line that the RTW people use constantly, “worker empowerment” And since I believe AMFA is ultimately a part of those groups through SSM&P there’s really no way to call anyone who ever crossed any of their lines a scab. Besides man you’d cross as fast as a bolt if Delta told you to. You have to make sure to take care of B and the kids. So stop being a fraud for at least once in your life.

Yes you have one less Station staffed than us. Doesn’t really matter though. Delta can (They won’t) outsource every single one of your Stations tomorrow. You’re always a hairs breath away from being chopped in your city though aren’t you? I’m honestly surprised they haven’t chopped your city since it’s already very small I believe.

I’m enjoying my little line city. But that still doesn’t mean I’m anti Hub. I like it here but we really could use some Powerstows.

You're actually highlighting a ruling triggered by a company's reaction to a fist fight at a restaurant?....

Sounds like intimidation and thuggery is alive and well.

You're actually highlighting a ruling triggered by a company's reaction to a fist fight at a restaurant?....

Sounds like intimidation and thuggery is alive and well.

I guess you choose to completely ignore a few facts. First the fact that apparently the guy who took the OT showed up looking for a fight, second the Company only “trying” to fire the Union guys and not the guy who reported (ratted) out the coworkers he attacked and last it was all Conservative Courts that ruled in favor of the Union.

The last part alone should make you rethink your comment.

Unions as a total of available jobs are only 5 or 6% in the Private sector and 12% in the Public. Regarding closed shop under the RLA my guess is Air and Rail jobs are lower than 1%.

So since 99% + of available jobs don’t force you into the Union or into paying dues you are free to work elsewhere. Remember that both those Companies and Unions didn’t go looking for you, you came to them.

Guys like you and E just got burned from the experience so now you have a grudge and a vendetta. Or maybe it’s your mental White Whale?
Actually my first experience with American Airlines was not with the UNION.

My first experience was working at Triad in Tulsa auditing tickets to make sure no fare rules were violated.

Unfortunately Air Canada took over Canadian Airlines (who American Airlines was providing accounting services for) putting everyone out of a job.

I was very impress with American Airlines while working at Triad. That is why I decided to apply for a UNION job, so I could stay with the company.

Interesting fact, the merger was backed by American Airlines, who owned 25% stake in Canadian Airlines, which I am sure had something to do with why American Airlines was providing accounting services............

At any rate I liked working at American Airlines..... the UNION cured me of that.

I've had the benefit of working both sides of the fence WeAAsles. I can tell you the dissatisfaction on the UNION side is mostly the result of the UNION trying to convince you that your a victim. It's how they manipulate you and stay in power. I'm just sorry you can't see it for what it really is.

You are right about one thing. I did get burned from the experience. Like Sam and Debbie cutting an under the table deal. Like the international turning a blind eye to it. Like my coworkers trying to talk me into voting for a concessionary contract against my own interest because they thought they were going to get an early out. The membership talks of UNION brotherhood until they think they have an opportunity to benefit then it's every man for himself. I offer Junior Fleet Service and B scale pay as proof. The UNION is hypocritical, and not just the leadership.

Stab you in the back one day and call you a UNION brother the next. That is the TWU way. I know, I have seen it MANY times.

Are you going to sit there an honestly say you have not seen the same thing during your career?