Rapist, liars, lawyers, thieves, crooks,government officials, pedofiles and airline CEO's

jetmechjer

Advanced
Aug 8, 2004
:rant: In what order would you put them?? In my opinion the pedophile is the only one lower than most ailine CEO's. They did rape pillage and plunder while they stole money from all thier workers and prospered. But in a round about way I think what they did to all airline employees had a dire effect on many or all of their children! And I feel confident that all of the CEO's children are living wonderful lives!
This while we have death upon death and suicides among the lowlife working class and families! I seriously wonder how Mr. Our Pay and his likes sleep at night!!! He will be judged as to how he treated others this life, by one more powerful in his next life!!

By approaching the membership with hat in hand and threatening bankruptcy unless they were to recieve billions in wage cuts, concessions, and work rule changes and then greedily stuffing their pockets with millions each quarter after the fortunes of the airline had changed as a result of worker sacrifices, and for continuing to hit up the membership for sacrifices after not having shared in the sacrifice I believe the corporate officers have proven they are cut of the same cloth the Enron officers are cut from.
The cities of Dallas and Miami should name the American Airlines Center and the American Airlines Arena something else and, like Houston did with the former Enron Field, attempt to erase the stain of unfettered corporate greed that the name American Airlines sadly represents.

Recently had yet another suicide among the working class at AA. Upper management and Unions here can not possibly convince themselves that they have no blood on thier hands. How do these these crooks sleep at night?? Mr. OUR PAY.........JIMMY LITTLE.......ETC?????

To claim to know why someone took their own life is nonsense; unless they left a note saying that they killed themselves due to the concessions. There are many other aspects of an individual's life other than career compensation. A relative of mine who was an airline employee took his own life and it had absolutely nothing to do with compensation; it was a marital problem. If some employees of AA are committing suicide because of concessions as you state; then using that logic, there should be an epidemic of suicides at UA, NW, US, and DL because they took larger cuts than AA employees. The majority of blue collar workers in this country make far less than $33/hr, myself included, and they (and I) are not killing themselves. There were suicides at AA BEFORE the concessions.

That would be an interesting study. My guess from experience is there is a related spike. It's bad enough to miss life events working at a 24/7 operation but when you add the depressing things going on at work, the uncertainties, rumors and then take reduce a person's income it's easy to see why marriages become stressed or fail. You have all the ingredients for a depressed person to feel like he/she has nothing else to live for. I beleive there is a clear relationship.

It would be an interesting study to compare how many of the higher paid AA employees commit suicide to the suicide rates of the lower paid employees of the other legacies. When my relative took his own life (he did not work for AA), there were no concessions in place at the airline in which he worked; in fact, the industry was highly profitable during that period in time. So financial distress was absolutely not a factor; it had to do with the fidelity (or lack thereof) of his wife.

I agree. It could be biological. His side of the family did have a history of suicide.

Suicides are a horrible tragedy for everyone involved; but to attempt to blame American Airlines for them is outrageous.

With nearly 100,000 employees, I suspect that the employees of AMR and their families experience employee suicides at approximately the same rate as any other group of 100,000 people - like the town of Green Bay, WI. And if we add in all the family members, we probably get more like 350k to 500k people; that's more like the population of Arlington, TX, Tucson, AZ or Cleveland. I'll bet that those cities experience lots of suicides and all are tragic.

To claim to know why someone took their own life is nonsense; unless they left a note saying that they killed themselves due to the concessions.
Although I'm not about to blame concessions entirely for someone taking their life, you would be foolish to say that it did not possibly play a part in some or all of them. The facts are such that there has been a spike in personal bankruptcies, divorces, forced moves to keep their job, and forced to non-desirable shifts suchs as midnights.

Now you can argue fiscal responsibility and their choice of spouse in the first place, but you can't deny the stress of the aforementioned events can lead someone to suicidal thoughts(combined with a bit of mental illness), and each of those events can in their own way be attributted to the concessions.

I wish there was a study comparing suicides among like fields, because one suicide is one too many.

Although I'm not about to blame concessions entirely for someone taking their life, you would be foolish to say that it did not possibly play a part in some or all of them. The facts are such that there has been a spike in personal bankruptcies, divorces, forced moves to keep their job, and forced to non-desirable shifts suchs as midnights.

Now you can argue fiscal responsibility and their choice of spouse in the first place, but you can't deny the stress of the aforementioned events can lead someone to suicidal thoughts(combined with a bit of mental illness), and each of those events can in their own way be attributted to the concessions.

I wish there was a study comparing suicides among like fields, because one suicide is one too many.

It would really be interesting to see those comparisons...Keep in mind...Most of those at AA have no idea what any other airline, Including their own, have to do to survive in an economy like this one...!

It's not just financial burdens and marital issues. Airline employees let their jobs identify them. You don't just fall out of bed one morning and become a pilot,mechanic, or flight attendant. It takes a lot of training, sacrifice, work and during times like this, passion to keep going. I'll bet the suicide numbers are higher amongst those who were actually laid off or bumped to a foreign city. Somebody with more computer skills ought to set up one of those poll threads.

There is a very good example of CEO's greed.

Look at the CEO's of airlines who filed for CH. 11 bankruptcy. They go before a judge and plead with him or her to cut the wages and benefits of employees and ask to have labor agreements torn up.. ALL IN THE NAME OF SURVIVAL........Then after that, the same CEO's go ask the same judges to give them an increase and compensation and that they signed contracts when taking their current positions. Their contracts are valid, labor's is not!

Bu they blame most of the company's woes on labor costs and work rules.

This in itself exemplifies corporate greed.

It is bad enough getting raped by the company that you have been loyal to for a couple of decades. The sickening part is that our unions that we pay to protect us basically held us down while the company raped us. And told us to just hold still and don't fight and it will hurt less!!! Four years later we have still got nothing back and it hurts even worse.

I'm not defending airline execs. In fact, I thoroughly believe people with MBA's are killing US industries in general. But the bottom line in all ch 11's is greed.

Execs look out for the share holders and since they have options (that were given to them-not purchased) they become shareholders who have nothing to lose if they fail and millions to win if they succeed..

Then with little or no practical experience they put businesses on life support. No big deal to them because now they have some experience and their degree becomes more valuable.

Latest posts