Rally June 6th

I hear 7-11 is hiring, pays about the same and you get to work in Air Conditioning!

P.S. It's PHX it's supposed to be hot! You knew the terms when you accepted the job!
Hey my co-worker simply stated it is not rally weather they know better than you how hot it is.Get of there backs.

ok let me explain my statment of ITS HOT OUTSIDE ... when i'm saying that , what i'm really hinting at is that i would like SOME repsect for the horrible conditions that i work in . Sort of the way people might respect a coal miner for working in the mines , or perhaps a deep sea diver , or a firefighter who fights fires in arizona during the summer ....

i'm sorry , i thought the implied desire for the company to show us more respect by getting a contract taken cared of was obvious .my bad , and to those who think it's too hot to rally in ,i kinda agree with you , BUT i'm only the messenger.

I'm not siding with the company but I think the union is dragging their feet as much as the company. Why aren't we pushing for arbitration as soon as possible. I'll tell you why because they are going to negotiate away the arbitration for peanuts. This union only cares about union dues not our wages and benefits. We need to change the bylaws so that your union dues are a percentage of your pay and not a flat rate. The union would fight for every damn penny then. They don't have to do diddly squat and they get the same dues no matter what. I think we should be putting pressure on the union to get something done now. We also have to stop this East vs West crap. Everyone has bad conditions to work under at some time of the year. West has hot weather in the summer East has bitter cold and snow in the winter. We all need to quit the infighting because all it does is show the company that we are not united. Believe me, I've been around for more than 35 years and they looooovve to see us fight. Stay strong and stay united!

I'm not siding with the company but I think the union is dragging their feet as much as the company. Why aren't we pushing for arbitration as soon as possible. I'll tell you why because they are going to negotiate away the arbitration for peanuts. This union only cares about union dues not our wages and benefits. We need to change the bylaws so that your union dues are a percentage of your pay and not a flat rate. The union would fight for every damn penny then. They don't have to do diddly squat and they get the same dues no matter what. I think we should be putting pressure on the union to get something done now. We also have to stop this East vs West crap. Everyone has bad conditions to work under at some time of the year. West has hot weather in the summer East has bitter cold and snow in the winter. We all need to quit the infighting because all it does is show the company that we are not united. Believe me, I've been around for more than 35 years and they looooovve to see us fight. Stay strong and stay united!
i agree here

Me,too. Absolutely. But how do you get the IAM to hear you when you're not in PIT?

We need to get a nationwide referendum going to change the bylaws to take a percentage of your pay and not a flat rate for your union dues. Hit them where it hurts the most, their pocketbook. I guarantee you they will take notice. We used to have a percentage and not a flat rate. After it was changed they seemed to get lazy. We also need to vote out all the present AGCs and get new blood in there. The guy making most of your decisions for you is a United Airlines guy (Randy Canale).

We need to get a nationwide referendum going to change the bylaws to take a percentage of your pay and not a flat rate for your union dues. Hit them where it hurts the most, their pocketbook. I guarantee you they will take notice. We used to have a percentage and not a flat rate. After it was changed they seemed to get lazy. We also need to vote out all the present AGCs and get new blood in there. The guy making most of your decisions for you is a United Airlines guy (Randy Canale).

I nominate Ron Roth the PHX ramp IAM chairman.

I don't agree the union is dragging their feet. Time is on their side. The BK judge made sure of that. I belive the last thing either party wants to do is send this case to an arbitrator. It's a crap shoot. No such thing as a "slam dunk". And when they do rule it's final and binding. Just ask our pilots.

I'm a westie. Contract that was amendable 6/05 and working with wages that were negotiated in 6/99. I would love to see a transition agreement but I fear of being a sacrifical lamb because of it. I work at a station that was outsoursed after BK part 2. Why would'nt it happen again?

Give the process time to hopefully work it's way out.

If you really want to get IAM's attention, notify the company to stop automatic dues withholding - US will be more than happy to comply.

Then delay, defer, drag out your payments to the IAM. So long as you're making any effort, they can't do a thing about it.

I'm sure some IAM apologists will say otherwise, but I know better. I've seen an agent use every trick in the book to stall dues payment, and the freakin' IAM represented them while they were in arrears!

Interrupting the cash flow is the only way to get US or IAM attention.

I hear 7-11 is hiring, pays about the same and you get to work in Air Conditioning!

P.S. It's PHX it's supposed to be hot! You knew the terms when you accepted the job!
Good go to F'ing 7-11, when some crackhead sticks a gun up your a$$ we'll all have something to talk about....

Dio,

Guess you have not read the CBA, paying dues is a condition of employment, if you do not pay after 60 days the IAM can start the process of getting you terminated.

It is clearly spelled out in the CBA.

Don't lose sight of the fact that the true enemy here is the company and that the bottom line is the company is in no hurry to come to an agreement due to the cost savings of keeping the work groups divided. This management is the same team that for years at AWA kept us fighting between ourselves instead of taking a stand together. Unity between and within all the work groups is the only way we stand a chance of winning this battle.

Dio,

Guess you have not read the CBA, paying dues is a condition of employment, if you do not pay after 60 days the IAM can start the process of getting you terminated.

It is clearly spelled out in the CBA.

I'm quite familiar with Article 27 language.

As is often the case, there is a gap between language and action.

For example, there is language that AGC's will report, in writing, the status of filed grievances. That doesn't always happen either, even when it's called to the GC's attention.

Nobody wants a union to work more than me - the problem is, I want it to work for the membership.

And before you blame it on the membership again, I have a question.

You are quite prepared to lay the woes of the nation on our poor leadership (I agree).

To be consistent, couldn't poor leadership at IAM also be possible?

Back on topic:

You can screw with the IAM cash flow this way and if you do it right, they'll never lay a glove on you.

For one thing, they don't have the staff to chase around a thousand agents.